It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Don't let this get to the front page, this is complete dis-info. Also anything that reaches the front page become an overt statement. His irrational viewpoint deserves no air-time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Then that person was responsible in the way they didnt use their gun. A responsible gun owner would never open fire into a crowd, no matter what the situation.

Thanks for proving that there are MANY responsible gun owners out there.

So that one person NOT firing their gun makes up for the lives that were lost by the person that DID fire their gun? I can only hope that at the next shooting there a 2 or more people in the crowd acting responsibly and not firing their guns, that would be so much better.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Banning guns will not accomplish anything. With all due respect, you wanting to ban all guns is a very childish action. Did you know there's more robberies, more home invasions, more rapes, more slayings, more crime when there is no gun? This one FACT ALONE is what those who want guns banned don't want the general populace to know!

Hitler didn't invade Switzerland because he knew that ALL homes had at least 1 gun --it was law. Why was it law? Because even if a psychopath like Hitler knows you have a gun in the house, he's going to go next door where there isn't one and invade them.

Banning guns will only accomplish 1 thing: the criminals will ALWAYS be able to get a hold of guns while people who play by the rules don't have any, which means they'll be victims of the crimes done by the ones who don't play by the rules and therefore have those guns. This one FACT ALONE is what those who want guns banned don't want the general populace to know! Criminals will ALWAYS be able to get a gun. ALWAYS.

I don't own a gun. But you know what? I want the ability and the option to be able to go buy one to protect my loved ones and myself if I ever need to.

I won't even tackle the whole Bill of Rights and Constitution thing you want to rid us from.

Whoever you are, you have gotten too comfortable being an American. I suggest going to a foreign county, like Beirut and spend some time there. Maybe then when you get back "home" you will be able to appreciate the very Freedoms that generations before you have died from fighting for your rights that you have apparently forgotten how to appreciate and to be thankful for.

And let's not forget, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Seems to me, there were 300,000,000 Americans that woke up on 1/8/2011 and DIDN'T go out and massacre 6 innocent victims. This man was mentally ill. You can't ban or regulate crazy.

link   

Originally posted by Versa

Then that person was responsible in the way they didnt use their gun. A responsible gun owner would never open fire into a crowd, no matter what the situation.

Thanks for proving that there are MANY responsible gun owners out there.

So that one person NOT firing their gun makes up for the lives that were lost by the person that DID fire their gun? I can only hope that at the next shooting there a 2 or more people in the crowd acting responsibly and not firing their guns, that would be so much better.

No, it proves that not everyone who owns a gun is a nut, and shouldnt be painted as one. I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY RIGHTS IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM.

You dont seem to understand, and thats ok. Fact is, for every 1 nut like loughner, there are a MILLION responsible gun owners in this country.

link   
In Japan all guns are banned and just look at the results! I agree with the OP 100%!
The American constitution must be changed to be more like that of Japan's where honor and tradition are kept SACRED!

link   
ok, I just stopped in here temporarily
to see who lost their [snip] mind.
I see, now I'm off.

link   
You have no clue I am afraid.

What country on this planet has the highest per capita private gun ownership? Here's a clue: it also is among the very lowest in gun-related crime.

Switzerland.

www.stephenhalbrook.com...

You are a fool for wanting the Constitution suspended; that would sure as hell launch a very non-civil war here in the US.

You are either a drunk or a total fool.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

3 people have knives, 3 have guns, 3 have pool cues...take away the guns, and you can still have 9 dead.

The weapon of choice is not relevant.

I can be killed without a weapon at all if someone is motivated enough.

link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Sorry to disappoint. I had better thread developing but in light of the tragic shooting of an INNOCENT WOMAN I had to say that guns are bad. I have never needed a gun. Its not hard to get one. Just pop to a gun fair and hey presto.

But no need. I do not fear people are about to attack, Nor have I ever been threatened by government or the police. In fact only a few select members of the police force are bad. The rest are actually ok decent people.

I left the Armed forces in 2002 and have never even once needed or wanted a gun of my own. I own knives of all sorts but I hunt and a good gutting knife is a pure pleasure. If they banned knives, so what!! I dont carry one out in public and if someone broke into my house (which has NEVER happened) then I have many objects that can be used to defend myself plus I now the out of my home as opposed to an intruder who will likely not.

No EXCUSE FOR GUNS. As for killing Government officials. You lot who have guns for that reason need arresting and jailing and should be treated like extremists or terrorists.

If you dont like the way government is doing things then get involved and become a government official. But most are to lazy.

link   
1. Have you seen the crime rates here?
2. Do you have any idea how many people living in this country depend upon hunting to survive?
3. Do you not realize that many states require you to take a class before you can even think about applying for a license to own a gun?

I'm pretty sure you're not an American, or you wouldn't be talking about suspending the Constitution. The Bill of Rights is fine the way it is, and I think you'll find that protecting the Constitution from being cut to ribbons is one thing that'll unite Americans regardless of gender, age, race, or political affiliation.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As it's been said before on this thread.... you ban guns, and then the only people who have them are the authorities and the criminals.

Just take a look at the "new topics" list at any time of any day to see that neither can be trusted with them.

Whenever you try and ban something people want, it's not going to stop them from wanting it and trying to get it- it is simply going to change their business from registered and regulated sellers to criminals. This is exactly what happened when alcohol got banned (in fact, more people were drinking, and drinking heavier, when it was banned then when it wasn't), and is exactly what has been happening for the last few decades with drugs.

The gun industry is too much of a money maker for guns to be banned anyways.

All you can really do is just find better ways to regulate.

As for your argument to suspend the constitution... I am completely lost for words to compile a response... however my Troll-Warning-Light has been flashing on the dashboard.

Suspend the constitution?

Might as well pack us all up on trains and ship us out to labor camps.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
We can never supsend the consitution if we give up a freedom we may give it up permently. I will never give up my freedom of speech. Now if I knew that something was about go down where people would shoot me over resources then I might consider having a gun. I am only talking about some type of situation where resources are scarce and people are desperate.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lets not feed the trolls y'all. If you're hungry for some good troll food OP, just step outside and graze for a while. Way to deny ignorance there bud.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

Good for you. I've used a gun half a dozen times in my life to chase away burglars. My father used a gun to put food on our table for years when we otherwise might have gone without meat.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

"From my cold, dead hand".

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

I understand that guns were protection from tyranny of government. But government now is not what it was 100 years ago.

And a civil war....Who cares. The Government would win and things would be righted. Americans killing Americans is all to common now. Something needs to be done. The Government needs to flex some muscle and put the citizens in its place. Take away their weapons.

Cold dead hands? Honestly, I do hope so. If you wish to act like a criminal then you should be treated like one.
edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

captaintyinknots

You are correct that government is not what it was 100 years, but it is definitely NOT better.

If a corrupt government 'wins' a civil war does that 'right' things?

And finally you advocate the death of law abiding citizens who chose to defend themselves.

Ridiculous!!! You are the dangerous one.

link   

A few unstable individuals do not respresent the population of one country. Your arguement is nothing but garbage sorry..

link   

Originally posted by Cirno
In Japan all guns are banned and just look at the results! I agree with the OP 100%!
The American constitution must be changed to be more like that of Japan's where honor and tradition are kept SACRED!

Yes newbie, and what results are those?

The Yakuza or gokudō are still in operation, and have guns. They bear zero similarity to the Samurai. They terrorize people, extort money, sell drugs, and prostitute women and children.

There is no honor in these things.

So how is that a model we in the US should follow?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by captaintyinknots

With all my anxities that would really scare me if I knew anyone could carry a gun. If they do have an open carry at least you could see it. If you could explain how guns improve a person's life I would like to know. I have never felt the need to carry one myself.
I know in the 1700s they had to protect themselves more; our society is slightly more civilized than that now?

I am not sure why people on here think owning or carrying has ANYTHING to do with stopping a crime, or anything of the nature. It is the people's defense against a tyranical gov't.

And, as I have already said, even if guns were totally outlawed, I could still get one, and conceal/carry one. ANYONE can be carrying, whether its legal or illegal.

It cuts down on gun crime... Americans seem so intoxicated by the idea of owning a gun that they forget or refuse to see the damage it does. Because its your constitutional right doesn't make that constitution right...

If you take away mass gun ownership then you take away the ease with which a deluded person can access a gun... It is very simple...

It would be HARDER for you to get hold of a gun if they were illegal, do you all really thing these latest killings would of happened if the gun laws were tightened? Would Jared Loughner really full-fill someone's idea of a good responsible gun owner?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cirno

Honour and tradition? hahahahaha, more like robots or drones..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join