It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

What is stopping the next Jared Loughner from running into a kindergarten school with a machete and killing 30 children?

And NO ONE asks WHY we had a Jared Loughner running around in the FIRST PLACE!

He had already been identified by the COPS as mentally ill so WHY was he on the streets.

BECAUSE US LAW put him there instead of in an institution where he could get help.

Since deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill America's imprisonment rate has gone from well under 500,000 in 1970 to over 7,225,800 in 2009. THAT IS 1 in 18 adult males!

Let's address the real problem people and not the problem so nicely manufactured by TPTB to herd us into giving up our rights. What has the deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill actually accomplished?

1. MORE CRIME
2. MORE HOMELESS
3. POLITICAL MEAT for more laws

Mental healthcare experienced a revolution at the mid-point of the twentieth century with the availability of the first anti-psychotic medications. For the first time, schizophrenic patients could experience partial symptom relief rather than simply being restrained or tranquilized. In this heady environment, a social movement came into being with the goal of deinstitutionalizing the mentally ill. This movement found expression in critical state and federal supreme court decisions supporting patient rights. Numerous state hospitals were shut down as a result, and previously institutionalized patients were released to live in society with the assistance of the newly created community mental health centers (CMHCs) built in most communities as a result of the 1963 US Federal Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act. The CMHCs continue to be the dominant source of front line care for most schizophrenic patients in America today. Only the most severely disabled patients are maintained in state institutions anymore

This would be a happy note to end on save for the fact that the initially adequate funding for the CMHCs has eroded over the years to the point where many struggle to simply provide minimal critical services. The noble goals of deinstitutionalization have been largely accomplished, but the follow through has not been well supported;

link   
reply to post by Versa

I would love to see you attempt to prove that banning guns cuts down on gun crime lol.

link   
I personally do not own a gun and hopefully do not have to get one,but that is a personal choice, as I have a four year old child.

I fully support the second amendment and think more people should own guns for self protection.

Prior to gun control laws, people would never have even thought of breaking into a neighbors house in fear of being shot, now with the ideas of gun control and how bad it is to own a gun, the only ones with the guns are the criminals and most of the time they are obtained illegally on the black market.

I honestly think we need less gun control vs. more gun control.
edit on 10-1-2011 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

A few unstable individuals do not respresent the population of one country. Your arguement is nothing but garbage sorry..

Would the people that were killed by Jared Loughner of been killed if the gun laws were tighter? That is the question you have to ask.... To my mind ONE LIFE is more valuable than your right to carry a gun. Has it has already been said there were people in the crowd that had access to a gun, did that stop this man killing his victims? No so that argument is dead in the water...

What is to be gained by Americans walking round with guns in their pockets?

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Sorry Capt.

My post was meant for the clueless OP not you.

link   

are you consciously adding and choosing you statements words or accidentally putting out the manipulation.....

The owner of the gun still is protected by their right to own a firearm.....

Cant be removed.. nice try on the wording....

So your saying that you should not be allowed to own a gun?

Because you have yet to state where you work.... I have suspicions that you work in a field where you have control over others lives... usually its leo or med field

What meds are you own?
edit on 10-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: sounded wrong

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper
reply to post by hangedman13

Sorry to disappoint. I had better thread developing but in light of the tragic shooting of an INNOCENT WOMAN I had to say that guns are bad. I have never needed a gun. Its not hard to get one. Just pop to a gun fair and hey presto.

But no need. I do not fear people are about to attack, Nor have I ever been threatened by government or the police. In fact only a few select members of the police force are bad. The rest are actually ok decent people.

I left the Armed forces in 2002 and have never even once needed or wanted a gun of my own. I own knives of all sorts but I hunt and a good gutting knife is a pure pleasure. If they banned knives, so what!! I dont carry one out in public and if someone broke into my house (which has NEVER happened) then I have many objects that can be used to defend myself plus I now the out of my home as opposed to an intruder who will likely not.

No EXCUSE FOR GUNS. As for killing Government officials. You lot who have guns for that reason need arresting and jailing and should be treated like extremists or terrorists.

If you dont like the way government is doing things then get involved and become a government official. But most are to lazy.

Funny, but Jefferson, an American president I believe, once stated that the sole purpose of our Second Amendment was to preserve the citizen's right to take down an abusive and non-representative government.

You argue like an idiot. You toss out platitudes and opinions and act as if they are the word of God. Can you actually martial ONE argument based on anything but "I say it is so, therefor it is fact"?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
To anybody that is interested.

Here is a fairly good review of Gun Control from Simon Fraser University.

It touches Canada and the US, so gives a decent comparison of "gun control" vs "no gun control".

Op, I think you might be suprised.

Gun Control Around the World

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I read your intro post....so, you're a self proclaimed psychopath from another country telling Americans how to run their country? I think you should take your meds and take a nap!!

link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I personally do not own a gun and hopefully do not have to get one,but that is a personal choice, as I have a four year old child.

I fully support the second amendment and think more people should own guns for self protection.

Prior to gun control laws, people would never have even thought of breaking into a neighbors house in fear of being shot, now with the ideas of gun control and how bad it is to own a gun, the only ones with the guns are the criminals and most of the time they are obtained illegally on the black market.

I honestly think we need less gun control vs. more gun control.
edit on 10-1-2011 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

When are people using their guns for protection??? when? It doen't happen, all that guns are used for is to harm people and if harming people is wrong then carrying guns is wrong as that is all they are good for! guns arent saving lives on the streets of america they are killing innocent victims!

link   
I agree with this "person" actually im from the uk and we have people without guns defending ourselves from those with and it works really well we get god knows how many reports in papers of people trying to defend their property or loved ones and dont succeed yep the OP is a real retard, here even if we do defend ourselves we commit a offense and im sure you guys in the us would follow the same path.

AS we cannot be trusted because of a few idiots we better make sure to ban everything you could make nearly anything sharp and kill someone so ban them all also petrol or gas for our us friends for want of a better word that is a explosive there will always be one and no mass of people should suffer because of that one. EVER. there is only one lesson to learn, and as long as there is a general free population it can go either way

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

So now you are advocating a whole country full of trained killers with guns? How many times has a gunman killed multiple victims in America without once being taken down by your gun wielding heroes?

WHAT the heck do you think Switzerland is? A land of trained killers BY LAW! And they have the highest number of guns per capita and the lowest crime rate in the world. Shooting guns is the national sport with women and children competing too.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

gunowners.org...
Before you spout off some nonesense, maybe do some research eh? If that isn't enough, google gun saves life, and go through a couple billion articles.
edit on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:47:44 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
I read your intro post....so, you're a self proclaimed psychopath from another country telling Americans how to run their country? I think you should take your meds and take a nap!!

Don't worry. They are working up the bill right now to expand pre-emptive rights to lock up the mentally before they do something heinous. We'll all be watching what we say a lot closer because it could land you in jail or the loony bin

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!,

LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
40,000 people were KILLED by automobiles in the USA ALONE last year. BAN cars now before they kill again. This carnage has GOT to stop. Innocent children are being killed by irresponsible people driving their cars!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have to throw my two cents in..

Responsible, licensed, American gun owners are not the ones going around shooting up schools, malls, universities and grocery stores. Its unstable, irresponsible individuals that have probably slipped through the cracks that do these sorts of crimes.

Making guns illegal will not make them unavailable.

The government does not need to "put us in our place" (or whatever the comment was), that is just ridiculous. Maybe someone needs to put YOU in your place. Oh wait.. Looks like a bunch ATSers already did that. Oops. My bad..

I would agree that people need to keep a better eye out for people like Loughner. He was basically crying out for help all over the place leading up to the shooting and no one stepped forward. The whole thing could have been prevented if he would have been given the help he obviously needed.

People like Loughner are the exception, not the rule.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
OP, You know what really gets me about people such as yourself? If this happened to anyone else, an average joe, so to speak...you would be going about your day and not even thinking about it. Most of the people in our society dont pay much attention to it. However...If this happens to a celebrity, a politician or some other prominent figure in today world, you think that it MUST BE STOPPED NOW!

The REAL problem in this country is the fact that people believe anything that is told to them on their TV from MSM. You sit back in your lounge, watching the news argeeing with all the rhetoric about how violent our society is, Guns must be banned, report your neighbor for suspicious activity. Watch out for people who keep to themselves and smoke pot. Or the guy down the street who has a"Don't tread on me" flag hanging. If I wanted to kill you or anyone else I could find million ways to get the job done. Martial arts, Forks, poison from household goods, Even an icicle. The point is there are 1000 ways to die or murder someone. Everyone is makig a big deal about this because it was a Federal Judge and a politcian targeted. Unfortunetly, truly innocent people were hurt. But because it was an authority figure, everyone goes to extremes. Similar to Police in my eyes. Many times the police and abuse their power and beat on people without justification. The moment you push and officer or say something verbally derogatory your getting your face beat in and most of society backs the cop.

So people point fingers and blame and come up with all sorts of solutions to "stop this from happening again" and usually the method is ten times worse for society because these people jumped the gun and continued to allow more of our freedoms to blow away in the wind, instead of understanding what the real problem is. The world you want to paint seems like prison to me. Only the good guys have guns in prison, you have bars to protect you, and if your good, you may get to go outside. Prison is very controlled...Just remember, there is still extreme violence and death there as well. Oh and another thing.....They who do not have guns, make weapons to kill
edit on 10-1-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

where has it been the case that young girls or old women have defended themselves from said attacks using guns?

ME - Why the heck do you think I said it? I have used a gun to drive off an attacker TWICE!

A guy with a knife breaking into a house and facing a shot gun RUNS - Rochester NY 1976
A person with a pistol sneaking onto property and facing a shot gun RUNS - NC 2006

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

are you consciously adding and choosing you statements words or accidentally putting out the manipulation.....

The owner of the gun still is protected by their right to own a firearm.....

Cant be removed.. nice try on the wording....

So your saying that you should not be allowed to own a gun?

Because you have yet to state where you work.... I have suspicions that you work in a field where you have control over others lives... usually its leo or med field

What meds are you own?
edit on 10-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: sounded wrong

Im am not on any meds. Not yet anyway.

It has nothing to do with control. Its not about my job. MY job may involve this or that but my views are my own. The two do not join in sync. Im not saying your suspisins are wrong but just because a person does this or that does not mean its the cause of my views.

I do not own a gun. I do not need a gun. I along with everyone else DO NOT need a gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join