It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for gravity to physically switch a light switch from “on” to “off”?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am putting this in the gray area becausei am not sure what to think about this and I wanted to see what all might be a cause. Please mods move to wherever you see it better fits.
Last night while laying in bed listening to late night radio, I heard what sounded to be a click and the hallway light went out. I thought it was a burned out bulb. I got up, walked into the hallway and flicked the switch (don’t know why I did, if it was a burned out bulb it wouldn’t have turned on anyway) the light came on. I looked closely at the light switch and it read “on”. The light switch had been physically switched off. My husband was at another part of the house (there is only two of us). Nobody could have been in the hallway at that time, I would have heard him.
We have been living in this house for 4 months and have not had anything weird happened. The house we had moved out of had a bit of activity once in a while. Usually I am able to somewhat “sense” different energy if I feel that I am not alone and I haven’t had that feeling yet in this house.
Could gravity physically switch light switches or could there another explanation?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Of course its possible.
Reverse gravity is also possible

edit on 10-1-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

Not realy the same, but the principle is the same

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by illusioned2

Ya.. if the switch is old and loose or something.

Ghosts aren't something to be scared of; think about it: they're just like you, but dead. I can tell you that they do exist, definitely not something to be afraid of.

If it does start getting mean and prissy then what you need to remember is that your house is YOUR's and space is for the living; he/she needs to get the *&%# on.
edit on 10-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Could gravity physically switch light switches or could there another explanation?

Even though frogs can fly/float
I wouldn't think that gravity could switch off the light. Maybe you aren't feeling the different energy, because it's a kind, gentle energy? If it's turning out the lights for you, maybe you have a helpful ghost.

I had a bathroom mirror fall off the medicine cabinet once. I heard the glass smash in the bathtub. My son came running upstairs when it happened, and found me staring into the tub. The mirror had to clear the countertop, 2 feet of floor, and move over about a foot to the left, or it would have hit the wall dividing the tub from the toilet. All I had to say, was thank you. Not one speck of mirror was outside of the tub, making cleanup really easy

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Even though frogs can fly/float
I wouldn't think that gravity could switch off the light. Maybe you aren't feeling the different energy, because it's a kind, gentle energy? If it's turning out the lights for you, maybe you have a helpful ghost.

I had a bathroom mirror fall off the medicine cabinet once. I heard the glass smash in the bathtub. My son came running upstairs when it happened, and found me staring into the tub. The mirror had to clear the countertop, 2 feet of floor, and move over about a foot to the left, or it would have hit the wall dividing the tub from the toilet. All I had to say, was thank you. Not one speck of mirror was outside of the tub, making cleanup really easy

Keep it simple. From a far distance we are nothing but a tiny pale blue dot.
We are connected to space woven in an invisible field, withholding us from colliding with each other.

If something would distort that balance, things could easily happen

must watch

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Considering gravity is still a big mystery, who knows?

But consider what might happen to the world if everybody suddenly evolved the ability to fly.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hi illusioned2.

possible for gravity to physically switch a light switch from “on” to “off”?

A very old and loose mercury switch could "fall" off.
The small button/rod moving down.

But NOT the "hard to move", with a CLICK ones.

Blue skies.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hi illusioned2.

possible for gravity to physically switch a light switch from “on” to “off”?

A very old and loose mercury switch could "fall" off.
The small button/rod moving down.

But NOT the "hard to move", with a CLICK ones.

Blue skies.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This one is great to watch after 0:35sec.

There are forces in play, that could make us fly I believe.

4:52 what planet is the red line? Nibiru? It comes close to our orbit

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Before we call in Dr. Venkman and Egon:
If the switch was not fully on, it could've been left close to the point where the spring flips it "over center" and a natural vibration or vibration from a passing truck may have been enough to just wiggle it enough the mechanism flipped itself on. or the house expanding or shrinking with temperature may have provided enough input to cause the mechanism to do something.
It's odd. no doubt; but don't jump to the paranormal immediately.We've all experienced unaccounted for house creaks.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a mundane explaination would be that a roach or something shorted out the switch & the instantly fried critter getting electrocuted was the 'click' you heard....

what? is this an older home with 1950s light switches... for a buck one can upgrade to the silent type switches or even ones with a diode that lights the switch up in hallways.

well... back to the incident, evidently the critter did not cause the breaker to trip... so all i can guess
is the mechanical switch had something that made a noise...and the light momentarily blacked out until
you cleared the short in the switch by merely moving the up-down lever.

Of course, theres always the possibility your time lines got switched around and you got accellerated into
another time line reality in which the light was not 'on' in the first place... but in the timeline you were
previously in -> the hall light was indeed 'on' but the time line shift brought you into the reality where it was
'off' all along. (the click was your material body transporting to the new time-line)

there was a interview just 2 nights ago on C2C radio all-night that a 'Starfire Tor' guest was on, and she is involved with these time-line juxtapositions www.starfiretor.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusioned2
The house we had moved out of had a bit of activity once in a while. Usually I am able to somewhat “sense” different energy if I feel that I am not alone and I haven’t had that feeling yet in this house.

So the purpose of this thread is to what? Rule out any rational explanation for your experience so you can get on with fantasizing that your home is riddled with spirits?

Obviously... blatantly obviously... gravity isn't strong enough to turn your light switch off so either a ghost did it or there is a perfectly prosaic explanation. Take your pick luv.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a hallway? most hallways with switched lighting have a switch at both ends. maybe your husband walked by and flipped the one at the other end, turning the light out and the switch at your end was in the down position. did you ask?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
TribeOfManyColours,
Thank you for those videos. It does give you more to think about. I had not ever thought about reverse gravity. Really interesting!

Igigi,
That was my first thought, that I might be meeting a new ghost or possibly unfortunately reuniting with my previous invader, but since I have been feeling pretty comfortable here that might be a technical explanation.

Snowspirit,
Wow! That’s pretty scary! At least the instigator had good aim and was tidy! That would have been very unnerving!

Xiphias,
I have never had that happen to me before. It is surprising just what gravity is capable of.

C-Jean,
My switch is an older, hard to switch one. It might have fallen down but it feels pretty tight and there is a defendant click when it switches. I don’t know!

46Ace,
That might be an explanation. The temperatures have been pretty crazy up and down here. I never would have thought that that might effect electricity. Thank you!

St Udio,
I am not sure how old the house is. Something might have been chewed. That is very possible.
I also heard that C2C show with Starfiretor. I don’t know what to think about that, she had some pretty wild ideas, but I guess all is possible!

Silver Star,
Thank you for your reply. The purpose of this thread is to find out other possibilities to what may have caused the switch to move by itself. I believe in the paranormal but I also believe that there are other explanations for odd things happening. I would like to explore all possibilities, there are a lot of brilliant people on ATS. I don't believe that everything is from the spirit world.

Abecedarian,
There is only one switch in the hallway. That would have been a good suggestion though.

edit on 10-1-2011 by illusioned2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Physically turned off? As opposed to mentally or spiritually turned off? Im not sure, i could not say. But gravity can be tricky sometimes so be crefull around it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kayzar

Yes, the light switch lever had literally switched down to the off position. It's puzzling. I had asked my husband what could have caused that and he said “it was probably gravity”.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
At first I wasnt going to reply to this because I thought "hey strange things happen", and I had no opinion on the matter BUT...

Twenty minutes ago lieing in bed in the same position as now, half covered with my laptop on my belly I was listening to the project camelot awake and aware confrence on ATS with my eyes closed the lights were on and the switch in my sites, and thay just went "click" and out, the switch is set up upside down so it couldnt be gravity, its that kind of "flat" switch so it couldnt have even been anty-gravity....

I have NO idea what just happened, my eyes were closed and im alone at home...

Any logical explanation??? or any other for that matter

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kera1337

Thats just too weird. There has to be some sort of explanation for this.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kera1337

Did the switch itself turn switch off or was it just the light that turned off?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join