It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Found a signal coming from Ganymede?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did NASA and SETI astronomers actually detect an alien signal from one of Jupiter’s largest moons, Ganymede, during the 1980’s? According to some researchers the answer is yes.

NASA and SETI Astronomers detect an artificial alien radio signal originating from Ganymede, one of Jupiter’s largest moons. When did this happen? Believe it or not but this scenario is supposed to have taken place during the 1980’s

Read more: scienceray.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Assuming this is all true, this is amazing!!!!!!

We've connected with an alien civilization, and they responded to our message, telling us they weren't talking to us!
What a good find! s&f

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Interesting story and all, but is it a joke kinda how i took it. When their response was "were not talking to you"....

either way if true then really interesting, if was a joke, i read it all the way through, and you got me.....LoL

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If you look at the other "articles" the author has written, you will see that he also fully expects disclosure to happen from Obama in October 2010.

Also, no sources, names, references or links in this article.

Just heresy from some dude who read a book

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
LATFRODG

We are not talking to you.... Muhahahahahaa....!!

Thanks man tha was funny.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Morse Code???? Seriously?

Who would think that Morse Code was the simplist? Or even vaguely sensible???

Translating english into a code like encryption, seemed like a good idea.

Actually, this is the ongoing problem with all of these stories. The assumption that English encoded into an encryption, or into a series of dots, numbers, whatever, is somehow NOT ENGLISH.

Context is everything. Exactly how encrypting English (or any language) into a code, and then sending it without any understanding of context would do ANYTHING boggles my mind.

I can beam Russian mixed with Cantonese in binary, but if you don't have context you could easily spend your entire life hearning it and never understanding it.

Morse code. Binary. Hex. Pig Latin. Doesn't freakin' matter.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Already talked about....
Linkey

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wether its true or false we kill never be certain not in our lifetime anyway

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"We were not talking to you"

Wow, that would be a mixed message for sure.
Kind of like being snubbed...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They're not talking to us because they heard that if you have oil we send troops to kill your women and children.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Morse Code???? Seriously?

Who would think that Morse Code was the simplist? Or even vaguely sensible???

Translating english into a code like encryption, seemed like a good idea.

Actually, this is the ongoing problem with all of these stories. The assumption that English encoded into an encryption, or into a series of dots, numbers, whatever, is somehow NOT ENGLISH.

Context is everything. Exactly how encrypting English (or any language) into a code, and then sending it without any understanding of context would do ANYTHING boggles my mind.

I can beam Russian mixed with Cantonese in binary, but if you don't have context you could easily spend your entire life hearning it and never understanding it.

Morse code. Binary. Hex. Pig Latin. Doesn't freakin' matter.

binary is just 1s and 0s as far as i know? odds are, that other civilizations who have advanced "computer"-like systems, would you a similar coding? maybe with 0s, 1s, 2s, 3s.... ?
therefore, wether they would use numbers or some kind of letters for 1s and 0s, they would still recognize the system. even if this kind of system would had been several thousands of years behind them in technology, they should be able to see it.

as for the message "we are not talking to you", could it have something to do with the theories of US shooting down UFOs? maybe they dont want to risk it too much, which is why we are seeing more of the small white orbs (drones?), instead of actual "ships"?

just wondering, of course. i do not claim in any way to have proof or even believe that this is the truth.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Migah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Godwilling they will have a change of heart sooner than later. Also considering that much hasn't changed since this signal was received ,politically, socially , and enviromentaly. Im sure it will be a much longer waiting game im afraid. Who knows maybe they will help us rid ourselves of the cancer that is "ego" and invite us into a collective of other life forms with the same aspirations as we do. Until then I will continue to keep my eyes focused on the night sky.

top topics

join