It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be prepared for close encounters with aliens, says Scots scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

We should be prepared for contact with aliens, a Scottish-based scientist has argued. In order to cope with any interaction with extraterrestrial life forms, the researcher has argued that the United Nations (UN) must set up a branch to deal with any alien encounters. The comments are part of an extraterrestrial-themed edition of the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A.

In it, scientists examine all aspects of the search for extraterrestrial life, from astronomy and biology to the political and religious fall-out that would result from alien contact. Dr Martin Dominik of St Andrews University is joined by Professor John Zarnecki of the Open University in arguing for world nations putting “supra-Earth affairs” on the agenda.

news.stv.tv...

Everybody and his dog seem be telling us to be prepared for an encounter with aliens. Do the authorities know something we don't? Most definitely they know more than us but the question is what?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Beast1333, educate this man on Project Blue Beam

Props to ATS radio on playing him!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Finally. It's about damn time that scientists begin to realize that extraterrestrial visitation is obvious and has been happening for thousands of years, although most of them only think it's feasible and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Beast1333, educate this man on Project Blue Beam

Props to ATS radio on playing him!

Well I'll be buggered like a $3 hoho!

Can this be real? I'll have to read up on it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nice find. It really does seem like all of a sudden everyone is telling us that we should prepare or have something in place, "just in case" aliens appear. Simply put, I don't know about this coincidence.

Also, the rap video you linked is good and has valid lyrics but I always stop and think when I hear "Project Blue Beam."
It's not difficult to to believe that someone has thought about this but to actually make it happen is a different story. People who really think Project Blue Beam is possible need to stop and rethink it for more than 10 minutes. And ask yourself a few questions while answering them with LOGICAL answers.
-HOW would you fake an alien invasion?
-HOW would you trick ALL the people?
-Will the whole planet really believe in aliens without seeing any?
-Will cultures really believe they are seeing the "2nd coming" of their gods because of a hologram in the sky?
-What happens after the planet sees these "holograms" in the sky?
-When all is said and done, won't YOU question what you have just witnessed and demand answers?

I could go on all day but the point is, if you just sit and think about the Blue Beam theory for more than a few minutes you will realize how flawed and how much of a logistical nightmare it is.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Alchemy maybe? Where Science & Magic(k) meet. Technology meets the spirits. Yeah, I agree that holograms alone couldn't do it. Be a part of it--yeah. If BB were to happen to be true, it seems to me that it would take something supernaturally organized to make it work.

That Rap Was Dope

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
In terms of being prepared, I couldnt agree more. But do not be so prepared that you explode when it doesnt come off like people are thinking it will.
For a start, there is little point in this man suggesting we get ready for something which we cannot by its very nature be prepared for. For the great many of us , it will be an expirience which we could not equate with any other expirience we have ever had.
The human race is used to this predicament however, since it has evolved through countless moments of dealing with the unknown, and that sculpture , done on the clay of our species by time has culminated in our existance in our current form.
As used as we may be to the unknown , we cannot prepare for it. We can only prepare our minds. I do not honestly think this gentleman expects anyone who hears his warning to go and imediately set about constructing tin foil hats and aquiring night vision goggles and tranquliser darts with flu virus in them (Obscure War of the Worlds reference there. Enjoy!).

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Yeah it's all smoke and mirrors; no substance....

There was a thread here on ATS that linked to a report from Maryland on 3-d holographic (?) development. It was a sort of "state of the situation" sort of thing... and it outlines how they have the technology to display 3-d holograms in enemy territory to "effect the enemy" to make them think there are more units than there are, etc.

Wish I could find that doc.. but rest assured, the technology is here.

"It won't be long until they show us their lasers work." - Beast1333

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't think there would be a mass scare of the population if aliens were to land. At first they would be treated well, then they would become targets of criminals and/or hate crimes.
Imagine the world before and after the discovery of viruses, bacteria, and germs - and how the population must have felt knowing the whole time that there were little invisible "bugs" all over them, in their food, teeth, skin, clothes - and many had the potential to sicken and kill.
There would be hate groups that formed, a version of the KKK perhaps...then there would be the apologist group that would cater to them.
I see it happening much like in the 80's in rural GA when the influx of hispanic workers began. They were shunned for the most part, no one could communicate with them - they dressed odd, had odd customs...then it became known that they could potentially be a viable source of income for local businesses to cater especially to them. Some were victims of hate crimes, some married into the local population, some said "screw this" and went back wherever they came from. Some of THEM became lawbreakers, murderers, child abusers...etc.
It may be somewhat harder to integrate them into our lives, or co-exist (if that's what they're about & they're friendly) if they're considered "strange looking" by our standards.
I suppose that the unknown variable in the equation would be their intentions.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There is too much evidence these days by ex military and government offcials, who say what the governmen is doing by keeping it all a secret is going to destroy us in the long term. ufo sightings date back to thousands of years ago even by egyptain carvings. The Professor who runs the pyramid of Giza has even said there is stuff inside these pyramids (which is closed off to public) contains technology not from this planet. Also these goverment officials have said that within the next year to be prepared for more encounters to "desensitize" us to the theory of aliens and for us to understand that we are not alone and to help us move past the "fear" which the government has emplaced on the world so they can controll it. In 2010 alone the number of sightings has increased dramatically, watch the sky's in 2011 people!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Finally. It's about damn time that scientists begin to realize that extraterrestrial visitation is obvious and has been happening for thousands of years, although most of them only think it's feasible and nothing more.

Sorry to disappoint you, but any "scientist" that agrees with your personal religious-like belief is not a scientist at all. On another note, scientist are people too, duh, so yeah many of them are really into the whole UFO/Alien thing on the side but not in an official capacity. But they don't know ANYTHING more than you or I do.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
At the end of the day, so to speak, this is encouraging developments that these kind of academics seem obliged to come out with the nature of these statements.The reason that most scientists from various fields of their expertise are sort of none the wiser on this enigma is because it has been shunned for so long but if these scientific academics can get into the real investigation's ect then surely by their credentials they are going to offer some very valuable input and that's when it will get really interesting,We all have different opinions on what is the real origins of the more hard to explain cases but i feel like i said these kind of academics can and could offer more insights than those of a lesser scientific back ground.It never fails to amaze me when some debunkers will rely heavily on the conclusions or opinions of scientific sources to debunk cases but will then say they only know what we know when a scientific interest starts to manifest, cannot have it both ways i feel.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why should we prepare everyone? Like there's going to be mass panic or something?

I have seen them, my elderly parents and deceased gradmother saw them, my partner saw them, and my colleague in work knows that half her neighbourhood saw them.

Listen, they are here already. And I bet most people can name at least one person in their sphere of contacts who has seen something. With such widespread exposure already, why do we need to prepare? Most people are already prepared. Bottom line.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Maybe they are here already, but the problem is the general populous doesnt know that, thats the point we are trying to bring across, until the veil has lifted the world will remain in the dark. The world needs something extrordinary to happen, like a massive fleet of ships landing or something, so that the government cant cover it up anymore and the truth would be revield..

top topics

join