It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Suspend the Constitution? I don't even think that is possible. You are obviously quite insane.

the Constitution was created in September 17, 1787 and 'Ratified' June 21, 1788 are you sure that you want to 'stick' forever in this outdated time warp?

If it isn't possible to change American laws and/or the Constitution then you are in serious trouble because times change and some things that were good things in 1788 are not good things now....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Well maybe you need to look at the big picture... There were like 10 million guns in america that day, that weren't used for slaughtering innocent people. Gun control, handguns are banned here, I can still get one if I wanted to. The only thing banning guns does is open up another large avenue for black market money to be flooded to the gangbangers.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I dont want to get to involved much on this one, it seems to be heating up a little to much for my liking.

Just one thing...

The sole purpose of a gun is to kill right?

Anyway...its your country and if they did get banned now its prob not gonna make any difference...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper
Ban GUNS and terminate the current Bill of rights in favor of something more realistic.

Only terrorists and treasonous traitors to the U.S. would call for suspending the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Anyone that makes such claims should have their U.S. citizenship revoked and kicked out of this country. They are not welcome here.

Oh really? I am the most patriotic person there is. I support Government. I support higher taxes. I support tax breaks for the rich. I support the increase in the money available for the DoD.

I support the Industrial complex to a large degree.

Im not the one who thinks truthers should be heard. I do not accuse Government of mass killing without 100% hard proof which we ALL know none of you have. You do not have anything but mere speculation and babble.

I support the Patriot Act. You Sir, are the extremist. You neither deserve nor warrant the use of a gun. You are no better than that guy who shot the poor congress woman. You support that kind of behavior as a GUN lover.

link   
humorous

will you be coming for knives and blunt objects next?

or..

edit on 10-1-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by roguesoul

The sole purpose of ANY physical weapon is to kill.
edit on 1/10/2011 by deadline527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

lol I'm surprised that you didn't just say no like most people do with whiny children. They really hate that, watch.

Tear up the constitution? Tear up the bill of rights? Give you your way?
NO!

(Now wait for the tantrum.. get the juicebox ready and of course a little nappy mat for after)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

It does not sound like you are from the States. If you lived here for your entire life, you would understand why it is important to own a gun.

I currently live in the hills near a Pacific coastal town. Nobody gets shot around here, unless they deserved it. Because psychotic people do exist, and if they are trying to break into your home to get to your belongings/family then you deserve the means to protect yourself. - Because cops do not do their jobs.

But on a broader scale, your case is the murder caused by guns.

Yet we all know that the majority of murder by gun in the States revolves around drugs. Perhaps we should be abolishing meth, crack, and heroin before we consider your Police State idea of changing our Constitution.

As long as guns exist in the world, we should be allowed to own one. I fully support the need for a license to own a weapon, to prove that you will be safe with it. This law has either been exploited or not upheld whatsoever, this law applies to our police force and their usage of firearms.

Do not tread on our Constitution, it is the only thing that will keep us afloat. Once this is altered, our rights are no longer protected.

Move for Safety of guns, ask the CIA to stop dumping drugs into major cities, force all police officers to take Humanity tests every 6 months - But do not touch my Constitution.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Question, are you going to outlaw lathes?

How bout drills?

How bout the ingredients of gunpowder? How bout gasoline?

How bout knowledge, you going to outlaw that also?

I mean, this is the type of ignorance that should be banned. Wait a minute, that is what they are asking.

JEEZ!

link   
reply to post by Obinhi

I keep 00 buck shot in the house for just such an event that the government decides it has entirely lost its mind like is suggested in the OP. And if you bother to really do some reserch, guns are not all that hard to make, I'm sure you could make a hand cannon with stuff laying in your basement so to speak.

Yes and you should see all the nice saltpetre I found in my manure pile. I am really tempted to try and refine the stuff.

"...the ideal formula for gunpowder (75% of saltpetre, 15% of carbon and 10% of sulfur) " Wiki

link   

Originally posted by deadline527
This reminds me of what happened in the UK after they banned guns..

Knife crime went through the roof. People were being killed with swords. Hell, anything can become a deadly weapon. What about crossbows? bow and arrow?

If someone wants to kill someone, they are going to try no matter what. The only way you could even think to ban guns is if they were never invented in the first place. But now, since they are invented, even if you banned them it would do no good. Every criminal would have them and the citizens would be defenseless.

But where are the mass killing that the States are seeing? Yes we have crime, that is of course always an issue and probably always will be, but you cant kill 20+ people with a knife before being brought down, with a gun you can. It IS HARDER in a country with stringent gun laws for a person to walk into a school and kill 20 children, its about making it more difficult and therefore less likely that these crimes will be committed. It is about damage limitation... LIMITED ACCESS TO GUNS = LIMITED GUN CRIME

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Versa
Were the latest killings done by a 'criminal'? No they weren't..

Umm, yes he was a criminal. I'm not sure where you got your information from, but that kid did have several run-ins with the law according to the news and does have a criminal history. Thus, he was a criminal.

And yet he still legally obtained a gun.

Am I the only one seeing a hole in the logic here?

link   
reply to post by Versa

tsk tsk...that was not my point. If you make the punishment for ILLEGAL guns more severe like ....say removal of any finger that could be used a trigger finger. Then criminals would be less likely to carry. Things need to change, removing firearms from LEGAL law abiding citizens is not the answer, tougher consequences for the ILLEGAL carriers is a good start! ....Sigh....I'm going to start calling it UNcommon sense....for obvious reasons.

link   

The American people do not need them even for protection. Protection from who? The average American has no serious enemy.

I guess I totally disagree with you on this one. I almost had to use a gun for protection. I was called and warned by the police that a potentially dangerous person was out and maybe possibly be headed my way so they were sending out a police officer in case he showed up. Well, the "bad guy" ended up reaching my house before the police officer did. I had the gun in hand and was ready to use it if needed. Luckily he backed off and left. Without the gun, there would have been no way to protect myself from this individual.

If guns are banned, they will be taken away from those who have them legally - it does nothing about removing guns from the hands of those who have obtained them illegally, who are the individuals who do most of the shootings in this country.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Well said

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All Im saying is that America has a BAD rep when it comes to gun crime, and needs to be dealt with. The answer. Take them away and those that break the law are jailed for 50 years.and everything they ever have, houses, cars, everything taken away.

And the Bill of Rights IS OUTDATED and meaning less in todays world. We now have guns that can fire hundreds of rounds per minute, they did not back when the Bill of rights was penned.

Impose really strict punishments for those who break the law. Bring back hard labor for life and bring back public whippings and public punishment.

90% of the problem will be solved.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Let's say we gave every single person in America a gun. Wouldn't that make America a safer place?

So let's break it down:

A) Everyone has a gun

B) Those who had a gun and going mental + those going mental and only needed a gun is the sum of potential/actual shooters.

C) Police+General Populous and Good doers are now able to defend from potential shooters.

C>B

Sure the people of B might kill a few people but wouldn't you say it is much less since the general populous could defend itself?

There are some holes, maybe a mass shooting could erupt or something but don;t you get the picture?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

3)Again, you are obviously not an american. In America, we are free citizens. We do not beg the government to restrict our rights in the name of safety(well, not most of us). The government has been flexing its muscle for a long time, which is why these things are happening more frequently.

Really? Your the only country that is getting raped at the airport security checks just to travel to another state. Where is your fight there? Thats right you dont fight it. You take it.

Americans have done nothing to "fight the tyrannical government". YES you have moaned but not fought. You never will because YOU ARE NOT and HAVE NOT been free for years.

You are the only ones in the world that think you are free. Yet when you are jobless you crawl and beg your government for money, for help with the mortgage, to feed your kids. Its pathetic really. You either want the government or you dont.

You cant have it both ways. You are all hypocrites.

But you want your GUNS? For WHAT? you only use them on each other. Not for the intended purpose of having them if you go via the bill of rights.

So, ammending the bill of rights as I said. IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

1)The citizens of this country did not ask for the scans, that is an example of the 'government flexing its muscles", exactly as you are suggesting. And MANY people are fighting it, are opting out, etc.

2)Again, you show your lack of knowledge of this country. MANY people are standing up to the government. Let me ask, when the line gets tipped, how do you suggest people fight back if they cant be armed?

3)Again, learn about america before you speak of it.

Just another ignorant thread from someone who is obviously getting everything he knows about america from the MSM...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I will predicate this by stating that I am a Canadian, and I am satisfied with how much country is governed...

Ripping up the constitution and removing guns will not solve the problems faced in the US.

Step one, kick all lobbyists out of Washington, DC.

Done...most American problems solved.

No need to touch constitution or guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes!! Brilliant!

Let's pass laws that make breaking laws illegal!

This will stop them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join