It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Strangeness Under Andes Mountain Lakes In Peru...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Perhaps you will post those images for us as i would have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that.

As far as artefacts of the jpeg type, why do they all have faces attached to them? This really is a serious question since it is frequently used to discount information on a massive scale.

That which you disdain as artefact is imo the most important fact of all. The reason we are all searching.
edit on 083131p://pm3112 by debris765nju because: to add photo

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Perhaps you will post those images for us as i would have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that.

No, but you can see for yourself if you use Google Earth and turn on the 'history' button. It will show you previous years' satellite views of the site. I've used it to research a number of sites (changes in barrier islands along the coast as part of a project on seabirds, for instance) and have seen such pixellation before. That's why I suggested looking at the data from other years.

As far as artefacts of the jpeg type, why do they all have faces attached to them? This really is a serious question since it is frequently used to discount information on a massive scale.

Humans tend to look for meaning even in random noise. We can find faces in clouds, tree shadows, patters of water on the windows, toast (remember that piece of toast with the "image of Jesus" that sold for some ridiculous amount of money a number of years back), and many other things.

But, again -- look at other images of the area by other satellites. If (and when) something is there, it stays there on any number of views of the site.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The pictures may be compression artefacts (I think they are, personally) but the subject and the lake Titicaca thing are real interesting... I love these sunken cities, so eerie and mysterious. Almost makes me want to take up diving.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
there are 3 reasons why i can happily claim that these images are the result of pixelation..

1) the 'underwater structures' bleed into the land
2) it makes no sense at all that only the areas of land that is currently underwater had these structures
3) as Byrd pointed out if you go back in time on google earth the artefacts are either not there or in significantly different positions

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join