It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giffords 'hero' intern springs into action after shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
CNN Story

TUCSON, Arizona (CNN) - First, Daniel Hernandez heard the shots ring out. Then, he heard someone yell, "Gun!"

Moments later, he was at Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' side. Less than a week after the 20-year-old intern started working for the congresswoman, he was using his bare hands to stop blood gushing from where a bullet had entered her head.

"People have been referring to me as a hero. I don't think that I am. I think the people who are heroes are people like Gabby, who have dedicated their lives to public service," he said. "It just makes me happy to know that I could help her in any way that I could."

Just thought I'd post this to bring to light the timely actions of this young man, Daniel Hernandez. The quote from him says it all: "I think the people who are heroes are people like Gabby, who have dedicated their lives to public service."

I'm very concerned with the revelation that the accused killer was a member here on ATS and I find it a little bit disgusting that some members continue to spew the same type of rhetoric that may have insighted the accused killer to action. Highly speculative threads should be well vetted. ATS Moderators should remain diligent to remove or edit posts which may prove disrespectful to those involved. ( Isaw a thread this morning that spoke of a possible connection to 9/11 because the 9 yr old who was shot was born on 9/11) There are plenty of examples of these threads out there.

Please people, try to remember that the folks involved in this tragedy are real, living, breathing human beings with families that deserve the common curtesy of respect for their fallen loved ones.

~ Peace
edit on 10-1-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
CNN Story

TUCSON, Arizona (CNN) - First, Daniel Hernandez heard the shots ring out. Then, he heard someone yell, "Gun!"

Moments later, he was at Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' side. Less than a week after the 20-year-old intern started working for the congresswoman, he was using his bare hands to stop blood gushing from where a bullet had entered her head.

"People have been referring to me as a hero. I don't think that I am. I think the people who are heroes are people like Gabby, who have dedicated their lives to public service," he said. "It just makes me happy to know that I could help her in any way that I could."

Just thought I'd post this to bring to light the timely actions of this young man, Daniel Hernandez. The quote from him says it all: "I think the people who are heroes are people like Gabby, who have dedicated their
lives to public service."

I'm very concerned with the revelation that the accused killer was a member here on ATS and I find it a little bit disgusting that some members continue to spew the same type of rhetoric that may have insighted the accused killer to action. Highly speculative threads should be well vetted. ATS Moderators should remain diligent to remove or edit posts which may prove disrespectful to those involved. ( Isaw a thread this morning that spoke ofa possible connection to 9/11 because the 9 yr old who was shot was born on 9/11) Thee are plenty of examples out there.

Please people, try to remember that the folks involved in this tragedy are real, living, breathing human beings with families that deserve the common curtesy of respect for their fallen loved ones.

~ Peace

I condemn Jareds' actions 100%, but I also condemn the actions of the elites. I do not think Gabby was an elite though, I think she is the type of person that we need to be leading us.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Depends on what board the "highly-speculative" threads appear on.. some of those board are for speculating... highly.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by igigi

Do you have any children? If you do, can you put yourself in the shoes of the parents whose 9 yr old daughter was murdered? Would you want your daughters' death to be kicked around here as conspiracy fodder? IDGAF what the hell those boards are for, show a little GD respect.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

buildingwhat.org before you dig into me and any other "conspiracy net-jobs"

A tragedy it was; in no way did I attempt to belittle the situation or the gravity of his actions on other's lives.
But there is merrit in discussion; and a simple blind argument that discussion should NOT be held on account of those lost or in grieving... well...

buildingwhat.org

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

before you dig into me and any other "conspiracy net-jobs"

A tragedy it was; in no way did I attempt to belittle the situation or the gravity of his actions on other's lives.
But there is merrit in discussion; and a simple blind argument that discussion should NOT be held on account of those lost or in grieving... well...

Are you spamming this thread now? What's up with the link?

I made a simple general statement and a plea for discretion which you apparently have a problem with. By all means, defend those idiots who want to tie that little girls death to some whacky conspiracy theory about 9/11 but don't you dare try to convince me. I'll not have it and will "DIG" into you w/every fiber of my being, having no regrets.

All I'm saying is; Leave the innocents out of your garbage.

You got a problem with that?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Considering that the father of said 9 year old girl has already stated that he doesn't want his girl's death to be used as a springboard to anti-gun legislation, I would imagine that he has it in his mind that there may be a conspiracy to do as such.

So speculation of any kind regarding this tragedy is not disrespectful, especially considering that noone on this site is directly speaking to any of the involved. It really is a shame when someone blasts those who look for truth or meaning as being disrespectful, conspiracy nutjobs. On a conspiracy nutjob website, no less.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
Considering that the father of said 9 year old girl has already stated that he doesn't want his girl's death to be used as a springboard to anti-gun legislation, I would imagine that he has it in his mind that there may be a conspiracy to do as such.

So speculation of any kind regarding this tragedy is not disrespectful, especially considering that noone on this site is directly speaking to any of the involved. It really is a shame when someone blasts those who look for truth or meaning as being disrespectful, conspiracy nutjobs. On a conspiracy nutjob website, no less.

Those are your perceptions and do not necessarily reflect reality. Seems most people here can't wrap their heads around that concept. I'm leary of anyone who claims to know the mind of someone they do not know or have never met, as you claim you do.

Honestly, if there was a delete account on this message forum I would've been hitting that damn thing hard this morning.

This place is disgusting today.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Recap on how this argument got started.

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
I'm very concerned with the revelation that the accused killer was a member here on ATS and I find it a little bit disgusting that some members continue to spew the same type of rhetoric that may have insighted the accused killer to action. Highly speculative threads should be well vetted. ATS Moderators should remain diligent to remove or edit posts which may prove disrespectful to those involved. ( Isaw a thread this morning that spoke of a possible connection to 9/11 because the 9 yr old who was shot was born on 9/11) There are plenty of examples of these threads out there.

To which I said:

Depends on what board the "highly-speculative" threads appear on.. some of those board are for speculating... highly.

To which spawned a woman's scorn like hell hath not?

As seen VVV at the bottom of every webpage you visit on this site VVV
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.

9/11 Conspiracies: This forum is dedicated to the discussion and speculation of cover-ups, scandals, and other conspiracies surrounding the events of 9/11/2001. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny due to general rudeness by some. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

US Political Madness: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state. Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny. Because of the inherent distrust of government by conspiracy theorists, discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to be highly critical of the current administration.

General Conspiracies: This forum is dedicated to general conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and government scandals that may not fit into other topical forums on ATS. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Did you read "Participants should be aware that this forum is under close staff scrutiny due to general rudeness by some." Sounds like vetting to me. What I'm saying is:

edit on 10-1-2011 by igigi because: Antikythera mechanism

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I really think you are just trying to anger the crowd here, so to speak, so I'm gonna leave this one alone. It appears you have some sort of problem with conspiracy theories, and yet you post to a conspiracy theory website. Also, you stated that I "claim" to "know" the mind of that man. I claimed no such thing, as I stated "I imagine."

I'm sure we both can agree that this was a tragedy. I am also sure that we can agree that there will be discussion on this topic. Where we differ, it seems, is that you wish there not to be discussion on certain matters, and I feel that there will be discussion anyway so might as well let it happen as it is hurting none of the involved in any way.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982

I really think you are just trying to anger the crowd here, so to speak, so I'm gonna leave this one alone. It appears you have some sort of problem with conspiracy theories, and yet you post to a conspiracy theory website. Also, you stated that I "claim" to "know" the mind of that man. I claimed no such thing, as I stated "I imagine."

I'm sure we both can agree that this was a tragedy. I am also sure that we can agree that there will be discussion on this topic. Where we differ, it seems, is that you wish there not to be discussion on certain matters, and I feel that there will be discussion anyway so might as well let it happen as it is hurting none of the involved in any way.

I agree 100%. Bowing out might be the best option when dealing with:

By all means, defend those idiots who want to tie that little girls death to some whacky conspiracy theory about 9/11 but don't you dare try to convince me. I'll not have it and will "DIG" into you w/every fiber of my being, having no regrets.

Scary internets sticks and stones...

new topics

top topics

join