It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Attorney for OK City's timothy Mc Veigh and The Unabomber Now Defending Jared Loughner?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...


PHOENIX – The nation got its first look on Monday at the 22-year-old loner accused of trying to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Jared Loughner, head shaved, a cut above the right temple and his hands cuffed, scanned a packed courtroom and sat down.

His attorney, who defended Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski, whispered to him.


Perhaps this attorney specializes in these cases but it seems a little odd to me given the conspiracy theories surrounding those cases and the speculation about Jared Loughner being a Manchurian candidate. Or is this just how these cases are handled, by special attorneys that seek out these cases? Or are we looking at another rabbitt hole?




posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
From two different perspectives you can say this is not right.

# 1) This lawyer has a TERRIBLE track record with big name killers, all of them get convicted.

# 2) Your point that this lawyer cannot be trusted because of past speculation on his other cases would imply that he is here to cover things up and "coach" the murderer into saying false things.

There may be more ways to look at this being wrong, you let me know.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just read this on BBC News also : Link Here

I posted it on another Forum when the news broke, it was just by chance I saw it. I agree with OP, it seems odd that this Lawyer was appointed. No doubt by the judicial system.

Loughner was informed he faces either life imprisonment or the death sentence, to which he made basic replies. Nothing else was said from him. I'm going to be following this closely as there seems to be more than meets the eye with this case now.

Talk of magical birds... Apparent discussions between Loughner and Giffords revolving questions about NASA back in '07... Giffords being subscribed to his Youtube account... nothing seems to add up? Hopefully we'll find answers to all of these.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't recall the fate of the others off-hand or what they had to go through awaiting execution. There may not be a chance for no conviction and perhaps for the defendant the best for him is to get some comfort and security so he lives to see a tomorrow or his legal execution date. If these people were carrying out government "orders" and knew the predicamate they would be in, then what is the best they could hope for or least they could expect?

Maybe getting decent food and cable TV is his future. That would be better than facing a death squad by guards and fellow inmates each day. I don't know, I hope to never be in his situation.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject
 



So I gather from the BBC report is that Loughner's attorney was appointed to him. Does this suggest something like a public defender? Or is this a private attorney that now specializes in high-profile cases as this?

Sorry, I just don't know how the system works in these instances and was hoping to get some answers here. Nevertheless, it all seems strange to me.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
with a track record like that, one executed the other one in a maximum security dungeon, the az shooter should think twice.

this lawyer looks like a media whore or a government plant, made sure a conviction is beyond any reasonable doubt.



edit on 10-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
reply to post by SchoolProject
 



So I gather from the BBC report is that Loughner's attorney was appointed to him. Does this suggest something like a public defender? Or is this a private attorney that now specializes in high-profile cases as this?

Sorry, I just don't know how the system works in these instances and was hoping to get some answers here. Nevertheless, it all seems strange to me.



the attorneys name is Judy Clark, and she was requested???

she is out of San Diego, which I'm pretty sure is not located in Arizona??
She also represented the sole alledged 911 terroist put on trial??



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
I don't recall the fate of the others off-hand or what they had to go through awaiting execution. There may not be a chance for no conviction and perhaps for the defendant the best for him is to get some comfort and security so he lives to see a tomorrow or his legal execution date. If these people were carrying out government "orders" and knew the predicamate they would be in, then what is the best they could hope for or least they could expect?

Maybe getting decent food and cable TV is his future. That would be better than facing a death squad by guards and fellow inmates each day. I don't know, I hope to never be in his situation.


if he does get a life sentence, then he would probably be sent to colorado's supermax. if you read the daily routine of the prisoners housed there, you would choose death.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Is anyone else having difficulty getting the name of the Lawyer? It seems that this person is a "ghost"... I've checked everywhere so I can read up on them? [EDIT - NAME GIVEN ABOVE... THANKS!]

There's some clear paralels in the case - especially around Mind Control... Mcveigh was adament that the US Army implanted chips in him and his last words to his mother were:


"Think of it this way. When I was in the Army, you didn't see me for years. Think of me that way now, like I'm away in the Army again, on an assignment for the military."

I find there's more to this than meets the eye... MKULTRA anyone?
edit on 10-1-2011 by SchoolProject because: Question asked just after name posted.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
news.yahoo.com...


PHOENIX – The nation got its first look on Monday at the 22-year-old loner accused of trying to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Jared Loughner, head shaved, a cut above the right temple and his hands cuffed, scanned a packed courtroom and sat down.

His attorney, who defended Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski, whispered to him.


Perhaps this attorney specializes in these cases but it seems a little odd to me given the conspiracy theories surrounding those cases and the speculation about Jared Loughner being a Manchurian candidate. Or is this just how these cases are handled, by special attorneys that seek out these cases? Or are we looking at another rabbitt hole?



Ms. Clark is a member of the Federal Public Defender Panel who gets appointed by the judge. They are paid a lot less than private retained attorneys of similar skill and experience. Absent special approval by the chief judge in the district, she gets a fee of $3,500.00.She can't "seek out" cases, but the number of death penalty certified federal PDs is limited. So it's not a bit unusual that she was appointed. She was actually requested by the normal PD in Tucson. Take a look at this for more details on the FPD system: www.fpdnj.org...



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchoolProject
Is anyone else having difficulty getting the name of the Lawyer? It seems that this person is a "ghost"... I've checked everywhere so I can read up on them? [EDIT - NAME GIVEN ABOVE... THANKS!]

There's some clear paralels in the case - especially around Mind Control... Mcveigh was adament that the US Army implanted chips in him and his last words to his mother were:


"Think of it this way. When I was in the Army, you didn't see me for years. Think of me that way now, like I'm away in the Army again, on an assignment for the military."

I find there's more to this than meets the eye... MKULTRA anyone?
edit on 10-1-2011 by SchoolProject because: Question asked just after name posted.



Yes, I've had trouble finding the attorney's name also.

I wasn't buying into the MKULTRA angle before, though not discounting it entirely either, but now it seems very odd and beciming more a possibility.

Was he arraigned in a federal court? I thought these cases would be state matters but involving federal officials could could demand a change of venue. I still would think it a state matter but I wouldn't think that attorney is AZ. Also, the BBC report says she was appointed, not requested. Yeah, one to make sure her client gets put away for a long time, out of the public earshot.

He may have not made it into the military but it looks more and more like he was given a mission.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It seems that Judy Clarke was only present during the initial period at Mcveighs hearing (when the initial charges are read out). He was then represented by Stephen Jones

It seems that she is just a government appointed rep who is just present during the initial court orders?



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd
 


Looks like he bought the economy-class ticket then. Thanks for the information. It already seems to be taking turns outside the usual system as I know of it.


edit on 10-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro
 


This is actually a good thing in my opinion. He is innocent until proven guilty, regardless of the facts so far. Even though we all disagree with him and his decision, this is how our system is suppose to work. The point of the defense attorney is to represent their client in the best manner they can, and to pick apart the prosecutions case, from evidence to witnesses to the actions of law enforcement and first repsonders.

If this was some type of conspiracy, he had help, the government made him to it etc etc, the argument will be made. A jury of his peers will hear it all and make a decision. If the Feds and local Leo did their jobs like thy are suppose to, crossing all the T's and dotting all the lower case j's then chances are there is nothing to worry about.

If they did not then we will see how that plays out in court.

As a side note im not defending his actions, or trying to disparage any of the people affected by this incident. I am coming from the purely legal point of view.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their day in court.

Despite his heinous crime, "alleged crime" - still innocent, I do expect he should be treated humanely whatever his sentence. It is only right.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The amount of public emotion surrounding this and the other cases is not for the feint hearted. You have to thick skin, hard attitude and perform under pressure. The media is going to be all over it and any mistakes will not go down well. Someone has to do it, I take my hat of to him.



posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
The amount of public emotion surrounding this and the other cases is not for the feint hearted. You have to thick skin, hard attitude and perform under pressure. The media is going to be all over it and any mistakes will not go down well. Someone has to do it, I take my hat of to him.


It's a HER, but you can still take your hat off.



posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
In high profile cases, courts have to be careful the defendant is appointed "competent counsel", so there is no backlash later. They likely chose a well known attorney who is reportedly competent -- to deter possible problems and accusations down the road.
edit on 1/11/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd
 




It's a HER, but you can still take your hat off.


I am sorry, did not know and I still do take my hat of to her.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join