It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Strangeness Under Andes Mountain Lakes In Peru...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
!!WARNING!!.....
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT DEAD OR DYING BIRDS
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT JARED LAUGHNER OR GABRIELLE GIFFORD
Sorry to disappoint you if that's what you are looking for, but I felt that ATS has more than their fair share of those thread topics. Now, to the thread topic at hand:

I don't really know what to think about this weirdness.
On the one hand, the pictures are clearly....um, well, one fact I think that we can agree upon is the fact that they are pretty dang clear.

Now, up for debate is that they are clearly clear about what?
First things first, let's take a gander at the pics, shall we? (and I have no idea why my pictures are ginormous sasquatch sized pictures that take up 2 acres of your monitor)

and this is a close up of the above photo:

Additional pics of random lakes in the Andes:

There is a close-up of this lake in the picture following it:

Close-up of previous lake:

The theories and most noteworthy comments I have come accross are:

some sort of mirrored reflection of the imaging electronics used in the satellites imaging array, but if that was the case you would think the patterns would be the same in all the photos.

I was looking at UWA-7 and started to pan north just a bit when i noticed the same circuitry looking pattern on what appears to be the side of the mountain (above water) just north of UWA-7 at 8°50'55.48"S by 77°40'21.58"W.
Now after seeing the same patterning on the side of an apparent mountain that looks about the same as the underwater ones i call into question the validity of UAW's. It seems that the may be some oddity in the actual photography instead of an actual UAW.

These photos are very obviously faked, and very obviously contain overlays of microprocessors.

the pictures are what appear to be microprocessor circuit overlay patterns, you can see the sub units and circuit lines.

Occasionally digital photos when pointed at brilliantly reflective surfaces at 'a perfect angle' will produce an effect of a reflection on the inside of the camera lens. This is an argument often associated with pictures people don't 'approve' of.

It may be anomaly related to how Google Earth has pieced the millions of photos together to create a '3d' globe effect.

In fact, if [the ruins] have been truly preserved from currents (air and water) in a relatively stagnant state they will likely be in a much better condition than other underwater ruins found in seas and off the coasts of islands. I am supposing these are ruins, that were once above water. If they are in fact structures which were meant to be under water, i am mystified.

Underwater base research

There are more open interpretations now available on the web that suggest that Atlantis was more of a concept, or represented a time frame or era. if the latter theory is correct, than you may well have found part of it. it is highly likely that, soon with the continual defrosting of the planet, these structures may appear around the globe in surprising places.

Reference Links:
Underwater Anomalies in Peru
Reader comments discussing real vs. hoax

Additional Google Earth references:
Lat. 34°25'54.02"N, Long. 106°55'47.12"W
Lat 31°25'45.80"N, Long 24°23'35.56"W
Lat 8°50'55.48"S, Long 77°40'21.58"W.
Google Earth cache of anomalous places

Now, if you've read the entire OP & the info provided, what are your personal thoughts?
If you have not read the entire OP &/or the additional info provided, please do so before joining the discussion so your comments can be an informed contribution.

Edited to state that this topic was searched on ATS forums by: Peru underwater, underwater anomalies, underwater Andes......and no similar thread topics were found.
edit on 10-1-2011 by stupid girl because: add previous thread search

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Water is an amazing thing.

Look closer.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They're artefacts from jpeg compression, nothing supernatural or strange about them unfortunately

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If conspiracy boards and ATS has tought me anything it is that any thing that comes from google earth turns out to be a huge dissapointment.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It looks to me as if the part of the image with the water has been pixelated in some ununiform matter. Not sure what would cause this - I would think if its pixels then the entire image would be the same. The last image looks like a structure but that could be coinsidence. That's about all I can come up with from observation.

Thanks goodness this is a new subject - will check back to see what others have to say.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I remember seeing these before. It is my belief they are ruins or cities constructed before the lakes filled with water. It is nice to have another look at them. It seems there was a web page once that showed them from the lake's edge, but I did not bookmark it and cannot find it now.

[color=#33FFFF]Aramu Maru is another place of high strangeness in Peru. Clicky, clicky.
edit on 1-10-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Plain old run of the mill ordinary JPEG artifacts.
Sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This picture seems the most obvious to be some sort of Google earth issue:

You can actually see that the lines appear to be bleeding over from the water image to the rock image.

However, there are a few images that don't seem quite as obvious, such as this one. Look at the clouds above the water:

The most likely explanation seems to be some sort of Google satellite imaging issue when it comes to water surface.
However, wouldn't all water surfaces on Google earth look like that? Do they? I haven't really looked......

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
Plain old run of the mill ordinary JPEG artifacts.
Sorry.

If that was the case, you would see them in every online picture of every body of water. But you do not.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

No other Google Earth pictures of water do not show that. That makes it all the more odd.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

They are artifacts, and not the ancient kind. Really. Just because every picture in the world doesn't show these same compression artifacts doesn't make these anything more than that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Same strange digital effect you get with those reptilian shape shift vids.....just a digital pixel, resolution mix-up. Nothing special there....Why not with other bodies of water? Probaby happens only with certain colors, distance, resolution. Do not get too much excited about this one. Wish it was true tho....
edit on 10-1-2011 by zatara because: Too much typoos....

edit on 10-1-2011 by zatara because: Too many typoos

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah, Yeah, hehehee. Lake Titicaca.

The ruins of an ancient temple have been found by international archaeologists under Lake Titicaca, the world's highest lake.
A terrace for crops, a long road and an 800-metre (2,600 feet) long wall was also found under the waters of the lake, sited in the Andes mountains between Bolivia and Peru.
Dating back 1,000 to 1,500 years ago, the ruins are pre-Incan.
They have been attributed to the indigenous Tiwanaku or Tiahuanaco people, said Lorenzo Epis, the Italian scientist leading the Atahuallpa 2000 scientific expedition.
The holy temple measures 200m by 50m (660ft by 160ft) almost twice the size of an average football pitch.
More than 200 dives were made into the lake, to depths of as much as 30m (100ft), to record the ruins on film.

Source
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavis
Yeah, Yeah, hehehee. Lake Titicaca.

The ruins of an ancient temple have been found by international archaeologists under Lake Titicaca, the world's highest lake.
A terrace for crops, a long road and an 800-metre (2,600 feet) long wall was also found under the waters of the lake, sited in the Andes mountains between Bolivia and Peru.
Dating back 1,000 to 1,500 years ago, the ruins are pre-Incan.
They have been attributed to the indigenous Tiwanaku or Tiahuanaco people, said Lorenzo Epis, the Italian scientist leading the Atahuallpa 2000 scientific expedition.
The holy temple measures 200m by 50m (660ft by 160ft) almost twice the size of an average football pitch.
More than 200 dives were made into the lake, to depths of as much as 30m (100ft), to record the ruins on film.

Source
news.bbc.co.uk...

You said "Titi" heh, heh
and "caca" heh, heh, heh
I love Beavis & Butthead....

Edited to add:
This is a pretty solid evidential reference. Maybe that's why some of the pic just look digitally pixellated and some of the pics appear a bit more legit?
edit on 10-1-2011 by stupid girl because: to make additional comment besides my Beavis & Butthead joke

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Its true!!! We are living in the matrix and this is the circuit board underlay of the whole system!!! You should mail these pics to David Ike pronto!

All kidding aside, I thought it looked like plowed rows for planting crops. Then when I scrolled down and saw the other pics that theory quickly faded away
It may be the other side of the satellite lens that took the pics through reflection for some reason?!?!. In others words, I have no clue. Star for you though for your google earthing

edit on 10-1-2011 by KingKeever1611 because: public education spelling...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It definatly makes me wonder how long ago these were built. Look at area 51, it is centered around a dry lake bed. 1000's of years from now it would look like this.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavis

I agree.
That is a very interesting comparison & observation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
JPEG artifacts.

Yes, I've seen them, too but recognized them as image artifacts from my work with camera images.

Look at PREVIOUS years images of the same place, and you'll see that the lines change or are not there. If they were real structures, we'd see them unchanged throughout time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here is a video
creatorsdream.com...
and a discussion of the findings:
creatorsdream.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join