It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Loughner Described by Classmate as “Left-Wing Pothead”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post this until I started seeing thread, after thread from leftwingers in the website trying to blame the shooting done by Jared Loughner as being caused by "rightwingers" when the truth is quite the contrary.

A classmate of the man accused of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords this morning describes him asleft wingand a pot head” in a series of posts on Twitter this afternoon.

Caitie Parker did not immediately respond to our request for an interview, but her “tweets” in the hours after the shooting paint a picture of Jared Loughner as a substance-abusing loner who had met Giffords before the shooting. She says, Loughner described the congresswoman as “stupid and unintelligent.”

Weve confirmed that Parker and Loughner went to school together at Mountain View High School in Tucson and that both attended Pima Community College, so her claims of knowing Loughner seem to be legit.

www.infowars.com...

So everyone, next time please find the time to gather some information before accepting the vitriolic which seems rampant against "rightwingers"....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You might also want to hold back judgement until we have more information. I do agree with your statement about people being way too quick to blame Palin, however. The classmates knew him in 2007; much can change in 4 years. In fact from reading his youtube stuff and his posts here on ATS, it's clear this guy was completely mixed up, revering aspects of both sides of the political spectrum, but mostly just mentally ill.
edit on 10-1-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: fixed spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

If I read even one report of the cannabis causing him to be the person he was, or "Blood toxicology found traces of THC in his system" or some act of pointing the finger at the herb I just might die.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

None of this is about politics.

Did anyone talk about Cho's political views after the Virginia Tech shooting? No, just about how he was deeply disturbed and mentally ill, which should be the same discussion in this instance.

If this tragedy was politically motivated the shooter's youtube videos would probably say as much, instead of nonsense rants about creating new currency and "mind control through grammar structure."

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12

None of this is about politics.

It isn't?... Haven't you read the posts blaming not only Sarah Palin but "rightwingers" in general over this?...

Look at which post is at the top of the "most popular topics" list, which is in this same forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then read what for example the member who started that thread posts.

Originally posted by The Revenant

ATS - LEARN FROM THIS!

It's all well and good to be passionate about our debates, and to really care about the subjects we discuss. But the right-wing hatemongering MUST STOP.

If you hate Muslims, fine keep it to yourself. If you hate lefties or liberals, fine keep it to yourself. If you hate ANYONE, keep it to your damn self.

We dont want anyone else being gunned down simply because your ignorant, uneducated right wing trash-talking infected their unstable minds with more hate than one person can handle!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why hasn't this been stopped since it is vitriolic political baiting?

The member didn't even receive a warning for making such unsubstantiated, and malignant claims.

BTW, in case you didn't know Gabrielle was also Democrat, but a conservative. Maybe the nutter, sorry but that is what he really is, did it because Gabrielle was a conservative Democrat. He also called her ignorant, and unintelligent.

edit on 10-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Which is why Loughner was a registered republican... the damn liberal. Gotta love how the right wing is #ting bricks over this and doing whatever they can to distance themselves from one of their drones going nuts.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatesLiars
Which is why Loughner was a registered republican... the damn liberal. Gotta love how the right wing is #ting bricks over this and doing whatever they can to distance themselves from one of their drones going nuts.

Really? according to whom? websites that have taken that claim off their site?...

Such as democratic underground...

www.democraticunderground.com...

This is part of what they had written before they took it off...

Loughner is a registered Republican. Here's proof... - Democratic ...
6 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 1 hour ago
Loughner is a registered Republican. Here's proof... ... he was registered as an indy. please delete. Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | ...

www.democraticunderground.com...

According to leftwing blogs none which gives any real proof to that claim?...

edit on 10-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by HatesLiars

So today I've read he was a registered independent (the only claim with a source), a registered democrat and just now a registered republican.

So which is it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Maybe it's all bull#, anyone ever think of that? I've seen a couple of sites claiming he's both a republican, a democrat, a nazi, and a #ing zombie. A lot of them misspelled "Tucson" as well. My point is I don't buy your one tracked mind bull# as there's just as much propaganda saying he's on the other side.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
People need to learn that there are crazy people encompassing ALL political spectrums and ALL walks of life...

This has nothing to do with "rightwing politics"...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HatesLiars

So now it is all BS?...

Riiight...

In case you didn't know there are crazy people in all walks of life and who belong to any part of the political spectrum, the only thing in common they have is that they are crazy...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
He only inhaled a bit, he didn't actually smoke the stuff.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
He only inhaled a bit, he didn't actually smoke the stuff.

Good one.

Ahem, second line.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

People change.

Particularly younger people. I was very right wing in high school and am now much more left wing.

I think you may want to examine simply logic before you try to prove a point based on someone elses perceptions of another person.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
People change.

Particularly younger people. I was very right wing in high school and am now much more left wing.

I think you may want to examine simply logic before you try to prove a point based on someone elses perceptions of another person.

Simple logic? ok, lets do that. Gabrielle was pro guns, the lunatic who shot her bought his weapon TWO MONTHS before the shooting, if he was pro gun he would have bought it before this, but he didn't. So it seems most probable he just bought the gun for this hineous act, and imo this lunatic could have been thinking that he was doing a service by shooting a Democrat who was in favor of American's right to own and bear arms with a gun.

A friend of his who had been with him through High School and College said he was leftwing.

He was also approaching and talking to Gabrielle before he shot her, so what is more probable that he had more left leaning ideas of right leaning? The answer should be obvious.

He hasn't even tried to talk to the police last I heard, and for this to me it seems that he wants to keep his reason for doing this a secret, which could include forcing the hand of the government to implement more strict gun laws, or to outright ban them, and that's if he wasn't a spook which according to his profile is not likely.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join