It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does NASA Photograph Show UFO near Moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks to a reader who submitted the following information and photograph.

This picture, from official NASA, archives shows the crescent moon and what appears to be a large, well lit, UFO in the shadow of the moon.

Zooming in produces more detail.

It can be found at: www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html.

The photo number is 440857main_image_1633_428-321.

I found it while looking for pictures of the Martian surface to study. It is attached to this email.

The picture caption says that it is the International space station. Zoom in on it and see that it is not even the right shape to be the space station, plus, it seems to be orbiting the moon, not the earth.

Roger O.

Source

Wow, this picture is pretty neat.

It does not appear as if it could be lit from the sun if it was part of the moon. Unless the moon has an very large mountain/volcano.

I am not really sure what this could be other than, perhaps. space debris, or a UFO.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Something else.... but NOT The ISS!
Thanks for this.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No.I think it's a tampered image.

The original is here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
An untampered shot? From NASA! Ha!

Honestly, the only way we will get to see whats REALLY up there (If there is anything up there. I believe there is but we all have our beliefs), on the moon or around it, is by going there ourselves. Which is unlikely.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What we need to determine here is the exact location of the ISS when this image was taken;

This image was taken at 06:06 EDT on April 4th 2010, now what was the ISS location on this time and date, can anyone find the ISS location on this time and date, i have tried searching on NASAs web site but nothing is coming up for that particular search, cheers in advance

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

No.I think it's a tampered image.

The original is here.

Kandisky,

I believe the only tampering of the image is an overlay of the picture with the anomoly blown up to see side by side. The text that Pred provided states that detail can be seen when blown up, and the arrow pointing at it kind of leads me to believe that is exactly that. The orginal anomoly simply blown up and overlaid.

That being said, whatever it is doesnt look like its on the surface, it looks like its high enough off the surface to be lit by the sun as well, even though it is 'behind' the horizon.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What is there to suggest this isn't the ISS?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know the location from where the picture was taken?
I have found some ISS info from the specified date, but am having trouble finding the image info.

Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
More like unidentified photoshopped object.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
OT

Strange, one of the crators just above middle is giving me an optical illusion on my screen.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok here is the ISS info from the specified date GMT -5 EDT:

Heavens- above

04 Apr 06:20:09 10 SSW 06:23:01 34 SE 06:25:50 10 ENE
04 Apr 07:56:13 10 W 07:58:52 26 NNW 08:01:30 10 NNE
04 Apr 09:35:05 10 NNW 09:35:30 10 N 09:35:56 10 N
04 Apr 11:11:17 10 N 11:12:25 12 NNE 11:13:33 10 NE
04 Apr 12:46:05 10 NW 12:48:57 40 NE 12:51:39 10 ESE
04 Apr 14:22:29 10 W 14:24:29 17 SW 14:26:28 10 S

The first time is the beginning f the pass, the middle time is the apex of the pass, and the final time is the end of the pass.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's the ISS.

Nasa: www.nasa.gov...

[QUOTE]
Flying Across the Moon
The International Space Station flew across the face of the moon over NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida approximately 15 minutes before the launch of space shuttle Discovery on the STS-131 mission. Discovery successfully launched on April 5 and is now docked with the station. STS-131 will deliver the multi-purpose logistics module Leonardo, filled with supplies, a new crew sleeping quarters and science racks that will be transferred to the International Space Station's laboratories. The crew also will switch out a gyroscope on the station’s truss, install a spare ammonia storage tank and retrieve a Japanese experiment from the station’s exterior.

Image Credit: Photo courtesy of Fernando Echeverria
[/QUOTE]

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MelFunktion
It's the ISS.

Nasa: www.nasa.gov...

[QUOTE]
Flying Across the Moon
The International Space Station flew across the face of the moon over NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida approximately 15 minutes before the launch of space shuttle Discovery on the STS-131 mission. Discovery successfully launched on April 5 and is now docked with the station. STS-131 will deliver the multi-purpose logistics module Leonardo, filled with supplies, a new crew sleeping quarters and science racks that will be transferred to the International Space Station's laboratories. The crew also will switch out a gyroscope on the station’s truss, install a spare ammonia storage tank and retrieve a Japanese experiment from the station’s exterior.

Image Credit: Photo courtesy of Fernando Echeverria
[/QUOTE]

except the image in question was taken on the 4th of April, not the 5th,
although I still believe it could be the ISS

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RaKais

My thoughts exactly. NASA goes through too many lengths to hide the truth to just release an image with a "UFO" right in plain view.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by RaKais

My thoughts exactly. NASA goes through too many lengths to hide the truth to just release an image with a "UFO" right in plain view.

Perhaps they missed one. Nobodies perfect.

And some of the photos they give out they might as well have UFO's in them, it is so plain to see that something was/is being covered up.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
(snip)

First, I'm puzzled as to why this is claimed as a NASA photo. It looks like it was taken with an amateur telescope. I'm sure NASA wouldn't have bothered and if they did, they would have used a large, professional telescope.

Second, the photo number produces this:
Search ResultsHELP
Search Button
› Advanced Search Options GeneralVideosImagesNewsPodcastsView raw result.

Search for - - had no results.

Suggestions:

Check spelling.

Try different keywords or phrases.

Try more general keywords or terms.

edit on 10-1-2011 by The Shrike because: Clarity.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I think its attributed to a NASA image because the original image was found on the NASA website here:

NASA

In the image from the casebook site, the image is altered by overlaying a blown up version of the object in question in the right hand side of the picture.

top topics

join