It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Stop Flu Shot: Hope for a Universal Influenza Vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

One Stop Flu Shot: Hope for a Universal Influenza Vaccine

healthland.time.com

Perhaps there's a silver lining to last year's H1N1 pandemic flu outbreak: those who were infected and survived appear to have developed 'super flu' antibodies that may help researchers develop an influenza inoculation that could be effective for a lifetime.

Researchers theorize that the H1N1 virus was so different in structure than any other virus to which sufferers had been exposed, that their antibodies developed to attack the only part of the virus that it recognized — what's known as th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A universal Vaccine? Not much money in that is there?
As we all know.. there's little profit in a cure, and the pharmaceutical industrial complex wants a constantly flowing super-income.

So what's the deal with this?

You know there's a word, it starts with an "e", it's meaning is if you enhance something in your body another bodypart will suffer, does anyone remember what that word is?

I'm trying remember but for the life of me I cannot remember it.
If anyone can remember I would greatly apreciate a friendly reminder.

Anyhow... thoughts?

healthland.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I, for one, will refuse to take this vaccine if it is made. I would much rather risk catching the flu than risk there being some sketchy stuff in the vaccine. That's just me though

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ALL flu shots are BS.. Do not buy into this Psy OP.. Rviewer Maj. Ed Dames says a pandemic is coming... Burgermeister exposed Baxter for spreading the last one... Do not buy into the scam..!!

Add No Flags or Stars... Psy Op alert!!
edit on 10-1-2011 by R_Clark because: Scam...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

i'd hate to start my journey on this forum with a so called "one-liner", but i believe the word you are looking for is "equilibrium", dear friend. also thank you for finally pushing me over the edge from a lurking state, giving me a reason to register.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
giving the fact that viruses exist because they can change and mutate, this seems ridiculous, that a person would be future proof of all future viruses or mutations of them

secondly, correct me if I'm wrong, but most flu vaccines are just small doses of the virus that the body uses to build a natural immunity to

edit on 10-1-2011 by all answers exist because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

giving the fact that viruses exist because they can change and mutate, this seems ridiculous, that a person would be future proof of all future viruses or mutations of them

by all answers exist,

IMO, excellent response.

What is most *troublesome* to me about the article is the fact that "they" are equating the H1N1 virus to *some* strains of the H5N1 virus (involved with the bird flu).

If this is the case, why isn't it more publicized among WHO and other national health agencies?

More *chite*, I'm afraid.

Do not take the Jab !

Out of OP's original source; in same article, the power of NATURE: www.aolhealth.com...

And for some posters above, I believe that you are missing the Original Threader's point?!

edit on 10-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boyturnsintocloud
i'd hate to start my journey on this forum with a so called "one-liner", but i believe the word you are looking for is "equilibrium", dear friend. also thank you for finally pushing me over the edge from a lurking state, giving me a reason to register.

lol no, it's a science word and it's meaning specifically means what I described
I remember reading it in some science book

If it was Equilibrium i'm pretty sure I wouldn't have a hard time

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What is most *troublesome* to me about the article is the fact that "they" are equating the H1N1 virus to strains of the H5N1 virus (involved with the bird flu).

If this is the case, why isn't it more publicized among WHO and other national health agencies?

great point and yes it is very troublesome

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
vaccines are evil.

period.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

ModAcademia:

This certainly isn't the "E" word you are referring to, is it?---- ->

Text is a component of most flu shot materials...

Ethylene Glycol-Ethylene Glycol is nothing more than the technical name for anti-freeze, the same stuff that you put inside your car engine. I don’t think I have to tell you what would happen if you ingest antifreeze.

Otherwise, are you referring to Autism, Guillain-Barre syndrome, or an inflated *epidemic*?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

no it's not a compound
It's the scientific word for "if you enhance your "this" then it will negatively change "that"
It's a term

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Got any serious links or evidence to back up your claim

Question mark

Also try telling that to everyone born today who thankfully have grown up in an age completely free of smallpox and with drastically reduced numbers of other diseases such as measles, tuberculosis....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The normal route that the flu enters the body through the mouth or nose is how we best defend against it.

That does not mean have them stick it up you nose either.

But having them inject you with the flu to prevent you from getting it is like opening your engine up sticking crud in there so that you engine will not break down when some trash makes it past the filters.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

actually, yes. can you say the same thing? and no, i'm not considering pharma-industry sponsored research to be any serious evidence.

www.whale.to...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As one of those who needs to get the annual flu shot, because coming down with influenza would likely put me in the hospital, if not kill me, I say yippee-skippee, but I have my doubts as to the veracity of the thing. It seems like, as soon as we eradicate something, something else crops up that's even worse. The logic of that escapes me, but it sure seems to be the case.

The benefit for people like me (you "healthy people" can feel free to skip your vaccines
) has nothing to do with money or needle pokes, more to do with years when they predict influenza "A" and they're wrong and it's influenza "B" instead.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting... But no thanks they can keep their universal vaccine. Will stick with TCM (traditional chinese medicine) much better than western medicine without the adverse effects ..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

And why would you reject such evidence?
Second

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Also try telling that to everyone born today who thankfully have grown up in an age completely free of smallpox and with drastically reduced numbers of other diseases such as measles, tuberculosis....

This is also *drastically different to a suggested annual flu virus vaccine*.....

Or do you disagree for some reason?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

And for some posters above, I believe that you are missing the Original Threader's point?!

For clarification, please, are you taking a pro/negative/neutral position position on the " Universal Influenza Vaccine"?

We understand that you want the missing piece, as indicated above, i.e., (what is the "e" ?), but what are your thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join