It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Can't Take Any More~[WRAP]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mother Can’t Take Any More~ [WRAP]

She supports all living things. Her beauty is unmatched, her power is extraordinary. Everything that walks, crawls, creeps, and flies depends on her support to survive. Without her, we would die, without her there is no future. And yet we strip her of everything she has. Chop the trees all down, pave over the beautiful flowers and shrubbery, rape her insides of all her precious metals, gems, oil, and whatever else we can find and use. We fill the air with pollutants, contaminate her life-giving waters, and trash her pristine forests and oceans, literally with our solid wastes. We are killing her, cruelly and slowly. Mother Earth is dying and she cannot take anymore.

Now she needs us. She needs our support, our love, and our breath of life. We need to act before it is too late. Restore her magical beauty and cleanse her of our vile trash. Stop raping her resources and begin living in harmony with her, instead of working against her. It is our responsibility, we are the most sentient beings on this planet and the only who can logically take action and heal her sick body. It is our reason for being sentient. We have the ability to do such great things for her, but instead we make her sickly every day. We are plaguing her with our greed and discord. How can we, as sentient beings allow our very life support system get slowly killed and just stand by and watch? Why is no one speaking for her, for she has no voice? Though the signs she gives show us that day after day, she is getting worse and worse. We would do right to heed her signs and clean up our mess. If not, then this world will die. She will have to rid herself of our uncaring species.

We need clean energy. We need self sustaining societies. We need to plant more trees. Grow more open spaces and give off less contaminants. We need to rebuild her structure from the ground on up. We need to stop the wars, end the drilling, and stop dumping in the oceans. We need to stop treating her like a house, and treat her like a home. Without her, we are nothing.

edit on 10-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: I DUNNO WHAT I WROTE AS THE TITLE!!! A MISTAKE SHEESH

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I thought this was about Rap music

But, thats ok ..I'll move along now (and pick up after myself as I leave)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I thought this was about Rap music

But, thats ok ..I'll move along now (and pick up after myself as I leave)

HAHA Why would you have thought it was about Rap music? LOL! I can see where one might think its about children and getting on their mother's nerves, but where does the rap music spin come from? Am I missing something?

OOPS I see why, a misspelled title word, sheesh my bad lol, sorry you didn't like it.

edit on 10-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
it always make cry reading how we /they are distroying Gia

lol i do see how he thought it was a [WRAP] Rap

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It is so very sad what we are doing to Mother - thank you for reminding us to be gentle and loving to all her children.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Very timely, empathetic, and beautiful words ldyserenity. S&F from me. And Thank you!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thank you all very much! Can't wait to see everyone else's contributions! So far they have all been prize winners!!!

new topics

top topics

join