It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa's Fermi Catches Thunderstorm Hurling AntiMatter Into Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Nasa's Fermi Gama-ray Space Telescope has detected beams of antimatter launched by thunderstorms.
Acting like enormous partical accelarators,the storms can emit gama-ray flashes,called TGFs,and high-energy electrons and positrons.Scientists now think most TGFs produce particle beams and antimatter. Credit: Nasa's
Goddard Space Flight Center.

www.nasa.gov...

I did not see where this has been posted yet,so if this is a re post i do apologize.
This is quite amazing to me and the videos are great,check it out!

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Mon Jan 10 2011 by Jbird because: added ex tags

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just remember anytime that you see lightning,you are watching antimatter in the making!!! Thats awesome!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That's some crazy stuff.

"It is estimated that about 500 TGFs occur daily worldwide, but most go undetected."

"These signals are the first direct evidence that thunderstorms make antimatter particle beams,"

"The GBM has detected gamma rays with energies of 511,000 electron volts, a signal indicating an electron has met its antimatter counterpart, a positron."

"The GBM team has identified 130 TGFs since Fermi's launch in 2008."

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on Mon Jan 10 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Dayum son. Just saw this over facebook. S+F.

However, bare in mind it is rare. But yes, these means taht if we were to correctly align spires of the right matter, we would have ourselves a decent antimatter factory.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Does this explain why all the ufo's hang around lightning storms ?

edit on 10/1/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
WOW! I knew tremendous energies are created in a lightning bolt but this is the first I have heard of antimatter being created by it. Anyone know what kind of quantities are created when this occurs?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Great find op! There's tons of antimatter being created in this video shot from the shuttle Discovery.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Interesting question,maybe the UFOs can harvest the antimatter as a fuel source..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

wow i just reading LDragonFire thread about Bob Lazar seems to confirm Zecharia Sitchin
and he talks about Antimater

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This video was posted Nov.20, 2010, but I do think it's a older video.

In the video Bob Lazar tells us about S4 a secret bunker and hanger research facility located south of Area 51. He claims that we have 9 Alien spacecraft, and until 1979 aliens helped us in the research at this base.

He claims that he worked on the propulsion system of the alien craft. He claims the craft is powered by anti mater devices that power gravitational wave generators. These generators are able to bend space time to make interstellar spaceflight possible.

YouTube
edit on 4-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply,thats very interesting,i have not watched the video yet,but i will very soon.Thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whats a TGF?

News for TGF
# Satellite Sees Thunderstorms Make Antimatter 1 hour ago
14, 2009, NASA's Fermi flew over Egypt, and intercepted a particle beam from a
terrestrial gamma-ray flash (TGF) that occurred over its horizon. ...
International Business Times - 58 related articles

www.ibtimes.com...

When antimatter collides with a particle of normal matter, both particles immediately are annihilated and transformed into energy, forming gamma rays -exactly what Fermi is designed to detect. The telescope has detected gamma rays with energies of 511,000 electron volts, which indicates an electron has met its antimatter counterpart, a positron.

So the gama ray is all that is left when using high voltage.
Tesla produced a lot of particles at perhaps not so high voltage.

Interesting video.
So many gama rays.. is NASA sure this radiation isn't dangerous.
Hey what about the Sun, oh guess going to the Moon is ok.
Did they find any 50x the speed of light particles yet.
I heard they've been around since the beginning of time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Interesting idea there Whateva69 - I read this story on FoxNews last night and immediately the first idea that came to mind was the NASA video of the objects hovering above the thunderstorm and the possibility of them harvesting the antimatter. If they truly are alien in origin, and the T-storms do produce antimatter, then that would be a better reason why they are interested in the storms other than sight-seeing....

Thanks for posting OP - had I had enough posts to start a thread, this would have been one of them....
ETeeTime

new topics

top topics

join