It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Other Mysterious Archeology Items?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Does anyone know of any other mysterious archeology items that do not seem to fit into our current understanding of history? The only other thing I can think of besides the ones in the piece below is that Gobekle Tepe complex found in Turkey in 1994. I would appreciate any others.....

socyberty.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Cant help here sorry but S+F for the article,very interesting!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Forbidden Archaeology has tons of information on subjects like this. The problem is actually verifying that they exist. Too many times the evidence is an old newspaper article or someone's speculation.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
here is a list of some stuff that you might want to look at I just Google searched it.

ancientx.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

Try looking for OOParts (Out of Place Artifacts). These are finds that "don't fit" within the scope of "normal history". For example, if you found a '75 VW Beetle under the Sphinx - that would be an OOPart.

Some are frauds, some of mis-interpretations and some really make folks go.. "hmmmmmm"...

OOParts

More OOParts
edit on 10-1-2011 by Frogs because: I left out a word

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i hope i am not breaking any rules with this link (this is my first post!)

Earths forbidden secrets

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here’s a likely explanation on the Baigong pipes
skeptoid.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Another Ooparts (out of place artifacts) Link here

Sorry for the purple, no idea why it comes out purple and therefore barely visible!
edit on 10-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoatboy

Thanks for this link. I'm spending more time reading this than I am watching the game, lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Carefull with that oopart research while some of it is interesting a lot of it is dated information that has since been explained.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The Antikythera mechanism and the Goddard coin but those are just out of place. Just be careful about the waaaaay out of place ones.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The Baghdad battery is an interesting 'oopart' with a fair bit of information to back it up (i think the current academic theory is that it was used to electroplate objects)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The World Mysteries site has a lot of good links and posts on this topic.

Among them is this one posted recently:

Ancient Ruins of Tiwanacu and PumaPunku

Tiwanaku (Spanish: Tiahuanaco and Tiahuanacu) is an important Pre-Columbian archaeological site in western Bolivia, South America.

Yes, I know there are threads on these two, but this is a relatively recent posting.

more excerpts:

"The ruins of Tiahuanuco have been regarded by all students of American antiquities as in many respects the most interesting and important, and at the same time most enigmatical, of any on the continent. They have excited the admiration and wonder alike of the earliest and latest travelers, most of whom, vanquished in their attempts to penetrate the mystery of their origin, have been content to assign them an antiquity beyond that of the other monuments of America, and to regard them as the solitary remains of a civilization that disappeared before that of the Incas began, and contemporaneous with that of Egypt and the East.

If proven, this could be very interesting to the ancient civilization crowd.

Unique, yet perfect in type and harmonious in style, they appear to be the work of a people who were thorough masters of an architecture which had no infancy, passed through no period of growth, and of which we find no other examples. Tradition, which mumbles more or less intelligibly of the origin of many other American monuments, is dumb concerning these. The wondering Indians told the first Spaniards that “they existed before the sun shone in the heavens,” that they were raised by giants, or that they were the remains of an impious people whom an angry Deity had converted into stone because they had refused hospitality to his viceregent and messenger. “

These ruins were already ancient when the first Europeans arrived in the area.

A selection of images from the post:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e10551fd7fa6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2dac68daee3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aca590edfa87.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/954dce83808c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10c59bc73bad.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sure that people who had no written language and who's tools were be made with sticks and rocks managed to conceive, design, and build all of these structures by hand.

Our current ideas of the Tiwanaku culture hold that they had no writing system and also that the invention of the wheel was most likely unknown to them. The architectural achievements seen at Pumapunku are striking in light of the presumed level of technological capability available during its construction. Due to the monumental proportions of the stones, the method by which they were transported to Pumapunku has been a topic of interest since the temple’s discovery.

Puma Punku, truly startles the imagination. It seems to be the remains of a great wharf (for Lake Titicaca long ago lapped upon the shores of Tiahuanaco) and a massive, four-part, now collapsed building. One of the construction blocks from which the pier was fashioned weighs an estimated 440 tons (equal to nearly 600 full-size cars) and several other blocks laying about are between 100 and 150 tons. The quarry for these giant blocks was on the shore of Titicaca, some ten miles away.

Some findings:

1. It is evident beyond a doubt that the inhabitants of Tihuanacu knew animals now extinct, which they reproduced faithfully by stylizing them on their ceramics and other plastic works. This fauna possibly disappeared at the end of the last period of glaciation on the Altiplano, as is shown by the alluvial strata.

5. The fauna and flora changed radically from the epoch of splendor to our time. This can be proven by the remains of marine fauna found at the present time in Lake Titicaca and in the clays of the subsoil of Tihuanacu. (103)

7. The erosion of the blocks of the First Period which are exclusively of red sandstone and of their very primitive sculptures on a calcareous volcanic tufa, show an abrasion extending over thousands of years. This is the case although perhaps also for thousands of years they lay covered by alluvial mud which later, little by little, was washed away by the torrential rains which have for the most part revealed them. Even the blocks of extremely hard andesitic lava of the Second Period, especially those of the east facade of Kalasasaya (Fig. 13), show a considerable wearing away from erosion, particularly the two monolithic blocks at the sides of the perron (Fig. 23), even though they were covered with earth until the year 1903.

9. A southern inclination of the continent of such a sort could occur only as the result of geotectonic factors, caused in turn by the cessation of the effects of a great pressure (ice) on that part made up today of the Altiplano.

10. By analogy it is possible to determine that the last glacial period took place in the Southern Hemisphere at the same time as in the Northern, since there is no atmospheric nor cosmic factor that we have been able to discover, that could have prevented it.

12. One of the proofs with which we can also reinforce our assertion concerning the enormous age of Tihuanacu, is that in the folklore of the Altiplano nothing is related of traditions which allude even remotely to the origin and object of that magnificent metropolis. It is unquestionable that a huge culture like that of Tihuanacu would have left an imperishable recollection in the minds of the men who inhabited this part of the Andes, if it had been evolved in a relatively recent period.

14. SUMMARY: If one wished to collect all of the ideas about the great age of the civilization of Tihuanacu with the attendant bases and proofs, one could fill a whole book. But we feel certain that in the preceding paragraphs we have outlined in a clear and synthetic form, the nature of such proofs, which are: astronomical, anthropological, paleontological, geological, petrographic and sociological.

The article is very well researched and documented. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Please check the pinned message at the top of the forum. You will see that we have over a dozen threads (more, actually, if you count the closed ones) on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join