It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge sentences DeLay to 3 years in prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Delay says:

"Just because somebody disagrees with you they got to put you in jail, bankrupt you, destroy your family," he said.

Funny considering Delay is a statist.

The entire purpose of government is to destroy people that disagree with it.

That is its sole function.

Sell drugs to voluntary consumers? - get a gun to your head.

Refuse to pay your protection money? - get a gun to your head.

Decide not to follow the State mandated home schooling curriculum for your kids? - get a gun to your head.

Put up an addition to your home without State permission? - get a gun to your head.

Refuse to pay into the government's retirement ponzi? - get a gun to your head.

Sell gold certificates as a currency? - get a gun to your head.

etc.. etc.. etc..

edit on 10-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I believe that statement by Delay speaks to the complete disconnect between the empowered and the powerless.

From Wiki

In December 2005, the Washington Post reported that, in 1998, a group of Russian oil executives had given money to a nonprofit advocacy group run by a former DeLay staffer and funded by clients of lobbyist Jack Abramoff, in an attempt to influence DeLay's vote on an International Monetary Fund bailout of the Russian economy.[31] Associates of DeLay advisor Ed Buckham, the founder of the U.S. Family Network, said that executives from the oil firm Naftasib had offered a donation of $1,000,000 to be delivered to a Washington, D.C.-area airport in order to secure DeLay's support. On June 25, 1998, the U.S. Family Network received a $1 million check via money transferred through the London law firm James & Sarch Co. This payment was the largest single entry on U.S. Family Network's donor list. The original source of the donation was not recorded.[32] DeLay denied that the payment had influenced his vote. Naftasib denied that it had made the payment and that it had ever been represented by James & Sarch Co. The now-dissolved law firm's former partners declined to comment due to "confidentiality requirements".

I mean, c'mon. How could he have known that would have been illegal?
Poor guy.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Big clap, for Green Bay!!!! (Needed it after being humbled by the Badger game! ) So happy for Rodgers being named one of the top three QBs in the NFL. Huh, hmm...guess who is NOT one of the three? hee hee.

Oh yeah, is that Sailor 'Jerry'? and not the Captain?

(Okay, I should leave a comment about the OP, so not to be too OT)

Yeah, well I think Delay should have asked for a 'delayed' sentence! Ba da Boom!
edit on 11-1-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Oaktree

Tom DeLay will serve about 6mo in a Federal facility where they have volley ball courts, a swimming pool and cable TV. Prison....more like a spa.

Rumor has it he is in development on a new entertainment show for FOX.

"Dancing Behind the Bars"

Hey Tom, I'm told while in the slammer there is a universal signal for making new friends, just drop your soap in the shower.

edit on 14-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join