Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountain Maize

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by OneisOne

It's interesting that those postings are so much more personal: discussing relationships and firings and things of that nature.

When you look at the time frame of those postings (April - June 2010), they predate the vast majority of his ATS postings, which occured in the span of a couple weeks in July.

I'm wondering if his mental state worsened, causing him to become more focused on these ideas of his (currency, language, etc.). I see from his ATS profile that he last visited the site in September. He was banned, but I'm guessing the admins did that recently, possibly to prevent someone from hacking the account and deleting posts or posting further. I assume Loughner wasn't banned due to anything he posted, because he was able to visited the site in September, months after his last ATS post.

On another thought, there are several posts on common currency and NWO on ATS. Do you think he worshipped what he read on ATS and went over the edge in his thought process? We do have several threads on ATS which are creative and well researched topics going into the depths of the politics and the current situation of US and global economy ? All the information, discussions and conspiracy theories (2012, Mayan Calender, NWO, Global Currenty) might have served as fuel for his fire which was obviously not on the right track.

The time frame seems to suggest that he was more into the Gaming sites and postings before spending more time on ATS for a good part of 2010 before snapping off last week.

From what I read of his postings on this site, he never really seems to have ventured off of his own threads, which makes me think that he came onto ATS seeking confirmation of ideas he had already formed in his head.

This video implies that Zeitgeist was the cause of his views on currency, but on his ATS postings, he seems completely unable to grasp the concept of hyperinflation. He was under the impression that an infinite amount of money could be created without devaluing the currency. The only idea that he seemed to take from Zeitgeist was that there is a group of individuals controlling the currency. This idea is mentioned in his postings, but like most of what he wrote on ATS, it is next to impossible to fully comprehend due to his bizarre use of syllogisms.

Here's the thread he started regarding infinite currency.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Mountain Maize because: (no reason given)

Yes. I remember seeing the thread about Zeitgeist on ATS. You are on the same track as I am. Perhaps he wanted some sort of confirmation with regards to his ideas even though they were deeply flawed and incomplete not to mention incoherrant. However this is where I remember my grandfather who used to say "Son, you're not allowed to be sitting here when the adults are conversing. Go to your room or play outside". My grandfather knew that certain topics should not be discussed in front of weak or young minds until they are accepted as adults by the society or the family. Despite the fact that Jared was 22, i think this is one of the side affects of Internet where one can do incomplete research and diverge into a totally different direction of thought process way off the mainstream or normal thinking average individuals. Who is to stop a already mentally unstable person to access the internet and brainwash himself. Not sure how much he even discussed or clarified the questions in life as he grew older with his father or friends. At certain age for someone like Jared, being a loner and mentally unfit, it wouldnt be too hard to be sucked extremely deep into some of the negativity floating around the internet and anti government groups in a state like AZ. They answer their own questions and belief system by trying to convince others such as ourselves on ATS or through youtube and then conclude that their belief system and theory is correct and eventually act up by exploding out in the public when provoked by their own thought process or unknown entities (a good candidacy for manchurian candidate).

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

Apparently Bruce Ivins, a scientist who was believed to be responsible for the 2001 anthrax posted on ATS

From www.truecrimereport.com...

Ivins, using some of the names above, posted messages at AboveTopSecret.com, an online forum devoted to discussions of conspiracy theories, the paranormal, and supernatural subjects. Ivins posted messages and began threads about the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Mountain Maize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This is pretty much what I was thinking. This guy gets an idea in his head, and is able to find what he considers proof of his theories from stuff he found online, something he would have never been able to do until the last few years. As far as getting involved with anti-government groups or even being influenced by them, I haven't really found much proof about that, but I'm sure we'll find out a lot more about Loughner in the coming weeks.

One can gain insight about what was going on in his head from his postings on ATS and other sites as well as his YouTube videos. He first discussed personal topics on other sites before coming to ATS where he began discussing "infinite currency", "infinite time", and things of that nature. These topics are the subject of his YouTube videos as well, which end about a month prior to the shooting.

What I'm wondering is what happened to change his focus from the more abstract topics discussed on ATS and in the videos to Congresswoman Gifford? There may be something to the Manchurian Candidate theory. Loughner mentioned brainwashing to his school counselor and in his videos and a handful of community college officials and police officers has stated that he was often in a trance-like state and they believed he was using some pretty serious drugs. He also seemed to have some pretty serious sociopathic tendencies (discussing strapping bombs to babies, cutting bodies open, and talking about rape, all at very inappropriate times without provacation).

There's some stuff about the suspected drug use and trance-like state in here:

www.cnn.com...

edit on 13-1-2011 by Mountain Maize because: sorry about the excessive quoting. I think i've got the hang of it now.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Someone called erad3 out on one of his threads (Empty NASA Shuttles) for being the same person as savvys84

savvys84 was apparently banned some time ago. I haven't had time to look into it yet, just throwing it out there.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kungfucious

Definitely not.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kungfucious

Can't find the post now, too much garbage to tunnel through. I believe when it was brought up, the IP's were found to have originated from totally different continents.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Despite the fact that Jared was 22, i think this is one of the side affects of Internet where one can do incomplete research and diverge into a totally different direction of thought process way off the mainstream or normal thinking average individuals. Who is to stop a already mentally unstable person to access the internet and brainwash himself.

What I'm wondering is what happened to change his focus from the more abstract topics discussed on ATS and in the videos to Congresswoman Gifford?

Loughner apparently became obsessed with Gifford several years back because of his frustration over what he perceived to be her inability to answer his question, "If words have no meaning, what is government?"

Unstable souls have been spawned by humanity for centuries. Most can manage their way through life without harming anyone -- but as we've seen, the inspiration that may trigger these people to cause harm can come from anywhere: from rock music to the "wrong" color on a bus stop ad. When you toss drugs into the mix, all bets are off.

Based on his participation here, he didn't seem interested in the wide range of government-critical topics. Of the nearly 600,000 different topics available, he choose some exceptionally obscure issues in which to contribute.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Loughner apparently became obsessed with Gifford several years back because of his frustration over what he perceived to be her inability to answer his question, "If words have no meaning, what is government?"

I just read that he kept a letter that she gave him back in 2007 in a box along with an an envelope with phrases such as "die bitch" and "assassination plans have been made". I'm so shocked that this kind of behavior went on for so long without serious attempts to intervene. Plenty of people that knew him have come on the news and talk about how they were afraid to be around and suspected he would do something like a shooting, but nobody made any serious attempts to get help for him, which is remarkable considering he had several run ins with the law, was known to use hallucinogens regularly, and was apparently incapable of dealing with authority figures at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Honestly I think he was speaking on the Constitution; e.g. "If [the] words [in the Constitution] have no meaning [sic. are ignored/broken], what is government?

Although it definitely speaks to his mentality if he thought that question should immediately spark an adequate response.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountain Maize

not to defend him in any way but the folks coming out of the woodwork to talk about his behavior and how they knew he would one day snap etc are, sometimes, doing these things for personal reasons. People love to associate themselves with a tragedy and people love to be in the spotlight.

Post 9/11, I received tons of calls from people I hadn't heard from in years who wanted to make sure I was ok, make sure my friends and family were ok etc. They wanted to be better connected to a tragedy.

I don't know if this is the case but, seriously, exgirlfriends are now talking about him and the guy seemed pretty clear in his comments elsewhere that he had trouble getting dates. Seems to me they might be overstating their relationships for the sake of seeing themselves on tv.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Despite the fact that Jared was 22, i think this is one of the side affects of Internet where one can do incomplete research and diverge into a totally different direction of thought process way off the mainstream or normal thinking average individuals. Who is to stop a already mentally unstable person to access the internet and brainwash himself.

What I'm wondering is what happened to change his focus from the more abstract topics discussed on ATS and in the videos to Congresswoman Gifford?

Unstable souls have been spawned by humanity for centuries. Most can manage their way through life without harming anyone -- but as we've seen, the inspiration that may trigger these people to cause harm can come from anywhere: from rock music to the "wrong" color on a bus stop ad. When you toss drugs into the mix, all bets are off.

Based on his participation here, he didn't seem interested in the wide range of government-critical topics. Of the nearly 600,000 different topics available, he choose some exceptionally obscure issues in which to contribute.

True. Drugs do play a big part for most of the crimes. However upto certain extent lack of external help available to individuals in the form of Social Pressure could have helped or avoid the situation too. I am not talking about counselling. I am referring to input from friends, family or relatives. Unfortunately there is a big Social and Cultural Vacuum in several parts of the country.
edit on 13-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

There are always people like that who do it for the attention after the fact, but I was referring more to the people at the community college and the police who have had contact with him.

Stuff like this from e-mails several months prior to the shooting:

We do have one student in the class who was disruptive today, I'm not certain yet if he was on drugs (as one person surmised) or disturbed. He scares me a bit. The teacher tried to throw him out and he refused to go, so I talked to the teacher afterward. Hopefully he will be out of class very soon, and not come back with an automatic weapon.

- Lynda Sorenson, 52, an algebra classmate of Loughner's

"I always felt, you know, somewhat paranoid. When I turned my back to write on the board, I would always turn back quickly - to see if he had a gun."

- Ben McGahee, an instructor at Pima Community College who taught Loughner in the elementary algebra class

Link: E-mails show some feared Jared Loughner was dangerous

With his behavior and prior history with police, it's surprising that he never received any kind of mental health treatment as far as the state knows.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountain Maize

I hadn't realized these quotes were from emails sent prior to the incident. I'm curious as to who they were sent to and why they didn't do more with the school to try and get him help.

The school suspended him and said he could come back with a clean bill of mental health and his parents, somehow, didn't do anything about it.

It'll be interesting to hear from them, when they finally do speak. he lived with them. they should be held accountable to some degree.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Some various thoughts about his state of mind...

One article I read interviewed some of Jared's old friends who said he used to go up to people randomly and ask them some crazy question just to get a reaction out of them (he thrived on chaos and feeling intellectually superior.) Seems very similar to the question he asked Giffords and was upset because she didn't understand it. I think that he thought of himself as very smart and on a higher level of understanding than everyone else and when people didn't understand the way he tried to communicate his views (infinite time, infinite currency, life as a dream) he became upset, angry, and internally violent. This became very clear in a college setting where people are encouraged to voice their understanding and debate amongst their peers. He became upset at professors and classmate for violating his "freedom of speech" and "freedom of thought."

I think people might be making more out of the CLASSITUP10 user account on youtube than there is. These statements strongly look like they are simple exercises Jared was attempting to do for a freshman logic/philosophy course. The media interviewed his Philosophy instructor (forget which channel) and the name "classitup10" further leads me to believe that these statements where his direct attempts at completing these logic exercises for homework, or a derivation thereof (his own mind trying to use that logic to justify/explicate his beliefs on the internet.)

I also wanted to point out that just because Jared came into contact with various ideas and groups of people in the last 6 months or 1 year that his condition intensified prior to the shooting does not mean that any of the phenomena he came into contact with was a cause or contributing factor in his decisions.

One thing that I wanted to talk about was his drug use and his actions the night before the shooting. Multiple friends have stated that he became a frequent user of SALVIA (divinorum?) I have used it once or twice when I was in high school but had the pleasure of watching some of my friends do it over the Christmas holidays. None of them had much of a pleasant experience, but they all started either a) laughing hysterically b) mumbling incoherently or c) their eyes glazed over and they "zonked out" immediately after smoking, with an uncomfortable hangover about 15 minutes later. None of them were regular users but I wondered if anyone on this forum had any experience (or someone they knew) with long term use of salvia, and could write about their experiences (conjecture?)

Also, I just read that Jared spent the night at a hotel the night of the shooting. This, along with the story about missing the stop sign, his dad chasing him in the morning, and his mugshot, leads me to believe that Jared was on hard drugs the entire night of the shooting, perhaps in preparation of the event.

From what his friends describe and we can see of his household it leads me to believe that his dad probably does or did do drugs and that it probably wasn't a big deal for Jared to smoke pot and/or salvia in his room (my speculation only!), sometimes parents do that and pretend it isn't happening.

So Jared spending the night in a hotel to me means at least one of two things. 1) jared was using harder drugs than his parents were comfortable with OR 2) jared got into a fight with his parents (dad) over something that would have caused Jared to run off (drugs, possibly his mental state?) I would prefer to think that his parents would not drive him out of the house if he is in a fragile mental state or would call someone if he was tending towards violence.

My speculation leads me to believe that Jared began using harder drugs (meth, speed, PCP?) recently and this led to several things that we are seeing in the news. His rapidly increasing sickness of his mind, the deterioration of his personal relationships, rapidly deteriorating limits on his social behavior, his increasing obsession with lucid dreaming (or seeing life as a dream within a dream,) the all night drug binge at the hotel the night before the shooting, and lastly that wicked grinning mugshot after a 24 hour drug binge, where his friends can't even recognize his face.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My speculation leads me to believe that Jared began using harder drugs (meth, speed, PCP?) recently and this led to several things that we are seeing in the news

I am HIGHLY offended by the people that blame this on pot. If he smoked pot, he would be going to Safeway for only one thing...Munchies !!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I just want to point out the picture I saw in this thread does NOT look like the picture from his college days at the University of Arizona! How can we know for sure if the authorities are not playing mind games with ATS and the public?

He gets an account here and makes 4 ROBOTIC threads and a few robotic replies in other threads, then stops posting and months later takes a cab to go shot people at a safeway super-market with god knows who the target was since there were so many victims.

Something does NOT sound right here but it suprises me that everyone thinks he just another loco(spanish for crazy) rather than something much, much more sinister such as a plot to take down conspiracy sites and push for gun bans across the nation.

Problem, Reaction, Solution is how the NWO works so according to this time tested infamous strategy why wouldn't the government try it again and again and again? What about JFK and Lee Harvey Oswald? Was LHO just another run of the mill loco, a CIA patsy that was later released with new identity papers, an MK-Ultra manchurian candidate or what??? How come we NEVER learn the truth..........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I just want to point out the picture I saw in this thread does NOT look like the picture from his college days at the University of Arizona! How can we know for sure if the authorities are not playing mind games with ATS and the public?

Looks like the same guy to me,just a bit older with a shaved head and gotten mentally ill through the use of drugs.

Something does NOT sound right here but it suprises me that everyone thinks he just another loco(spanish for crazy) rather than something much, much more sinister such as a plot to take down conspiracy sites and push for gun bans across the nation.

From just this one horrific event,we have all heard here the gun crowd yelling "their trying to take our guns off us"the drug crowd "their trying to put the blame on drugs" the conspiracy crowd "their trying to shut down our sites"

Please please,this is making my head hurt.

edit on 14-1-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Occupational Hazards

Originally posted by gps777

This is ATS.

There will be theories.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Occupational Hazards

Originally posted by gps777

This is ATS.

There will be theories.

A New slogan in the works?

"There will be theories" I like it ..

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join