It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's not forget the heroes also...(Arizona shootings)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Woman tackled Jared Loughner after he shot her

That's right people..we have Heroes here too..

This woman was actually shot by Jared and Still managed to knock the clip from his hand while he was trying to reload...Reload mind you....

A woman who tackled the gunman who shot congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords, and 19 other people in Arizona has been praised by police. Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told journalists the woman grabbed a magazine of bullets from the man as he was trying to reload his gun. She had also been shot by him. Two men then grabbed him.

source

feel free to add anymore info to this hero story..thanks..

edit on 10-1-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I saw an interview with the woman who knocked the clip out of his hand earlier, good on her.

Can't find her online.... but this guy deserves some props.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for that reply..

and the video...hopefully we can find out who they all were and thank them ourselves..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I was hoping my fellow ats'rs would jump all over this thread and help locate and/or find out who these other Heroes are also...

It would be a nice change of pace to shed some positiveness on this tragic situation...

what say you my fellow ats'rs..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
These people are the heroes of this scenario.
Heroes.

That is my definition of a hero anyway.

Someone who risks their life to subdue a deranged shooter.
Or in the case of the woman, someone who is already shot and tries to disarm the deranged shooter.
edit on 10-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Thanks..

I appreciate your input..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not trying to sound insensitive,
but I really hate the "hero" tag
being blanketed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
O.K. after searching more news..

i have found out that she was NOT shot...read below but she is still a hero to me...

Daniel Hernandez used his hands to stop the bleeding from congresswoman's head. Roger Salzgeber and Joseph Zamudio tackled the suspect, Jared Loughner. But it was a 61-year-old woman who grabbed the magazine and handgun from the gunman that witnesses said helped prevent further tragedy. "It was one shot, and then a moment with nothing, and then a series of shots," Patricia Maisch, of Tucson, told CBS affiliate KPHO. "I saw him coming down the line of chairs there, in front of the Safeway, just shooting people." Two men tackled the gunman, but he could have done more damage. He still had the gun in his hand as he laid face-to-face with Maisch, she said. "I was waiting to be shot, I was wondering how it was gonna feel to be shot," she told the station. Maisch said she didn't stop to think of her own safety, she didn't hesitate for a second. "I immediately knelt up over him, because he was right there almost on top of me, and the gun was in his right hand," she said. She said she grabbed the 9mm handgun and the fully loaded magazine he took out of his pocket, disarming him before he could inflict more damage. Even after all she's done, Maisch remained humble. She credits the two men who took the shooter down, rather than patting herself on the back. Witnesses said Maisch was screaming, "give me the gun" as she knelt over the gunman.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Daniel Hernandez, the intern (student at U. of AZ) that helped the Congresswoman in her first moments after being shot, before paramedics arrived... though he wouldn't call himself a hero, he certainly shined at a crucial moment and did the right thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Daniel Hernandez, the intern (student at U. of AZ) that helped the Congresswoman in her first moments after being shot, before paramedics arrived... though he wouldn't call himself a hero, he certainly shined at a crucial moment and did the right thing.

Yes he did..I for one am glad he was there..

and thank you for your reply LS..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Bystander who stopped at store helps subdue gunmen - Joseph
FoxNews Interview

Other Heros present
Patricia
Megan Kelly Interview

Remembering the rampage victims

They all acted without any thoughts to their own danger, instead focusing on others. I don't have any type of civilian memorial, so I will use the Law Enforcement thin blue line for them.

May the victims walk the streets of heaven, the survivors find a new sense of purpose, and the families find peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thank you for that very nice reply..

this is what I am looking for from ATS..

top topics

join