It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We do need tighter regulations. Back in the 1700s it was a very different time people really needed guns because they had to shot and kill their food. I really don't see a good need for guns now. I really dont want to give up my other rights and that is why I put up with some gun rights. Honestly we would not need guns if other people did not have them.
I know anything can be used as a weapon but guns seems to be the most deadly.
I am more for tighter gun restrictions or gun education. I am not sure what banning guns would do. To ban something is a little extreme. My solution is to allow guns only in people's private homes. No one should be able to carry a concealed weapon unless they are on duty as a police officer or security guard. There should be a questionnare that asks certian questions that can weed out anyone with a specfic agenda or mentally unstable or with an voilent criminal history.Also everyone who wants to buy a gun should attend a gun education class. This would teach people the apporiate use of guns such as in self defense only. I also don't agree with hunting. I think if there were just tighter gun laws and more enforcement on the gun black market many of the problems would be remiedied.
edit on 10-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
We do need tighter regulations. Back in the 1700s it was a very different time people really needed guns because they had to shot and kill their food. I really don't see a good need for guns now. I really dont want to give up my other rights and that is why I put up with some gun rights. Honestly we would not need guns if other people did not have them.
I am more for tighter gun restrictions or gun education. I am not sure what banning guns would do. To ban something is a little extreme. My solution is to allow guns only in people's private homes. No one should be able to carry a concealed weapon unless they are on duty as a police officer or security guard. There should be a questionnare that asks certian questions that can weed out anyone with a specfic agenda or mentally unstable. I think if there were just tighter gun laws and more enforcement on the gun black market many of the problems would be remiedied.

The right to own guns has never been about shooting food, or protection from citizens. A populace's right to bear arms is a level of defense against tyrrany.

As for concealed carry, I disagree whole-heartedly. But even if they outlaw concealed carry, ill simply open-carry.
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Hey, why are you going to argue logic with someone that does not understand the concept.

I think we should ban guns, lathes, drills, saltpeter, coal, little tiny rocks.

These type of people need to be banned, I am sorry, I am laughing and crying at the same time.

What the HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

"From my cold, dead hand".

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

I understand that guns were protection from tyranny of government. But government now is not what it was 100 years ago.

And a civil war....Who cares. The Government would win and things would be righted. Americans killing Americans is all to common now. Something needs to be done. The Government needs to flex some muscle and put the citizens in its place. Take away their weapons.

Cold dead hands? Honestly, I do hope so. If you wish to act like a criminal then you should be treated like one.
edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

ETA: Deleted reply. Not exactly what I meant to say...

Have a good onel.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Yes true....however most of you are to gutless to kill up close and personal. Bare hands and knives take skill and patience and some degree of bottle. A gun you can sit back and just pull a little trigger.

Oh so you think it is just fine for big he-men to rape young girls and beat up old women???

Guns are an equalizer so the big ham-fisted bullies have to think twice THANK GOODNESS.

where has it been the case that young girls or old women have defended themselves from said attacks using guns? I'd stake my life on the fact that more gun crimes are committed than prevented by the ownership of guns

As was the case in Arizona the other day. At least one person, if not several in the audience was armed, and not one person had the balls to take down the assassin. Seems most people just like their guns as status symbols and weener replacements.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
The mistake the op is making is assuming that guns and the constitution are the root of the problems.

They are not.

A gun will not do anything without a hand to guide...same holds true for laws.

The problems in the US are summed up by saying the wrong hands are guiding the laws....

Get back to basics, back to the constitution and I bet you would see a decline in gun violence as well.

Goes without saying I think, but here it is anyways.

There is an immense amount of "tenseness" in the US (maybe just my view from the outside).

Remove the tension causing things (lobbyists IMHO) and you will see a drop in violence.

But that 'hand' cannot shot the gun if the gun is not there......

If there is a fight in a bar and 3 people have guns, 3 people have knives and 3 people have pool cues... who is most likely to die? Take a way the guns and you have 6 people with knives and 3 people with pool cues the fight with the guns involved is going to produce the most fatalities.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Fail...
Obvious....
Troll.....

link   

I am more for tighter gun restrictions or gun education. I am not sure what banning guns would do. To ban something is a little extreme. My solution is to allow guns only in people's private homes. No one should be able to carry a concealed weapon unless they are on duty as a police officer or security guard. There should be a questionnare that asks certian questions that can weed out anyone with a specfic agenda or mentally unstable. I think if there were just tighter gun laws and more enforcement on the gun black market many of the problems would be remiedied.

You have no clue I am afraid.

What country on this planet has the highest per capita private gun ownership? Here's a clue: it also is among the very lowest in gun-related crime.

Switzerland.

www.stephenhalbrook.com...

link   
Ohh skinripper is that fear I smell? From your introduction thread I can see how a guy like you would love something like that. Nothing swings the balance like those who know how to defend themselves. You like to think your a predator but all you actually are is a scavenger, like a hyena.
Someday you will meet a actual predator and become lunch
I am a bit disappointed though was kinda expecting a better thread by you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42
reply to post by Versa

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Yes true....however most of you are to gutless to kill up close and personal. Bare hands and knives take skill and patience and some degree of bottle. A gun you can sit back and just pull a little trigger.

Oh so you think it is just fine for big he-men to rape young girls and beat up old women???

Guns are an equalizer so the big ham-fisted bullies have to think twice THANK GOODNESS.

where has it been the case that young girls or old women have defended themselves from said attacks using guns? I'd stake my life on the fact that more gun crimes are committed than prevented by the ownership of guns

As was the case in Arizona the other day. At least one person, if not several in the audience was armed, and not one person had the balls to take down the assassin. Seems most people just like their guns as status symbols and weener replacements.

Then that person was responsible in the way they didnt use their gun. A responsible gun owner would never open fire into a crowd, no matter what the situation.

Thanks for proving that there are MANY responsible gun owners out there.

link   
so you joined on dec 31, 2010...

a self described sociopath....

interesting...

So why? You stated earlier that you do not care and are stronger for it.... So why should the removal of guns be important at all... I would rather suggest a different strategy for your sociopathy to generate intellectual stimulation..

Ill give the standard possibility you are an agent or idiot...

My instinct says it is a matter of wanting interesting thoughts....

Here are mine... I'll play because I am bored..

Some good reasons for Americans and Guns....

one-
the main purpose of Americans owning firearms is for the checks and balances systems... Yes that is the main part

two-
as a sociopath consider this... it is more of a challenge to live your life if others are armed.... crunch the numbers..

three-
It would in fact lower the crime rate if we had better rights enforcement... Mandatory gun carrying laws.... Crap like this week and V-tech would have never happened....

I challenge you to name a crime that has taken place that would not have been different if everyone present where armed (well)

four-
have you timed how long it takes the LEOs to respond... Do you want to be exposed to the danger that long?

The best check to any tyranny is well armed populace.... The only reason to disarm a populace is so they can be controlled for there own good????

On a completely unrelated topic, not to you op

How can you stand what you do for a living.... You enjoy slavery....

link   

With all my anxities that would really scare me if I knew anyone could carry a gun. If they do have an open carry at least you could see it. If you could explain how guns improve a person's life I would like to know. I have never felt the need to carry one myself.
I know in the 1700s they had to protect themselves more; our society is slightly more civilized than that now?

link   
Here is the thing.

If you own a GUN thats ok. But what about if you develop a MENTAL illness whilst owning a gun.

What happens if you don't know you are developing or becoming mentally ill?

Are you going to hand over your gun? NO because you are mentally ill. So now another mentally ill person has a gun...great. Well done again to those who say its only mentally ill people or criminals who should not have guns!

We all have the potential to become mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
The mistake the op is making is assuming that guns and the constitution are the root of the problems.

They are not.

A gun will not do anything without a hand to guide...same holds true for laws.

The problems in the US are summed up by saying the wrong hands are guiding the laws....

Get back to basics, back to the constitution and I bet you would see a decline in gun violence as well.

Goes without saying I think, but here it is anyways.

There is an immense amount of "tenseness" in the US (maybe just my view from the outside).

Remove the tension causing things (lobbyists IMHO) and you will see a drop in violence.

But that 'hand' cannot shot the gun if the gun is not there......

If there is a fight in a bar and 3 people have guns, 3 people have knives and 3 people have pool cues... who is most likely to die? Take a way the guns and you have 6 people with knives and 3 people with pool cues the fight with the guns involved is going to produce the most fatalities.

So you're of the mindset that if theres a fight, guns will automatically be drawn?

link   
You see, this is what happens when a country fails to maintain its infrastructure. Bridges are crumbling, so the trolls have to abandon them and go live on the internet.

I'll give up my guns seven years after the government gives up theirs. If I don't need a gun for protection, then neither do they.

link   

My questions are fairly simple. What gives the government the right to ban guns? What could possibly give the government the right to suspend the constitution? What gives the government the right to exist if not the constitution? Our legal and governmental system is built upon the belief that it gets its legitimacy from the people. When the government acts without our consent it loses all validity.

The OP seems to assume that the government is our father and has the right to control us without our consent even if we have done nothing wrong. The statement that we have proven we cannot be trusted with guns is also flawed. Very few legitimate gun owners ever fire at a person. Most police never even fire at a person. My father was in law enforcement and I grew up with guns, I am also a pacifist. I do however enjoy shooting at targets and I don't hunt. I am like most gun owners except I no longer own a gun.

I am not convinced that the OP even believes what he posted. It is the calls for taking away guns that is used to fuel the paranoia of the government. It is also used to identify people who own guns and would them use them to protect themselves. As ATS has been identified as a place where the Tucson killer used to post, baiting of others is not surprising.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
[size=50]Okay

This

Is

The

End

Of

The

Troll

Thread
edit on 10-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

With all my anxities that would really scare me if I knew anyone could carry a gun. If they do have an open carry at least you could see it. If you could explain how guns improve a person's life I would like to know. I have never felt the need to carry one myself.
I know in the 1700s they had to protect themselves more; our society is slightly more civilized than that now?

I am not sure why people on here think owning or carrying has ANYTHING to do with stopping a crime, or anything of the nature. It is the people's defense against a tyranical gov't.

And, as I have already said, even if guns were totally outlawed, I could still get one, and conceal/carry one. ANYONE can be carrying, whether its legal or illegal.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

But this goes against the oft repeated argument that if there was an armed member of the public nearby when one of these atrocities occurs it will all be wrapped up by a few well placed shots. It is an argument I have seen on threads even here today.

What are your guns for exactly again? Why the need for 'open carry' laws etc?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

The Constitution can and has been amended. It changes with the time. But, and this saddens the violent minority, the ENTIRE nation must agree to the changes.

Why do you desire so much to destroy the soul of my nation? The Constitution is worth defending.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join