It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Bail For Suspect, Who Gets Unabomber's Lawyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Loughner charged as an assassin, gets unibombers lawer

www.npr.org

Loughner was ordered held without bail. He is charged with one count of attempted assassination of a member of Congress, two counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder. More charges are expected.

The picture of Loughner's background also came clearer Monday.

He also was assigned a defense attorney: San Diego lawyer Judy Clarke, who represented Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Timothy McVeigh and "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
law.justia.com
edit on Tue Jan 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: BAN title must reflect actual title of article

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The news is comming out fast and furious folks. Another story I picked up on the way home via NPR. Looks like none of the local public defenders wanted to take the case so Judy Clarke took him on. If you don't know who she is, she's known for taking on high profile hard to defend cases, like the Unibomber and Tim McVeigh, the guy who bombed the federal building in Oklahoma City. Looks like Loughner will face attempted assassination of a congressman charges, I'm going to find that law and post a link to it here. The wording is important.

www.npr.org

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

unibombers lawer

indeed, wording is important...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

I do not understand this . Surely assasination is a very specific term? I was under the impression that to be an assassin one must be paid for ones services?
Seems to me that the shooter just upped and killed alot of people. Besides which , had an assassin been sent to terminate the lady congress woman, her entire head would have been blown off at the root, because the fellow doing the deed would have been using fancy ammo, and probably wouldnt have used a pistol to do the job either.
It would have been a long gun, with a big silencer, from quite some way off. This was not an assassination, even Lee Harvey Oswald was more adequate to the name, and he was functionaly useless in every way ! Total numbnut, but still more like an assassin than this Loughner character. Loughner seems to just be absolutely backflipping like a ninja mental.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well the Chief Federal Judge was also murdered. Why is no one talking about that? He severed over 40 years as a judge.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
Well the Chief Federal Judge was also murdered. Why is no one talking about that? He severed over 40 years as a judge.

I think it has to do with not being an attractive woman. Seems like the MSM only cares about who may be pleasing to the eyes, they do have to make money after all, even if it is from others pain. If you ask me the loss of that man is a greater loss to the public at large.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay

I think one of those murder counts specifically states that he murdered a "Federal Employee." I am guessing that references the Judge.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wonder why he was only charged with 2 counts of murder, rather than 6? Perhaps they are awaiting ballistics results to see if any of the other deaths were due to bullets fired at Loughner from the crowd.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He would not be "assigned" a high-profile lawyer, he would be assigned just another public defender if he couldn't afford representation.
This whole thing is really starting to reek, and smell more and more like a CIA hit. All aspects of this event are being carefully controlled it appears.
Pay attention, this guy won't be alive for too long.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi

He also was assigned a defense attorney: San Diego lawyer Judy Clarke, who represented Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Timothy McVeigh and "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski

mcviegh was a patsy !!?????? and god knows who was handling kaczynski

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
He would not be "assigned" a high-profile lawyer, he would be assigned just another public defender if he couldn't afford representation.
This whole thing is really starting to reek, and smell more and more like a CIA hit. All aspects of this event are being carefully controlled it appears.
Pay attention, this guy won't be alive for too long.

Lawyers take certain cases pro bono all the time for exposure and glory. No real mystery there.. look into a few other high profile cases in the last few decades and see for yourself that they too were taken on pro bono. Freaking ego driven defense attys...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

True, BUT, are we supposed to believe that NO ONE ELSE wanted this case? How many attorneys would love this kind of exposure?
Did Loughner have a say in who represented him?
Such a dim light illuminating these proceedings, or is it me?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi

Looks like Loughner will face attempted assassination of a congressman charges, I'm going to find that law and post a link to it here.

Allow me to help you out with that.

Federal Complaint Filed Against Jared Lee Loughner

the defendant, JARED LEE LOUGHNER, did attempt to kill Gabrielle Giffords, a Member of Congress; in violation of Title 18, United States Code Section 351(c).

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 18 > § 351

(c) Whoever attempts to kill or kidnap any individual designated in subsection (a) of this section shall be punished by imprisonment for any term of years or for life.

(a) Whoever kills any individual who is a Member of Congress or a Member-of-Congress-elect, a member of the executive branch of the Government who is the head, or a person nominated to be head during the pendency of such nomination, of a department listed in section 101 of title 5 or the second ranking official in such department, the Director (or a person nominated to be Director during the pendency of such nomination) or Deputy Director of Central Intelligence, a major Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate (as defined in section 3056 of this title), or a Justice of the United States, as defined in section 451 of title 28, or a person nominated to be a Justice of the United States, during the pendency of such nomination, shall be punished as provided by sections 1111 and 1112 of this title.

edit on 1/11/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That's not what I meant. I know he will get charged for it, but they are giving the judge far less to no coverage. My question is, do they have something to hide? Who and what was this Judge involved with? Or it could be that the female congress women will hold better ratings. Here is another interesting point of view. Gifford's is also strong on border control and protection, as of the moment it seems the federal government is not, they want it open. Mexican military has been helping drugs get across the border and at one time holding a sheriff at gun point in a Humvee while they passed 1500 pounds of weed into the US of A. One one occasion the Mexican Military fired upon US border control. Nothing happened. If the Federal Gov. wanted to stop them... They would.
edit on 12-1-2011 by SSDDay because: Added more info.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

No you are right, very dim indeed. I have been expecting my family to hear about this on the news and they haven't.

new topics

top topics

join