It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with population control?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey all, I'm new and this is my first thread here.

So a big deal about the NWO is that they will attempt to decrease population over the next few decades.

Is this necessarily a bad thing? (given that they use non-violent methods)

Now you may say that they will try to make us all stupid, unhealthy, weak, poisoned, etc.

But what can TPTB gain from making the majority of the human race weak sheep?

Thank you and please bear with my ignorance.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Everything.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

You mean, what's wrong with killing people off? Or do I miss your point? Forgive me if I do, but if this is indeed the question, I think the answer is obvious.

But, maybe I have misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

"Is this necessarily a bad thing? (given that they use non-violent methods)

How could they achieve their goals without the use of violence? You cannot simply make 6 billion people disappear.
edit on 10-1-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know how they will achieve this goal but mass slaughter (i.e holocaust) and nuclear war sounds extremely counter-productive. However this is what people are claiming they will do.

There must be other methods to decrease population gradually, 25% over 100 years for instance. And by this I do not mean killing. I mean preventing some future births.
edit on 10-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing wrong with population control, if it does not involve killing, quite the contrary, it is a right thing to do. The thing is, these depopulation conspiracies usualy do involve violence. Not that I believe in any of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Do you mean besides the obvious point of who decides which people need to go/die and the moral implications of said decisions? I'm surprised at the question to be honest.... would you care if you're on the list to be part of the controlled population?

To answer your question about what TPTB gain... it's simple....

As a child, they make you stupid and unable to see through the "fog" that they push into you through TV and fill you with propaganda and false ideas to make sure you follow "the system" of getting a job that will allow you pay taxes and make them and their friends rich in the process. Once you've put in enough work time for TPTB to recoup their "investment" in your "education" through the work you've done, and they reach "profit" status, that would be when you're roughly old enough to drop dead and for them not to care one way or the other. Oh wait, I forgot that while you are dropping dead, they will milk you for every penny you think you earned in your "good" years while sending you through a medical establishment that they control, only to tell you to politely "die" when you can't pay for said health care anymore.

Does that about sum it up or shall I go on?

I always say there are no such things as dumb questions, but please do yourself a favor and educate yourself on ATS and other subjects before posting something like this.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes it's a bad thing! Are there people who should not have kids because they are unfit or can't afford them? Absolutely. Do we need the government picking and choosing who does and does not get to procreate? Hell no!

You are going down a slippery slope here. We may have too many people on this planet, but I'll take that anyday over the government taking ownership over any part of my body! That is where this idea would take us all.

And what would they gain?

Mindless slaves
The most massive civilian regime of soldiers the world has ever known
Mindless slaves
The ability to control all aspects of everyday life
Mindless slaves... you get the picture.

Give the government an inch, and they'll da@n sure take everything else that follows.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
There is absolutely nothing wrong with population control, if it does not involve killing, quite the contrary, it is a right thing to do. The thing is, these depopulation conspiracies usualy do involve violence. Not that I believe in any of them.

Are you being sarcastic? If not, that's how I view it. I'm very well aware of the extreme opinions on this. I try to stay neutral.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It has been proven that this "overpopulation problem" only exists because of

1. The inability to properly distribute recourses.

2. The inability to evolve our primitive forms of energy.

These are the two main reasons why we are all not living like kings, which everyone on this planet has a right to.

The powers that be have hoarded the recourses, and exploited our Earth - Using guilt (as always) to control us, and using guilt to condition us into believing that Planet Earth is not capable of harboring 8 billion people.

Many years of my life, I have spent under the belief that "War is necessary", that there are too many people, or that we are nothing more than a virus.

The truth is, we have been manipulated into all of this - to the point where there will be no turning back, and this "trimming of the fat" will be the only way for us to continue.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Great point, I think we're getting somewhere. Thank you for taking your time to respond. Likewise for everyone on this thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Hey all, I'm new and this is my first thread here.

So a big deal about the NWO is that they will attempt to decrease population over the next few decades.

Now you may say that they will try to make us all stupid, unhealthy, weak, poisoned, etc.

Thank you and please bear with my ignorance.

You don't mention what method you think they will use in your scenario.

That might help you, OP. People are going to think you are condoning murdering populations by the way your question is worded.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

No, now you're the one making it seem like I approve murdering people. I am horrified of war.

I said it clearly up there:

(given that they use non-violent methods)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I have a suggestion for anyone that believes that population control is necessary - don't be a hypocrite - volunteer yourself and your future progeny to be the first to be 'reduced'. It doesn't have to be violent to be evil and the ideas behind how people could quite happily voluntarily be reduced have been discussed for 90 years. This isn't new - but it was violent in the last century and hundreds of millions (no joke) were violently 'reduced' as a result. This is serious, its not an academic concept to debate with your friends - you either respect life and believe it should be protected or you don't.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This just isn't debatable, you are either for genocide or against it. You are either for condemning the souls of the 200 million in the past and those who will suffer in the future - or you aren't. This is the big duality, and very well the only one that really matters.
edit on 10-1-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Cool, please do give us some examples of how we can non-violently force people to not reproduce or be 'reduced' at present? Then try to explain how you, your family, your friends, and descendants won't be caught up in it. Then explain how negative population growth rates are a good thing for a society which requires continual growth in order to not collapse and how an economic collapse won't be violent.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No, now you're the one making it seem like I approve murdering people. I am horrified of war.

I said it clearly up there:

I wasn't trying to make it seem that way at all. Sorry about that!

I don't really believe that any method is appropriate, at least out of anything that comes to my mind at the moment.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Are you being sarcastic? If not, that's how I view it. I'm very well aware of the extreme opinions on this. I try to stay neutral.

No, I am not sarcastic.

Population control is not inherently right or wrong. It is a tool, and if used wise, can get humanity closer to living in harmony with the universe and its laws, and increase the quality of life of everyone on this planet.

reply to post by ThinkingCap

It has been proven that this "overpopulation problem" only exists because of 1. The inability to properly distribute recourses.

Indeed. One of the most important ways to ensure that the resources are distributed properly is through population control.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What would a non-violent method be? Are we talking putting human beings in chambers to go to sleep forever? Or are we talking forced sterilization? Is there another option?

Maybe if you stated the method we could understand better what opinion you are seeking.

I am for none of the above, but for topics sake more clarity would be good.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Contraception is what I'm talking about. I don't see how anyone will be harmed by preventing more babies to be born.

Look at Japan for example. Their population is declining because more and more people chose not to have children, yet they have they have the highest life expectancy on the planet. This is what I think would be ideal, but people make it seem like it's a bad thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join