It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hope after the last few days events that even the most primitive of American people can now appreciate that
GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW!

Americans have shown the world that they cannot and will NEVER be able to behave responsibly with a GUN in hand.

Massacres at schools, shopping malls and Universities is common place and NOW the assassination attempt of a government official.

This would be so much harder to accomplish if the Government would just BAN GUNS.

The American people do not need them even for protection. Protection from who? The average American has no serious enemy.

Gun need to be BANNED and it looks like that day is coming. Good. I do not care how people on here think about that but with the anti-government feel to this site it proves that it only takes one or two bad eggs to spoil the party. So the easiest way is to BAN the deadly weapon.

As an added measure after the shooting of that poor congress woman who was only doing her job, I think the US constitution should be suspended till the ban of GUNS has been put into effect.

The Bill of Rights needs to be torn up and replaced with something more upto date. The right to bare arms is now outdated and will only serve to put fire in the bellies of those do not like the way the system works. Instead of improving their lives they turn to GUNS as their way to solve their pathetic lives. The Bill of Rights is too old to mean anything now-a-days and needs to be looked at before the US turn into an anarchist state.

Ban GUNS and terminate the current Bill of rights in favor of something more realistic.

PS I know a lot of you will be giving it the mouth in reply but shootings in America need to STOP. And trying to kill a government official is just plain WRONG!!! The average american has no formal training with a weapon and has no formal pass mark to achieve. If you look at driving you need to pass a test and get a license.

Americans will always resort to shooting people. Its in their nature. Anyone who does not agree with the BANNING of GUNS needs to be considered as someone who POTENTIALLY will one day do harm to someone. I

A new "extremist" law needs to be introduce for gun ownership.

edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

"From my cold, dead hand".

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Are you serious, or are you just trolling? This must be one of the most extremist, most ridiculous threads I have seen on this type of topic. I could write a four page post on the merits of the US Constitution, the 2nd Amendment, et al., but I'm afraid I would be speaking to a brick wall.

"Don't tread on me."

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So you judge the rest of us gun totters with the likes of one that went off the deep end and took a life. Hell the guy could of just ran them all over with a dump truck would that mean you would want dump trucks banned also
Wake up its not the gun but the person be hined the gun. I would say that some folks dont need guns but that is my opinion not a fact and I try not to paint with a broad brush ether.

This would be so much harder to accomplish if the Government would just BAN GUNS.

That is funny knives sticks and stones can kill, cars and your bare hands can kill hell just about any peace of modern anything can kill
edit on 10-1-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

No one does drugs, right? Seems logical to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Take away LEGAL guns and the criminals will be the only ones armed. Use some friggin common sense!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You must be out of your Gitdamn mind ......

Then the only people who had guns would be cops and criminals,....

average citizens would be completely defenseless.

While were at it lets make stab proof knives, .... foam baseball bats, and pencils with corks on them.

People will always hurt other people, .... our society is advanced beyond our civility.

edit on 10-1-2011 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Enough said. Once again the left uses tragedy like pathetic vultures to advance their totalitarian agenda.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/427b1105379a.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?

I understand that guns were protection from tyranny of government. But government now is not what it was 100 years ago.

And a civil war....Who cares. The Government would win and things would be righted. Americans killing Americans is all to common now. Something needs to be done. The Government needs to flex some muscle and put the citizens in its place. Take away their weapons.

Cold dead hands? Honestly, I do hope so. If you wish to act like a criminal then you should be treated like one.
edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper
I hope after the last few days events that event he most primitive of American people can now appreciate that
GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW!

Americans have shown the world that they cannot and will NEVER be able to behave responsibly with a GUN in hand.

Massacres at schools, shopping malls and Universities is common place and NOW the assassination attempt of a government official.

The American people do not need them even for protection. Protection from who? The average American has no serious enemy.

Gun need to be BANNED and it looks like that day is coming. Good. I do not care how people on here think about that but with the anti-government feel to this site it proves that it only takes one or two bad eggs to spoil the party. So the easiest way is to BAN the deadly weapon.

As an added measure after the shooting of that poor congress woman who was only doing her job, I think the US constitution should be suspended till the ban of GUNS has been put into effect.

The Bill of Rights needs to be torn up and replaced with something more upto date. The right to bare arms is now outdated and will only serve to put fire in the bellies of those do not like the way the system works. Instead of improving their lives they turn to GUNS as their way to solve their pathetic lives. The Bill of Rights is too old to mean anything now-a-days and needs to be looked at before the US turn into an anarchist state.

Ban GUNS and terminate the current Bill of rights in favor of something more realistic.

PS I know a lot of you will be giving it the mouth in reply but shootings in America need to STOP. And trying to kill a government official is just plain WRONG!!! The average american has no formal training with a weapon and has no formal pass mark to achieve. If you look at driving you need to pass a test and get a license.

Americans will always resort to shooting people. Its in their nature. Anyone who does not agree with the BANNING of GUNS needs to be considered as someone who POTENTIALLY will one day do harm to someone. I

A new "extremist" law needs to be introduce for gun ownership.

That is the most outrageous thing I have ever read. So if one nutjob gets his hands on a gun and kills some people, we need to take them away from everybody? That's like saying if one person crashes his car into a playground, we should forever ban cars. If one person gets too drunk and stabs somebody, we should abolish all alcohol and knives. If one person crashes a plane into an IRS building, we should get rid of planes altogether. Just because something can hurt somebody does not mean that we need to get rid of it. I can have a mental breakdown and drive a dumptruck on the wrong side of the highway, so logically that means that we should get rid off motor vehicles?

If we take guns away from the honest people, than the wackadoos who are planning on going on a killing spree sure as hell aren't going to give their guns up! So that will only leave the honest people defenseless. In fact, if MORE people carried guns, than the wackjob who shot up the grocery store could have been taken down after he got a few shots off. If anything, we should go back to the Wild West, where almost every person is armed. If somebody wants to start something and hurt innocent people, he'll get 20 guns pointed at his head

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Can we also ban knives around the world as well? It seems none of us really know how to use those either. Then after that we might as well ban rocks and sharp pointy sticks because you just know those are going to get out of hand.

link   

The government works for us, not the other way around. If anything the governemnet needs to stop its corruption.
Outlaw corruption!!! Oh wait, we already did and it still happens!

link   
I'm flagging this to raise awareness that some people really do believe this, and so that those who DO feel the same as the OP can open the thread, read the comments below, and hopefully find the error of their ways.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Weren't you the guy who introduced himself claming to be a psychopath? Seems strange that you'd post a thread which appears to be fueled by such emotion, unless you're just trolling again.

Citing this incident as an indicator that guns need to be banned is wrong. At the end of the day, people like Jared, who have clearly snapped, will find a way to carry out their crazed and anger fueled actions some way- laws don't matter to people like that, clearly. Did you call for planes to be banned after 9/11? Daft example, perhaps, but there are so many ways someone in a fragile state of mind could commit an atrocity. These events, as tragic as they are, are just symptoms, a responsible society would look at the cause- that's where the real solution lies.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

in what planet do you live?is it wrong only when a politic is killed? do you think only civilians should be banned from weapons?do you think only guns kill? and is this problem only in america?back to my first,in what planet do you live?
for that matter lets bann people from this planet

edit on 10-1-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm new here.

Is there an ignore feature for trolls like skinripper?

Nobody in their right mind could possibly think banning guns would be a good idea.

link   
I know I've posted this before, but it seems to be needed again.

Enuff said!
edit on 10-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
OP are you a troll? You must be a troll because this thread title and content seems very troll like.

Top 10 Causes of Death - US

1. Diseases of Heart 28.5%
2. Malignant Neoplasms (cancer) 22.8%
3. Cerebrovascular Diseases (stroke) 6.7%
4. Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases 5.1%
5. Accidents 4.4%
* Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents (41% of all accidents)
* Poisoning (16% of all accidents)
* Fall (15% of all accidents)
6. Diabetes Mellitus 3.0%
7. Influenza and Pneumonia 2.7%
8. Alzheimer's Disease 2.4%
9. Nephritis, Nephrotic Syndrome and Nephrosis (kidney diseases) 1.7%
10. Septicemia (blood poisoning) 1.4%

Source

You know what is funny? I don't see firearm related deaths anywhere in that list! Amazing! You have a better chance of falling to your death than being a victim of a firearm death. Should we quickly put a sweeping ban on ladders? I think we should! That just seems like the rational thing to do!

edit on 1/10/2011 by SpaDe_ because: redirected

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I keep 00 buck shot in the house for just such an event that the government decides it has entirely lost its mind like is suggested in the OP. And if you bother to really do some reserch, guns are not all that hard to make, I'm sure you could make a hand canno with stuff laying in your basement so to speak.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Wow, while I admire your conviction on this issue I strongly diagree. I hate to beat the same old drum, but who do you think will have guns once they are banned? If you guessed criminals...ding ding ding..you're right. What happened was a tragedy, but did you know that the congress woman shot is pro gun? Guns are here to stay, right, wrong or indifferent. I don't know if you are from the US, but if not, are guns illegal in your country? If we outlaw guns, then what? Knives? What about eating utinsels? Should we just make every one use sporks? What about cars? They kill people. What about alcohol? What about free speech, religion, free press (goodbye ats), music, books, military service, food? You are on a slippery slope my friend, you might want to rethink it.
Seeashrink

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join