It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

"From my cold, dead hand".

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

I understand that guns were protection from tyranny of government. But government now is not what it was 100 years ago.

And a civil war....Who cares. The Government would win and things would be righted. Americans killing Americans is all to common now. Something needs to be done. The Government needs to flex some muscle and put the citizens in its place. Take away their weapons.

1)Governments are not what they once were, this is true. Does this mean that everyone should lie down and submit to tyranical governments?.

2)Who cares? Government would win? So, you have no value for human life, and you think governments are invincible. awesome. You're wrong, but awesome.

3)Again, you are obviously not an american. In America, we are free citizens. We do not beg the government to restrict our rights in the name of safety(well, not most of us). The government has been flexing its muscle for a long time, which is why these things are happening more frequently.

4)You think americans are the only ones that kill each other? You think it can only happen with guns?

5)In my opinion, it is time for the citizens to put the government in its place, and take away THEIR weapons(money, energy etc )

I suggest you do a little history research, as you OBVIOUSLY dont understand america, its constitution, or why so many of us are so adamant about keeping it. I suggest you keep your opinions on YOUR side of the pond, if you choose not to educate yourself, as you have no place making a statement such as this, when you are obviously ignorant of what america is.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Are you serious, or are you just trolling? This must be one of the most extremist, most ridiculous threads I have seen on this type of topic. I could write a four page post on the merits of the US Constitution, the 2nd Amendment, et al., but I'm afraid I would be speaking to a brick wall.

"Don't tread on me."

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Obvious troll is obvious.

The answer to your question is, yes.
edit on 1/10/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Quickly, quickly, get your political jabs in now! Seriously, this comment was about as ignorant as the OP.

link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

So you judge the rest of us gun totters with the likes of one that went off the deep end and took a life. Hell the guy could of just ran them all over with a dump truck would that mean you would want dump trucks banned also
Wake up its not the gun but the person be hined the gun. I would say that some folks dont need guns but that is my opinion not a fact and I try not to paint with a broad brush ether.

This would be so much harder to accomplish if the Government would just BAN GUNS.

That is funny knives sticks and stones can kill, cars and your bare hands can kill hell just about any peace of modern anything can kill
edit on 10-1-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

Yes true....however most of you are to gutless to kill up close and personal. Bare hands and knives take skill and patience and some degree of bottle. A gun you can sit back and just pull a little trigger.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

"From my cold, dead hand".

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

I keep 00 buck shot in the house for just such an event that the government decides it has entirely lost its mind like is suggested in the OP. And if you bother to really do some reserch, guns are not all that hard to make, I'm sure you could make a hand canno with stuff laying in your basement so to speak.

Either way, black market is alive and strong. Getting a firearm is, and will continue to be, quite easy, legal or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

A M G ... I ... can't quit laughing! Sooooooo truuuee!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

So you judge the rest of us gun totters with the likes of one that went off the deep end and took a life. Hell the guy could of just ran them all over with a dump truck would that mean you would want dump trucks banned also
Wake up its not the gun but the person be hined the gun. I would say that some folks dont need guns but that is my opinion not a fact and I try not to paint with a broad brush ether.

This would be so much harder to accomplish if the Government would just BAN GUNS.

That is funny knives sticks and stones can kill, cars and your bare hands can kill hell just about any peace of modern anything can kill
edit on 10-1-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

Yes true....however most of you are to gutless to kill up close and personal. Bare hands and knives take skill and patience and some degree of bottle. A gun you can sit back and just pull a little trigger.

So really what this comes down to is that you dont like americans, and nothing else. So far you have said we are irresponsible, gutless, and impatient.

TROLL much?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have never, ever seen 1 gun of any kind kill anything, much less a person. A gun cannot, "CANNOT" operate on it's own.....People kill people, not guns...get over it......If they, the NWO get our guns, you will then see why us sane American need them...I will be the first to report any gun I see get up off a table and kill someone.....I will call and report it, so gun's beware !!!!!

link   
If I have ever seen a direct copy cat thread this is it... Regards to Kevinunknowns recent thread. *rip up the second ammendment* Atleast that guy had a rational point of view from the non american country he lived in..
This thread

link   
I vote forIMMEDIATELY SUSPENDING THE CONSTITUTION IN TOTO!!

There should be no "freedom of speech." You should not just be able to express a thought or an idea without some supervision.

There should be no "freedom of religion." The centralized planners should set up a religion for people, and not let anyone choose their own spiritual beliefs.

There should be no right to your own domain or domicile, or a "right to privacy." An individual citizen should not be allowed to choose where and how she/he lives without oversight from duly appointed government officials. There is no privacy when the good of the people is potentially at stake.

Voting is not and should not be a guaranteed right. Officials and central planners should be selected by an elite cadre of intelligentsia, and the governed should have no say in who chooses who leads and controls them. This is especially true for women and minorities, who should in no way be considered "humans" with any individual rights or capacities.

/sarcasm off

link   
The existance of the Constitution and the bill of rights is the the only thing that gives an American citizen (i'm assuming youre not one) to criticize it. No, it is not perfect but it is the sole reason this country used to be, and I believe still is, a beacon of liberty and freedom. We have had our Constitution undermined enough as it is, and fear and danger will not sway us to give another inch.

“The constitution is the rock upon which our nation rests. We must follow it, not only when it is convenient, but when fear and danger beckon us in a different direction. To do less would diminish us, and undermine the foundation upon which we stand” -Judge Andrew Napalitano

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Suspend the Constitution? I don't even think that is possible. You are obviously quite insane.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

3)Again, you are obviously not an american. In America, we are free citizens. We do not beg the government to restrict our rights in the name of safety(well, not most of us). The government has been flexing its muscle for a long time, which is why these things are happening more frequently.

Really? Your the only country that is getting raped at the airport security checks just to travel to another state. Where is your fight there? Thats right you dont fight it. You take it.

Americans have done nothing to "fight the tyrannical government". YES you have moaned but not fought. You never will because YOU ARE NOT and HAVE NOT been free for years.

You are the only ones in the world that think you are free. Yet when you are jobless you crawl and beg your government for money, for help with the mortgage, to feed your kids. Its pathetic really. You either want the government or you dont.

You cant have it both ways. You are all hypocrites.

But you want your GUNS? For WHAT? you only use them on each other. Not for the intended purpose of having them if you go via the bill of rights.

So, ammending the bill of rights as I said. IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

Take away LEGAL guns and the criminals will be the only ones armed. Use some friggin common sense!!!!

You use some common sense... Were the latest killings done by a 'criminal'? No they weren't..

I totally agree with the OP, America will never fix the gun crime issue until they tighten the gun laws. Its too easy to kill a person if you have access to guns, it is of course always possible to kill a person but these mass killings are something we dont see in countries with tighter gun laws.

No-one is saying that it would be easy to tighten the gun laws in America but if you want to stop mass killings like this you have to do something. The children and adults that were killed recently would not have been killed if gun laws were tightened and I didn't see their access to guns preventing this tragedy...

link   
Troll of the century IMO
edit on 10-1-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This reminds me of what happened in the UK after they banned guns..

Knife crime went through the roof. People were being killed with swords. Hell, anything can become a deadly weapon. What about crossbows? bow and arrow?

If someone wants to kill someone, they are going to try no matter what. The only way you could even think to ban guns is if they were never invented in the first place. But now, since they are invented, even if you banned them it would do no good. Every criminal would have them and the citizens would be defenseless.

Also, the government is NOT different then what happened 100 years ago. Actually, I think over the last 50 years they have become even more tyrannical and brazen, requiring even more of a need for them. The government would NOT win a civil war either. If it ever happened, another country would come in while we were fighting among ourselves and stomp on everyone .

So go ahead, preach all you want. Ban guns, blah, blah, blah. Next time someone is killed with an Atl-atl maybe we will try to get them banned to. Actually, I think a crossbow would of been a more efficient tool for the job then a gun. Perfectly silent, and they would have no idea they were being shot at until they were hit. Also, some broad heads are MUCH more effective then a bullet. They are designed for maximum hemorrhaging, blood loss, and shock as quick as possible.

Obviously you want to live in a crime free, perfect world. Well, guess what, WE ALL DO. I would LOVE to live in a country with zero gun crime, or any crime for that matter. But, the problem is, its impossible. The NEED for a firearm is more then ever currently.

Ever think of this, If someone at the rally near him was carrying a gun, open carry or concealed, I bet he wouldn't of killed ANYONE, because he would be dead after the first shot.

Anyway, guns are a necessary tool in order to protect us from criminals who will get them no matter what. If we banned guns, someone would make them. Its not hard to put some powder in a barrel and shoot a object out of it. The best thing we can do as a country is for more people to carry guns in order to prevent things like this from ever happening.

link   

Ban GUNS and terminate the current Bill of rights in favor of something more realistic.

Only terrorists and treasonous traitors to the U.S. would call for suspending the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Anyone that makes such claims should have their U.S. citizenship revoked and kicked out of this country. They are not welcome here.

link   

I just want to say ONE WORD

[size=50]MEXICO

Did I just screw up the narrative?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

it is of course always possible to kill a person but these mass killings are something we dont see in countries with tighter gun laws.

Yea, because suicide bombings or car bombs never happen. Hundreds dead in a terrorist explosion is a far-fetched fantasy. If someone wants to kill a lot of people they are going to.
edit on 1/10/2011 by deadline527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Were the latest killings done by a 'criminal'? No they weren't..

Umm, yes he was a criminal. I'm not sure where you got your information from, but that kid did have several run-ins with the law according to the news and does have a criminal history. Thus, he was a criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join