It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

So you used to like the British until reality T.V. came out? Dude, reality T.V. is about as far from reality as you can get, it's T.V. FFS! Don't believe everything you see on the idiots lantern, in fact the following rule works for me;

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

I'm British and I speak English, I like people, nice people that is........if you are an asshole then you are an asshole, I don't care what nationality you are, assholes do not get the pleasure of my attention.
I like the U.S.A it's a great place in many respects and also an awful place in many respects. I remember visiting NYC for a short trip to stay with some friends in Brooklyn, I was warned by many people that I should avoid certain areas in Brooklyn as the people there can be unsavoury to say the least.
When I got there I was surprised to see the opposite, despite all the warnings. I'd been out in Manhattan had quite a few drinks with some Italian guys I had met during the day, it was about 3am I think and it was the first night of my trip, I decided to get a taxi from Manhattan back to Brooklyn because I was very drunk and had no idea how to get to my friends house, I couldn't even explain to the taxi driver where I needed to go, I could only describe the street! Anyway after about 45 dollars on the taxi meter I asked the guy to stop and let me out, I was lost in Brooklyn, it was nearly 4 am, and there were some guys hanging out near a street corner. They looked like your typical streetwise kinda guys, and there was about 12 of them. I decided to ask them for help regardless of the warnings I had received about doing so. I couldn't remember the name of the street I was staying on, I could only describe it. Anyhow one of them thought they knew where I was supposed to be heading, and pointed me in that direction and I walked off. After a while I was lost again but noticed that a few of these guys had followed me, I was nervous and started to run, I soon ran out of steam and they managed to catch me up, it turned out that they were worried about me as I seemed drunk and lost. I ended up staying the night as a guest at one of these guys house, his name was Kyle and he was an out of work rapper, we all hung out drank more beer, smoked some cool stuff and I passed out, in the morning he made breakfast for me, I met his mother too, I was made to feel so welcome in this strangers house. Later he called a friend and we drove for about an hour until I recognised the road I was staying on. I thanked him and offered him cash for his hospitality but he refused it, so instead we hung out for the rest of the week, he showed me the sights and we partied hard and I met some wonderful people, what surprised me was that the friend I was actually staying with, whom I'd known for a few years, stole money off me while I was there. We are no longer friends but Kyle and I still chat on facebook and I plan to go visit this summer. That's my cool story about what happened to me in the States, and just goes to show that you can't judge all the people that live somewhere just because of the places reputation.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm British (English to be precise) and i was in America for four months this summer and to be honest i noticed the opposite of what this thread is suggesting. I've never had so many drinks bought for me and so many random conversations with little old ladies owning shops, purely because i am English.

Just because Obama likes to highlight everything British as bad and comes out with the rubbish about "France being their new best friend" i dont think it means the American people feel the same way.

EDIT: Oh and i'm from Newcastle and i never noticed until this summer, just how big Newcastle Brown Ale is in America... You people have taste

edit on 5/2/11 by Liamoville because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
I'm British (English to be precise) and i was in America for four months this summer and to be honest i noticed the opposite of what this thread is suggesting. I've never had so many drinks bought for me and so many random conversations with little old ladies owning shops, purely because i am English.

Just because Obama likes to highlight everything British as bad and comes out with the rubbish about "France being their new best friend" i dont think it means the American people feel the same way.

EDIT: Oh and i'm from Newcastle and i never noticed until this summer, just how big Newcastle Brown Ale is in America... You people have taste

edit on 5/2/11 by Liamoville because: (no reason given)

Lets face it, Obama is a one term president. Whoever takes over from him is going to have a big job of repairing the so called, "special relationship".

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah, the special relationship runs deep.

www.sify.com...

"US sold Britain's nuclear secrets to Russia"

Thanks guys,

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
Yeah, the special relationship runs deep.

www.sify.com...

"US sold Britain's nuclear secrets to Russia"

Thanks guys,

Yeh, thanks America...
You sold us out!
Don't expect us to be there alongside you next time you're attacked by terrorists.
RIP Special Relationship. Stabbed in the back by a muslim president...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

sold ya's out ? besides... what secrets !

what about that long time contended missile defense shield that has been in place ?

well that is until recently eh ?
www.guardian.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

American have no problem with Britons as long as their Republican

I've met some cool British folks online and on ats too.
edit on 2/5/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

I have never heard anything like this, im a brit and well i get along with every american i know, they say im the most chilled out coolest british guy they know, so to me america doesnt hate brits.. i do however believe that they believe too much that their goverment tells them and thats same as us, we both have corrupt leaders and nothing we can do..

as for the 51st state, not a chance of that happening, i think its better being in europe really because i dont know its just right.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

sold ya's out ? besides... what secrets !

what about that long time contended missile defense shield that has been in place ?

well that is until recently eh ?
www.guardian.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

American have no problem with Britons as long as their Republican

I've met some cool British folks online and on ats too.
edit on 2/5/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Do you mean that missile defence shield which was housed on British soil? You know the idea...Lets detect the missiles as they fly over the Uk before they ever get anywhere near the USA! I too have met scores of cool educated Americans but most of those take no notice of the b*llsh*t their corrupt government tell them! Brit, yank, French, German, Russian, Italian or whatever, we are all being lied to! For heavens sake, wake up!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

We don't hate Britts...We hate the French!

Bin nous .. on aime tout le monde

avoir de la haine pour a rien .. is really kiddo and immature
edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

We don't hate Britts...We hate the French!

Bin nous .. on aime tout le monde

avoir de la haine pour a rien .. is really kiddo and immature
edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Your muslim president doesn't! To him the French cheese eating surrender monkeys are your greatest allies! Best of luck with that one...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

uh ?

We only have a prime minister in Quebec and its Jean Charest

Canada is still owned by the Queen .. in some sort .. all Canadians are British citizens
ahahah
never though it that way before

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

uh ?

Canada is still owned by the Queen .. in some sort .. all Canadians are British citizens
ahahah

I think an apology is required. I wrongly thought you were American. Please accept my apologise. No slight intended. However, Canadians aren't British citizens. You are members of the commonwealth and we in the UK are thankful for it...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Do you mean that missile defence shield which was housed on British soil? You know the idea...Lets detect the missiles as they fly over the Uk before they ever get anywhere near the USA! I too have met scores of cool educated Americans but most of those take no notice of the b*llsh*t their corrupt government tell them! Brit, yank, French, German, Russian, Italian or whatever, we are all being lied to! For heavens sake, wake up!

the truth is everything is a lie... our whole existence is a lie, in fact you are not really here right now, you think it is the year 2011 but the truth is it is more closer to 3157, you are currently now housed in a capsule with tentacles plugged in all over your body and one directly into your brainstem...

you are in fact being harvested for your essence and energy for a superior being that is trying to achieve immortality via human experiences, this sinister being which is harvesting all of our life force and energy is only trying to cheat death because too we do know that is does fear it like all intelligent beings.

I only told you it would be the truth !

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

the truth is everything is a lie... our whole existence is a lie, in fact you are not really here right now, you think it is the year 2011 but the truth is it is more closer to 3157, you are currently now housed in a capsule with tentacles plugged in all over your body and one directly into your brainstem...

you are in fact being harvested for your essence and energy for a superior being that is trying to achieve immortality via human experiences, this sinister being which is harvesting all of our life force and energy is only trying to cheat death because too we do know that is does fear it like all intelligent beings.

I only told you it would be the truth !

Proof please!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof!
Thanks...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

uh ?

ahahah

I think an apology is required. I wrongly thought you were American. Please accept my apologise. No slight intended. However, Canadians aren't British citizens. You are members of the commonwealth and we in the UK are thankful for it...

and what did you though i was ??

french canadian from quebec and american do have a big similarity from europe

our french and english accent is so different compare to the europeen accent
we have really screw the original languages

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Proof please!
Thanks...

see this is the tricky part, there is no way I can explain to you the truth... you just have to see it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nope had a blast every time a visit. My only complaint would be you guys have no idea how to name things! For example why would there be a boot on a car???? And of course when i say Knock up it has an entirely different meaning in the states. Have a funny story about a guy offering to knock up the wife in a hotel Ill have you know she almost hit him. And lets not forget that whole bugger business whats that about? But in total seriousness are 2 cultures share so much that its hard to hate.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Proof please!
Thanks...

see this is the tricky part, there is no way I can explain to you the truth... you just have to see it.

Fair enough. What you seem to be saying is that it's like a religion? You either see the light and are moved to belief or you don't and can't understand what all the fuss is about... Would that be a fair assessment?
And do you mean "feel it" rather see it?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
why would there be a boot on a car????

So we can have car boot sales, DUH!!

And of course when i say Knock up it has an entirely different meaning in the states.

Hmm, lots of uses there, erm, knock up yer missus is get her up the duff, preggers, bun in the oven etc, however if i could say to my missus "knock up a fag" which means make me a roll up cigarette. If a friend said to me "knock me up in the morn marra" he simply means knock on his front door in the morning to wake him up (marra just means friend in Cumbrian)

And lets not forget that whole bugger business whats that about?

You got me there, I use it quite a lot (like bloody)

Li'l buggers - shouted at the kids who knock over my wheely bin
Bugger it - Forget it, not worth the hassle (like giving up after the 6th attempt at programming the new TV)
Bugger knows - who knows how the sodding TV programs
Bugger off - A more polite way off say Pee off or F off

It has a multitude of uses has the old bugger, just like bloody.

EDIT: Fanny is the one that makes me chuckle, here it means a womans private parts, and is almost as bad as the C word or T word which mean the same thing, over there it just means bum! Oh how I howled at that episode of the simpsons when marge slipped and said "oh my fanny!" LOL!
edit on 7/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

And do you mean "feel it" rather see it?

well most people, in fact all people can "feel" it... it is all around them, it is the only truth which most people acknowledge, 92% of earths population actually speaks this universal language in some form or another... the language is transcendent and accessible to all unlike the language of mathematics which is only accessible to a limited few. This truth is as old as dirt too unlike the language of mathematics...

just take a look at the likes of Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking or even Carl Segan with their stiff upper lip and lack of sex-drive
isn't it then obvious why they do not speak the language of truth but still seek to define it ? could it be possible they want/wanted to understand the world around them in which everyone else live and enjoys their time floating in the bliss of ignorance...

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join