A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Litterate

Here`s the first two paragraphs of the article from your link...

Since the days of Reefer Madness, scientists have sought to understand the complex connection between marijuana and psychosis. Cannabis can cause short-term psychotic experiences, such as hallucinations and paranoia, even in healthy people, but researchers have also long noted a link between marijuana use and the chronic psychotic disorder, schizophrenia.

Repeatedly, studies have found that people with schizophrenia are about twice as likely to smoke pot as those who are unaffected. Conversely, data suggest that those who smoke cannabis are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia as nonsmokers. One widely publicized 2007 review of the research even concluded that trying marijuana just once was associated with a 40% increase in risk of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.

www.time.com...

Yet you think statistics is some sort of proof that drugs are not the cause in some people?

Just like the gun crowd who say "guns dont kill people,people kill people" then why not say "drugs don`t cause this,the person putting it into themself did"

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Am I understanding Jared was osting on ATS? (same comuter - will not tye the letter that means urine -lol)
Strange indeed. Now that news has said he took final shots of him with a glock and red g string or thong or something I am thinking he may have been confused about his sexual identity as well.

I know the guy was horrid but this whole thing stinks of a severe and untreated mental health issue.
The day he shot everyone he bought a donut, a soda and some energy bars. I know you will not take this as serious as you should (reader) however there is a correlation between high sugar consumtion and mental illness. A soda and a donut? eole who smoke ot are also exhibiting a sugar craving or reaction. Sugar can make you crazy or at least make you think you are.

I know.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Keith Oberman is an excitable boy but then so's Rush.

I think it would have been remiss for a newscaster not to suggest there may be some connection between the recent events and the heated discourse suggesting "candidates be taken out" and "reload" and the like. Whether it actually inflamed the issue or not.

Doesn't anyone remember when red heads were getting attacked when South ark aired a show atacking "Gingers?" You can't say discourse and what is shown on television doesn't affect the climate and the actions of folks.

Even if they are not watching the shows...it is the background noise and subliminally - It WILL sink in.

In fact, no one can say Jared Loughner was not affected, motivated and swayed by the heated rhetoric and violent imagery he may or may not have (knowingly) witnessed or heard. Not even now.
edit on 15-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
I find this downright tragic. I think Loughner actually has some good ideas, it just sucks he had to be violent, because it's so counter-productive. I still feel like he was brainwashed.

I look at his '___' use, and I'm thinking about how tptb has used '___' to mind control people. After the tragic event I'm looking at politicians politicizing this occurrence and targeting in on gun laws at a time where it has been suggested that tptb wanted to disarm the American people. Looks like it's working.

If Jared Loughner was as intelligent as others have said he was, then surely he would have thought about the consequences of resorting to arms and violence. Especially after much of the discussion that we have had here on ATS, saying violence is just shooting yourself in the foot. Let alone going on a rampage and killing a bunch of innocent people, it doesn't make sense to me why someone who cared so much about the state of the government and personal freedoms would destroy his own cause. Think about that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by Litterate

Here`s the first two paragraphs of the article from your link...

Since the days of Reefer Madness, scientists have sought to understand the complex connection between marijuana and psychosis. Cannabis can cause short-term psychotic experiences, such as hallucinations and paranoia, even in healthy people, but researchers have also long noted a link between marijuana use and the chronic psychotic disorder, schizophrenia.

Repeatedly, studies have found that people with schizophrenia are about twice as likely to smoke pot as those who are unaffected. Conversely, data suggest that those who smoke cannabis are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia as nonsmokers. One widely publicized 2007 review of the research even concluded that trying marijuana just once was associated with a 40% increase in risk of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.

www.time.com...

Yet you think statistics is some sort of proof that drugs are not the cause in some people?

Just like the gun crowd who say "guns dont kill people,people kill people" then why not say "drugs don`t cause this,the person putting it into themself did"

That data only tells us that if you to develop schizophrenia at a later stage of your life, the chances that you will at least try marihuana is a lot more likely. To clarify: Those who are genetically disposed to develop schizophrenia are very likely to smoke marihuana, even before it manifests itself.

This have lead to the belief that marihuana leads to schizophrenia. However, looking at the steady percentage of the population with schizophrenia, we can see that it doesn't. There isn't more schizophrenia when more marihuana is used. This undermines the previous notion that marihuana is the cause. It's rather an effect.

I'm not going to debate that using marihuana may not increase the severity or even "jumpstart" schizophrenia amongst those who are disposed for it. I'm neither going to say that anyone should use drugs.

I'm just pointing out that the statement "marihuana leads to schizophrenia" is a false statement, if you take into consideration all the scientific studies on the matter. Sadly, the science is usually divided into "good" or "bad" and only the science suited to the political agenda is used.

Edit: English is not my first language, so excuse any flaws in my grammar
edit on 15-1-2011 by Litterate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Litterate

That data only tells us that if you to develop schizophrenia at a later stage of your life, the chances that you will at least try marihuana is a lot more likely. To clarify: Those who are genetically disposed to develop schizophrenia are very likely to smoke marihuana, even before it manifests itself.

No it doesn`t say that and your using your biase to suggest it does say that.

I'm not going to debate that using marihuana may not increase the severity or even "jumpstart" schizophrenia amongst those who are disposed for it.

Strange? for one that what your link is saying that these drugs do.

I'm neither going to say that anyone should use drugs.

Yet you defend it? on a thread where innocent people have lost their lives at the hand of someone who is mentally ill someone who used drugs and had easy access to weapons.

I find it disrespectful to those who lost their lives and to their family members.

Also I have personally lost life long friends to their increased addiction to drugs and alcohol, people I`ll never get back and to hear often through out ATS people sprouting their opinion of aproval in the use of such drugs,where young people come here to read (some would lurk) I find it irresponsible and quite dangerous.

This will be my last comment of this and will keep it on topic from now.

PS also please pardon my bad grammer as I`m far less educated than most,though to quote Forrest Gump "stupid is as stupid does"
edit on 15-1-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is impossible to determine the difference between people like Jared and a regular strange person. No matter what we do we will never be able to predict or deter an incident like this from happening. What about Jeffery Dhamer?? According to witnesses he was a completely normal, well spoken individual. In addition there are many individuals with similarly absent minded tendencies who are completely harmless. It is impossible to find a killer mostly because well we all have that aggressive behavior in us. However its the ability to control/suppress that anger that either allows us to press on in our lives or act in a way much like Jared did.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xanaoded

For the most part I can agree with that,though with Jared`s life there were loud neon warning signs flashing that he had serious problems that wasn`t dealt with by his parents or his school,then add that to the fact he had weapons is a massive fail.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Rainman & numbers, possibly?
MKUltra??

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a repost, but it may be interesting for the few.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
there was another thread that has now been closed that was 100+ pages about a comment he made on someone elses myspace, here is the quote...

You shouldn't be afraid of the stars. There's a new bird on my right shoulder. The beak is two feet and lime green. The rarest bird on earth, there's no feathers, but small grey scales all over the body. It's with one large red eye with a light blue iris. The bird feet are the same as a woodpecker. This new bird and there's only one, the gender is not female or male. The wings of this bird are beautiful; 3 feet wide with the shape of a bald eagle that you could die for. If you can see this bird then you will understand. You think this bird is able to chat about a government?

did they ever find the meaning of the bird? could the bird just represent how he views his thought or ideas?

it also says "the gender is not female or male" and there was news that there were pictures of him posing in a g string
edit on 16-1-2011 by samson21 because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-1-2011 by samson21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by samson21

did they ever find the meaning of the bird?

My take is that it is a metaphor for an alien abduction. If you have seen 'close encounters of the 4th kind', the abductees experience a similar phenomenon in which the aliens are represented as owls to help mask their interventions. There are many different alien abduction stories and research around. While many of them are slightly different, it is really common to have your memory interfered with during these encounters.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by samson21

if this now is the alledged shooter
then it could be a metaphor for the bald eagle going bad or something
lime green beak being toxic waste or something in that direction "faul of mouth"
and the thalons or what they where symbolize "grip" or "goverment"
and the one eyed thing is not that hard , "tunnel vision"
bla bla bla bla

or the spaceshuttle and the patch as someone mentioned which could be a possible
connection ,

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by BruceWayne
I am not an expert on semantics, philosophy or mathematical theorems, but I hope that there are those who are well versed in these areas who might be able to point out things that have been missed.

Maybe we will find out what his personal paradigm was all about. Or maybe it's as simple as he just wanted to stop dreaming?

Finding out what was going on in his mind will change nothing.

Obviously he wasn't dreaming when he pulled out his gun and began shooting people.

Mission accomplished?

Finding out what happened in his mind may aid in the prevention of similar future atrocities.
It may also help to treat him as he is obviously confused and suffering. Perhaps if his mental state had been recognised and treated earlier there would not have been a bloodbath.

I'm not sure that it is that obvious that he wasn't dreaming when he pulled out his gun.
I think that he may have been experiencing some form of conscious dreaming as this was one of his core interests.

Waking Life was one of his favourite movies and delves into the philosophy and effects of conscious dreaming. It is definitely a building block of his personal mental construct and as such deserves examination to better understand what happened to Loughner.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
it is obvious that the "governemnt agencies" reviewing this guys posting is trying to get a profile on this mans state of mind. ATS is one of the more tame sites out there, compared to some that i have seen. most of the people that post on this site appear to have a more advanced set of crictical-thinking skills than some of the other foul-language-ranting sites. people here need to relax...there are alot more unhinged, extreme, websites out there than ATS.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

No it doesn`t say that and your using your biase to suggest it does say that.

I'm not biased about this. I'm not pro-drugs. I accept the negative effects of drugs as facts. The facts stated:

1. there is a link between marihuana and schizophrenia.

2. A person suffering from schizophrenia is about twice as likely to smoke pot, thus it have been believed to be the cause.

3. (in the next paragraph, the one I quoted) A general study of the entire population shows no increase in schizophrenia, but a gigantic increase in potsmoking. Thus the connection can not be that it's the cause, as previously believed.

When I'm saying I'm not going to debate something, it means that I'm not denieing those aspects of it. Yes, if you are developing schizophrenia, you are probably developing it faster if you use cannabis. The cannabis is not the cause though. The person developing schizophrenia would still develop the disease, at a slower pace. I'm not defending the use of drugs or alcohol, neither am I defending cutting oneself with a knife. I would however object if someone was to say that cutting oneself with a knife leads to psychological problems, even though there is a link between the two.

I'm not defending the use. However, when something is stated as a truth when it's not, I object.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceWayne

Jared Lee Loughner is a byproduct of human evolution, and there are more just like him out there.

Expect even more in the future, insanity and in particular personality disorders are at very high record levels among the youth.

Some people are full of rage for no apparent reason these days. For example, today while in line at a convenience store, this young guy behind me was frustrated with how long it was taking for the line to move, he pokes my shoulder and says "Whats wrong with that B---- shes F'n retarded" talking about the young lady working the register.. Then begins shouting at her, including more obscenities, most of the people there ignored him, but the girl behind the counter seemed to get emotional because of him, I finally shoved him and said calm down, he stuck his finger between my eyes like he was holding a gun while biting his lower lip, then walked out of the store. If he had a gun for real what would he have done?

The sad thing is I see this far too often and it can only get worse.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That is caused (imo) children who have been raised with both parents working.

but only a little.

These days all you are fed is negativity. Especially in the states. Michael Moore has made a docu on topic.
I definitely agree though people are hostile towards others but I can't say that this was different then it was in history

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is much more to this incident than meets the eye, alot of this man seems "groomed".
He had truths in what he said, and he was strong enough to state them with conviction.
I think he was a man, as the saying goes "Insanity may just be an individual with extremely high intelligence that is simply struggling to articulate that which he knows"

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepoProject

I agree Fractured.Facade, and it is a sad state of affairs. There are many flavours of crazy out there. Of course it's possible Loughner's just barking mad and mischievous too. Or just plain evil.
However I think that I find the JLL case interesting because I believe that he is/was trying to communicate something about his world view. And I kind of wanted to hear (and understand) what that was.
As I have said there does seem to be a logic and a method to his madness. Even if it were twisted logic it should be comprehensible to others.
It would seem to me that "meaning" in any conventional sense has transformed itself (or been transformed) so much in Jared's mind that his reality is lost in a chaotic flux.
It has also occurred to me that he may have some important knowledge or understanding which has blown his mind and that is why he committed this awful massacre.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join