It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by hp1229

No disrespect taken
Disrespect would be posting something by one of the owners or his staff or whoever posted it, wanting to" take a look" inside the mind of one of its members. How would you like it if you woke up one morning, logged on to ATS only to find a thread on the front page for the whole world to see entitled " A look inside the mind of hp1229 (most likely your name)? ATS is throwing its members under the bus for what? Shame, Shame ,Shame on ATS.

Roger that. Especially if I came back from a long vacation and saw the post

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

It just kills me that ATS has to resort to the equivalent of a modern day witch hunt on its own members. We all know that this person Jared is a mentally ill individual , and so what if he is a member.What light is his posting really going to shed on his persons. The real issue here is that ATS is not concerned with its members privacy in the least.Its all a number game to them. One day its going to bite them right in the kisser.Mark my words.now if you excuse me, I am going to return to the religious forums where morals and dignity mean something ( at least to me) OO-
edit on 12-1-2011 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It just kills me that ATS has to resort to the equivalent of a modern day witch hunt on its own members.

It should be noted - yet again - that the 'witch hunt' occurred off site. ATS made the decision to meet this unsolicited and undesired information rather than avoid it.

I would like to remind everyone that there is the option to not post on this website.

There are many other websites that specifically data mine and share personal information...without people ever knowing. ATS is not one of them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

It should be noted - yet again - that the 'witch hunt' occurred off site.

your wrong. ATS is doing its own 'witch hunt' by providing this thread.

I would like to remind everyone that there is the option to not post on this website.
Oh, in other words this is a kind way of saying 'if you dont like it leave'. Well just to let you know, I dont like this and Im staying :p.

There are many other websites that specifically data mine and share personal information...without people ever knowing. ATS is not one of them.

Thats a interesting quote memoryshock, Why hide individuals personal information when you can blatantly throw it out there for the whole world to see such as ATS has done.What is ATS' gain by doing this?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

Originally posted by yourblank101
reply to post by aceto

Really cryptic video, Who knows what he really was trying to convey... Death to the USA?
Hope you know that's not Jared Loughner. It was in his favourites though.

It is probable that it is Jared in the video. It was his only favorite. The terrain looks right as well.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Someone googled that number that is in the video. It led them to the thread here. The owner decided to head it off at the pass, be open about it rather than silence people. Don't see what you are making a big deal out of. If he had tried the other route and deleted references to it, people would be jumping up and down trying to make a conspiracy of it.

The first connection was made in this thread if you care to look, you are gonna have to dig like 30 pages in at least if I remember right. And through a lot of partisan bickering nonesense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No the owner of this site tried to appease the media rather than protect one of its members before it had any concrete evidence that Jared was erad3. Am I the only one here that sees this?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

No the owner of this site tried to appease the media rather than protect one of its members before it had any concrete evidence that Jared was erad3. Am I the only one here that sees this?

So we should just be quiet and not discuss something that may 'involve' this site?

Can you explain to me how that makes sense?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's an article that I found from the Christian Science Monitor:

Five Strange Ideas Held By The Arizona Shooter

The first idea listed caught my attention: grammar as mind control. When I saw this, the first thing I thought of was Orwell's concept of newspeak, but the article links it to something entirely different, the ideas of a man by the name of David Wynn Miller, who said in regards to Loughner: "I expect he’s been on my website... He’s just repeating things I’ve had up on my site the past 11 years."

This comes from Miller's Wikipedia page:

Miller lived in Ohio before moving to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and he describes himself as a "Plenipotentiary-Judge", an ambassador, banker, postmaster,[8] King of Hawaii, and a genius.[9][10][11]

On April 6, 1988, Miller invented what he calls the Mathematical Interface for Language or Quantum-Math-Communications and Language[12] or Correct-Language.[13] According to Miller, his language is "for the stopping-claims of the Theft, Cheating, Fraud, Slavery and War."[12] Miller's language uses sentences that begin with prepositional phrases, using the word For, are at least thirteen words long, and have many more nouns than verbs. According to Miller, only nouns have legal authority. The language has an abundance of punctuation. Miller explains:

FOR THE FORMS OF OUR PUNCTUATIONS ARE WITH THE CLAIM OF THE USE: FULL-COLON=POSITION-LODIO-FACTS, HYPHEN=COMPOUND-FACTS =KNOWN, PERIOD=END-THOUGHT, COMMA-PAUSE, AND LOCATION-TILDES WITH THE MEANINGS AND USES OF THE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE FULL-COLON OF THE POSITION-LODIAL-FACT-PHRASE WITH THE FACT/KNOWN-TERM OF THE POSITIONAL-LODIO-FACT-PHRASE AND WITH THE VOID OF THE NOM-DE-GUERRE = DEAD-PERSON.[12]

According to Miller's teaching, the addition of hyphens and colons to one's name turns one from an ordinary, taxable human into a non-taxable “prepositional phrase.” They are distinguished from the names listed at birth in all capital letters (as on a birth certificate), which he claims turns one into a taxable Person (Corporation). (e.g., DAVID WYNN MILLER as opposed to
avid-Wynn: Miller.).

When I saw this, I immediately thought of the famous American mathematician John Forbes Nash, a Nobel Prize winning schizophrenic who was the basis for the movie A Beautiful Mind. While the movie takes liberties with Nash's life story, the biography by the same name describes his attempts to seek political asylum in France, his belief that aliens were sending him hidden messages through the New York Times, and that he thought he appeared on the cover of LIFE magazine disguised as the pope, claiming that he knew this because 23 was his favorite prime number.

The reason I bring up Nash was that the thing about the NY Times sending encrypted messages reminds me of Miller's ideas about grammar. It just seems like the kind of thing a schizophrenic would eat up.

I don't know if Loughner is a schizophrenic or not, but his seeming detachment from reality and his obsession with extremely abstract ideas like "infinite currency" and "conscious dreaming" suggest that he suffers from the illness and that it may have begun only recently, possibly within the past few years or even more recently.

Any thoughts?
edit on 12-1-2011 by Mountain Maize because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

The owner of this site is NOT the only one to have made the decision. I'm beginning to think that you only care to stir the pot with this issue.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The owner of this site is NOT the only one to have made the decision.

Where was my input? Dont kid yourself Jack. The owner of this site doesnt need your opinion or anyone elses when making a decision regarding his website.

I'm beginning to think that you only care to stir the pot with this issue.

That's right. Im standing up for what I believe is right. Whats wrong with that?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

No you're not, you just want attention.

Unlike some, I am not in the business of coddling your capriciousness and histrionic attitude.
If you do not like how things went down, use the complaint feature.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ok, this thread is supposed to be about the posts made by a member who might be Jared Loughner. Whether or not we made the right decision in our handling of this matter is not the topic and, as such, I'm asking that all discussion in that direction end now. If you cannot discuss the posts and how they might relate to the Az shooter, then do not post in this thread.

If you want to start a new thread about whether, or not, we did the right thing, do so but do not, let me repeat, do not discuss it here.

Any off topic posts, from this point on, will be removed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Mod note: No, really. Please stay on topic.

edit on 1/12/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This article from the Wall Street Journal discusses postings from Loughner on video gaming forums.

Wall Street Journal

erad is among the usernames that the WSJ claims he has used in the past. Postings believed to be by Loughner appear on sites other than ATS using a similar username, strongly suggesting that Loughner is erad3.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountain Maize

Your comments about mathetmatics and schizophrenia are interesting. In the video below, you can see the story of a young girl (gradeschool aged) who has been diagnosed schizophrenic. Interestingly, she too has a bizzare fixation on and relationship to numbers and dates. She has legions of hallucinatory "imaginary friends" which are also numbers or dates. They have names like "300," "378" or "Wednesday." Sometimes she experiences auditory hallcuinations where the numbers instruct her to do (often violent) things. At one point she says she wants to be a "number checker" when she grows up. She explains that this job entails "drawing numbers' blood to make them feel better."

edit on 1/12/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountain Maize
This article from the Wall Street Journal discusses postings from Loughner on video gaming forums.

Wall Street Journal

erad is among the usernames that the WSJ claims he has used in the past. Postings believed to be by Loughner appear on sites other than ATS using a similar username, strongly suggesting that Loughner is erad3.

Thank you for posting that Mountain Maize! I had posted it two pages back, but it got ran over by off topic posts.

I have been reading some of the things that were posted on the other site and I can honestly say it is a good day to be a member of ATS. If he had posted those things here, the mods would have shut him down. At least we only got the conspiracy side of his ramblings and not the violent side.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

From what I understand, a case of schizophrenia at such a young age is different from a case at Loughner's age (22), which is close to the typical age for the onset of schizophrenia. I've seen other videos about young schizophrenics who turned violent at times just like the girl in this video. The number thing seems pretty unique though.

You might find a few things from this article interesting.

From voices.washingtonpost.com...:

On his first day in class, McGahee said, Loughner yelled out a random number during a lesson, then asked the instructor a strange question. "How can you deny math instead of accepting it?" he yelled.

On another test, McGahee said, Loughner wrote the words "Eat+Sleep+Brush Teeth=Math." "He just miserably failed the test," McGahee said.

Both those incidents seem reminiscent of the little girl in the video and John Nash. The more I hear about this guy, the more I think schizophrenia is a real possibility.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Mountain Maize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It's interesting that those postings are so much more personal: discussing relationships and firings and things of that nature.

When you look at the time frame of those postings (April - June 2010), they predate the vast majority of his ATS postings, which occured in the span of a couple weeks in July.

I'm wondering if his mental state worsened, causing him to become more focused on these ideas of his (currency, language, etc.). I see from his ATS profile that he last visited the site in September. He was banned, but I'm guessing the admins did that recently, possibly to prevent someone from hacking the account and deleting posts or posting further. I assume Loughner wasn't banned due to anything he posted, because he was able to visited the site in September, months after his last ATS post.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join