It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most americans dislike the british??

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by -Sho-

Oh bugger, close the Tamar - the Devonshire lot are about

hehe Joking of course

edit on 11-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

lol I leave the cider to the oversexed 14 year olds

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Sho-

Originally posted by rexorooter
Heck no, we love the Brits as long as they get their teeth fixed and quit sucking the queens ass.

Dude, half of us don't give a crap about the royals. Me and the wife have a bet on when the queen's gonna kick the bucket

Oh, that is so cool, tell me, do you have relatives in their 80s? Any? Would you like me to have a laugh when they die? Don't be so pathetic, twat.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Heck no, we love the Brits as long as they get their teeth fixed and quit sucking the queens ass.

An example of the aforementioned ignorance so prevalent in many (not all) Americans.

Most Brits, in fact a good majority, couldn't give a toss about the Queen or the rest Royals - in fact most of us have pretty much nothing but contempt for them all.

We will sort our teeth ..if you can lose 150 lbs, learn to dress in a style this side of 1986 and learn to pronounce the word nuclear (hint: say "new-clear" not "new-killurrrrr").

Oh and cut that mullet ORF, cousins!!!

Exactly... stereotypes are a b! tch, aren't they?

I'm, like, SOOOO glad you don't indulge in them??????

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No, I am an American and I've always thought highly of British people. You guys are our brothers.
We squabble on the superficial, but we feel the same about the important things and back each other.

edit on 11-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

lol I wouldn't care if you did. I just have no time for the royal family. I think they're a novelty and a complete waste of time

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've met people who hate Hawaiians. I've met people who hate Indians (Native Americans). I've met people who hate Mexicans. I've met people who also hate Russians... I've NEVER, EVER met anyone that doesn't like the british. We both like to give each other jabs about our countries history and current events... but at the end of that day, we're all friends.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by -Sho-

I %100 agree with you, what i hate the most is they get millions of tax payers money.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lancepk

Yep. It pays well doing nothing.

You Americans must know of some people who refer to us as limeys. It can't be an affectionate term

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

An example of the aforementioned ignorance so prevalent in many (not all) Americans.

Most Brits, in fact a good majority, couldn't give a toss about the Queen or the rest Royals - in fact most of us have pretty much nothing but contempt for them all.

We will sort our teeth ..if you can lose 150 lbs, learn to dress in a style this side of 1986 and learn to pronounce the word nuclear (hint: say "new-clear" not "new-killurrrrr").

Oh and cut that mullet ORF, cousins!!!
Ok you win> LOL no mullet though,,,,I love ya man! Maybe that is why we get along?
Exactly... stereotypes are a b! tch, aren't they?

I'm, like, SOOOO glad you don't indulge in them??????

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
As an American myself, I don't mind British people at all. What's important is the individual person, not the society as a whole. There's good people and bad people, in any country.
I'm sorry you feel that way, what you are observing may be a media hype or opinions of a few people.
America is a Huge country, and depending on what part you visit, there will have different tolerances and beliefs.
I'm sure there's certain individuals in England that don't like Americans.
But I think generally the U.S. likes the English.

Also, Hate is a strong word, what examples do you have to conclude that Americans hate you or your country?
I've never heard anyone or seen anything personally that would give off that feeling or idea from any fellow Americans.
Sometimes there's jokes on t.v. but that's not HATE.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Mastermook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rexorooter

Well hell ... It just gets old looking at you ginzle toothed, imperialist folks who claim no responsibility for their heinous crimes and come over here and want our support. We are a nation built on a republic form of government. Not a monarchy. I don't believe we have anything in common. If you believe in a republic, maybe we can talk. I could give a # about my heritage. (and grandma was English) I do give a # about our form of government.
We beat your controlling bankers ass one time (ole George) and we will do it again. Death to the Rochchild dynasty.
All of these young public school idiots who are bending over backwards to kiss your ass mean nothing to the true patriots in this nation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a 'Brit' in my oppinion when talking of and grouping all the people from the United Kingdom(through forced marriage,terror,etc)...

A stereotypical Brit on paper is someone from England, there are plenty of people in Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland who would also fit this tag, sadly these people suffer from a severe case of "Stockholm Syndrome".. Some have been cured and many more are in recovery, but with the likes of the BBC defending Londons(New Rome) continued attack on the minds of Celts, times are hard!..

The Scottish,English,Irish and Welsh are all cool people, each diferent in their own ways and their true history(not brit/roman version) is very interesting.. It's the people that own/run the UK(USA) that are a problem and have been since time began.....................................

A lot of people from the Celtic nations get offended when classed as or called a Brit'

Saor Alba

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther
reply to post by stewalters1

Hating an entire group of people, be it based on nationality, race, gender, etc., is a display of sheer ignorance. As such, it isn't worth your time to pay any attention to such drivel, and I don't believe it is representative of the majority of people in these forums.

Really? You obviously haven't noticed the America hating threads...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewalters1
I have noticed in my short time here on ats allot of hate from americans directed at the british.
Do most americans see the british as a weak spineless nation that can't do anything without american backing, be the backing financial or help to win wars.

I am a british person and i love america i have family there and would prefer to be a 51st state of america than a european state.
My feelings are changing after tacking a bashing from some american members of ats. One guy even blamed the british for his ancestors being brutalised in some war way back.

This is stupid because the modern day average british person doesn't share the same views our ancestors did, regardless of what our ancestors did it has nothing to do with us in this day and age.

I don't really like the british government and disagree with allot of their agendas but its like people think the british government makes decisions and that all the british people agree and that we are all tossers!!

When president bush was saying stupid things on the television i didnt think the whole of america is dumb as hell like him.

Does anybody see my point?

I have no problem with the british at all. In fact I would love to come visit someday. I think the English accent is way better and a lot more proper than what I hear in the states for the most part. So no, I do not see British as weak or anything bad at all. Most of my ancestors are from Scotland and Ireland anyway

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I fell in love with the accent, and have been hooked ever since!

Which one?Britain has about 2500 different accents.I'm guessing it was a Brummie accent.............. Geordie perhaps?A lot of my friends from Yorkshire and Lancashire/Mersey are mistaken for Irish by Americans because of their accents.A lot of Americans only recognise a London accent or Toffspeak as an English accent.

One of my American buddies heard me on Skype to a Welsh friend.He thought I was talking to a call centre in India.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by -Sho-

Haha... No, it wasn't "Mary Poppins", I didn't really like that film. The part where the lady sings the "feed the birds" song made me cry, so I've harbored resentment against that flic, and also "Bambi" btw, a cruel film! lol

And, if I'm drinking a beer I like Guinness, but I prefer Irish whiskey!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As a Brit/Englishman i was of course drawn to this thread, and it reinforced what i thought. That Britain and America share a bond of Friendship both as Nations and Peoples that is enduring a in general perceived by all as mutualy beneficial. And for all the nice comments thank you from all Brits, plus you may see a spike in tourists

But a little off topic, i am quite alarmed by all the Royal bashing. People who say they do nothing are obviously ignorant of the MASSES of work HRH Prince Charles does, for example. Furthermore it is a common missconception that the Monarchy costs the taxpayer money. If those who are ignorant of the facts, espescially British folk, would care for some please read on.

Until 1760 the monarch met all official expenses from hereditary revenues, which included the profits of the Crown Estate (the royal property portfolio). King George III agreed to surrender the hereditary revenues of the Crown in return for the Civil List, and this arrangement persists. In modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have by far exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid provided to the monarch.[99] For example, the Crown Estate produced £200 million for the Treasury in the financial year 2007–8, whereas parliamentary funding for the monarch was £40 million during the same period.[100] The Crown Estate is one of the largest property owners in the United Kingdom, worth over £7.3 billion

As you can see you are 100% wrong on the account of the Monarchy costing taxpayers money, and should the Monarchy be dissolved the Monarch would suddenly find themselves in receipt of a 16 billion ( estimated ) fortune. So to be fair i doubt that given some peoples ungratefullness for all their tireless work i doubt they give a s**t about thoses people' opinions.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

Eh, I really just like accents in general. If I had to say which ones of the British accents I didn't like so much it'd be an English posh one. They sound rather dull, and unsexy. (imagine in a tone of a posh accent) "Darling...would you please turn over dear..." Ho hum.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hi there, new member here. I don't hate the Brits. I don't know any personally, but when I worked for a major resort I met quite a few. I would say my experiance with all but one gentleman was positive. And to be fair he had a right to be upset at the situation. He was just taking it out on someone (me) who had absolutley no power to rectify the situation. I don't classify a people based on the actions of thier government. Basically I try to take people for people so to speak. As long as a person isn't a jerk, I could care less where they are from.

I actually can't think of anyone I know who hates our friends from accross the pond. I would be more inclined to think of our nations as true friends now. I consider a true friend as someone who will call you out when you act like an ass, tell you the truth, but is always there to help you when you need it. Look what happened 200 years ago is history. We can't judge people by the actions of thier fathers. What matters is how we act now.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I would consider it an act of selfless council to advise your president to proceed with the minimum of expectations with regards to his new found best friend. The French political class are notoriously selfish concerning their own interests before any other and will undermine any alliance that does not benefit them foremost. The diplomatic community will pay no mind to this show of diplomatic fur stroking and see it for the political maneuvering it really is. It wont take long for Wikileaks to report the French socially elite class muttering disparaging remarks about the first ladies fashion sense, Mr Obama's heritage, or the lack of sophistication of the American people in general, but Vive Le Dollar......for now. The british are well versed in the mercurial idiosyncrasies of the French political elite as our neighborers have taught us well over many years.
Do we readilly forget the price for the joint liberation of their homeland was a refusal for years to allow us in to their profitable club called the common market. I would again advise caution in your enthusiasm as disapointment between friends can be most disconcerting.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join