It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Member privacy is and has always been a foremost concern.

According to the T&C this site has no intention at all when it comes to protecting members privacy.

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

We have not publicly disclosed any information about the account not already viewable in the member profile for erad3,
except for his name. Im not talking about his screen name. Maybe I am just being a tad bit "obtuse" and or "utterly clueless" according to the site owner, but I am still unable to locate in the T&C where I have given ATS the authority to publish my real name.

6. ATS is an online discussion community. Posts made in the public forums are viewable by the public and accessible via search engines. Members should be aware that content posted to publicly-viewable forums has no reasonable expectation of privacy.
Yes they do.I signed up under the screen name Oliveoil Its my understanding that ATS can use this name and everything that oliveoil has posted as they seem fit. Thats fine. However, when they come out and post (for every one to see) my real name, not only have they broke there own terms and conditions, they might have broke the law.

edit on 12-1-2011 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by oliveoil because: correct spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Regardless, If ATS intentionally posted for all to read, my threads and posts,(with out my consent) believe you me, there would be a lawsuit filed.FYI, I do believe that ATS does not have consent to post to the general public anything that its members (identifying who there are ) or ( presuming who they are) post. If any one can point out where the T&C says otherwise I would much appreciate it.

You've lost me, active posts and threads are available for 'the general public' to read anyway! I am aware that anyone could read any post I have created, without my consent....so....?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Your real name is not required for registration and does not exist anywhere on ATS unless you provide it yourself. There is no field for real names in member profiles.

Your claim about intention is not supported by the facts.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I live in a city. I own a car. I also like taking cabs, esp. at night, because I don't like driving anymore. If you planned on shooting up a bunch of people and probably planned on dying yourself, would you drive there or take a cab, or walk?

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
May regret jumping into this hornet's nest but I just wanted to inquire about the accused's transportation:

The very last paragraph on the second page of this news article states:

“He would call me at 2 a.m. and asked, ‘Are you hanging out in front of my house, stalking me?’ He started to get really paranoid, and said he did not want to see us anymore and did not trust us,” Mr. Gutierrez said, referring to himself and another friend. “He thought we were plotting to kill him or steal his car.”

NYT Article: Interview w/ Loughner Friend Gutierrez

STEAL HIS CAR???

I thought he took a taxi because the supposed person of interest ended up being the taxi driver.

Just looking for clarification. Not saying it would be impossible for a car owner to take a taxi. IMO I am fairly certain with the available data that we may be dealing with a disturbed mind and looking for reason without direct access to all data is maddening at best.

Thoughts? or just go ahead and hit me with the wrath of your bombast...
edit on 1/12/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Fact is is that ATS published the name Jared Loughner as being one of its members. www.abovetopsecret.com... portraying him as a nut case
What kind of privacy is that? If any web site ever took my name and tagged it to one of its loony members and portrayed me in a negative way, they would have a law suit on there hands, Regardless of truth or not. In this case there is no truth that Jared Loughner is erad3. ATS suggests otherwise

here on ATS has resulted in an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner
where is this proof? There is no name associated with the user name erad3

edit on 12-1-2011 by oliveoil because: wrong page

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Is your real name Olive Oil? That's all we are ever going to know you by. Unless you do something so heinous the entire country is trying to figure out what motivated you. You also keep bringing up the TOS. Don't you think the site owner has read that document? In case you haven't noticed. You are posting on the WORLD WIDE WEB.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A lawsuit for what? Libel?

Good luck with that one...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As the post you linked to explains, we don't really know if erad3 is actually Jared Loughner. There is a lot of evidence suggesting they are the same person, but no direct link between those two names.

That was one of our concerns when speculation about the two first emerged, and the title of this thread still reflects the fact that we can't be 100% sure. The first thread on ATS addressing the possible connection was temporarily closed, but with discussion of the similarities between erad3 and Jared Loughner taking place on other sites (the first posts I've seen making the connection were on Reddit) and making their way into the mass media (and back to ATS again), there was no practical way to prevent them. Nor is it clear that we should try.

We do respect member privacy and try to protect it, but we can't prevent members from revealing themselves either directly or indirectly.

While there's no direct nominal link (since ATS doesn't ask for real names), the material posted by erad3 is so uniquely similar in so many ways to material posted elsewhere under the name of Jared Loughner that it is probable they are the same. Not certain, but probable, and I think we've been reasonably clear about that.

If you are aware of any material discrepancies in my statements here, by all means please don't hesitate to point them out. But at this point I think we're going in circles here.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
More information on the AZ shooter posted on Drudgereport.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

As the post you linked to explains, we don't really know if erad3 is actually Jared Loughner. There is a lot of evidence suggesting they are the same person, but no direct link between those two names.
no Majic Im sorry, the post that I linked was the thread titled "A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)" this title suggested that erad3 is Jared Loughner. Sounds pretty certain to me

We do respect member privacy and try to protect it,
truth is Majik, ATS has no policy regarding the protection of its members at all.Actually, its the total opposite.

While there's no direct nominal link (since ATS doesn't ask for real names), the material posted by erad3 is so uniquely similar in so many ways to material posted elsewhere under the name of Jared Loughner that it is probable they are the same. Not certain, but probable, and I think we've been reasonably clear about that.
Regardless if the information leads to the FACT that this is indeed Jared Loughner, ATS still has no right to connect a real name with one of its members names.Regardless of who it is.
edit on 12-1-2011 by oliveoil because: 789

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Im sorry, the post that I linked was the thread titled "A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)" this title suggested that erad3 is Jared Loughner. Sounds pretty certain to me

I'm not seeing how "most-likely" equates to "certain", and it seems you are not understanding what I'm actually saying.

I'm sorry, but I really don't think I can put it any more clearly than I already have.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Majic

Fact is is that ATS published the name Jared Loughner as being one of its members. www.abovetopsecret.com... portraying him as a nut case
What kind of privacy is that? If any web site ever took my name and tagged it to one of its loony members and portrayed me in a negative way, they would have a law suit on there hands, Regardless of truth or not. In this case there is no truth that Jared Loughner is erad3. ATS suggests otherwise

here on ATS has resulted in an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner
where is this proof? There is no name associated with the user name erad3

edit on 12-1-2011 by oliveoil because: wrong page

+1

how did you come to the assumption that he is who you think he is?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by For Truth

could be you have the money on the spot ,
obsession and projection of anger
but with the "youtube account subscription"
the obsession becomes a wierd topic
almost as if its a crime of passion

could be im speculation to hard on it , but its a wierd connection non the less
but why hurt an astronauts wife in order to attack nasa , it make little sence
in a "beat the system" agenda , to me its more a personal thing some how
just cant pin point it

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ov3rdos3

Please go back and read the opening post.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents. If ATS is hosting its own website (which I'm sure they are) and if they are tracking their website (which I'm very optimistic) then I do not see any reason why it cannot be traced back to the ISP in the town/city where the AZ shooter lived. However to be able to precisely pin point the house or origin of network packets, there are some legal steps to go through. Generally the law enforcement agencies have a better handle on requesting this information or even obtain directly. Once this has occured, then one can affirmatively conclude that 'erad3' is/was indeed 'Jared Loughner'. Besides the topic of this post clearly indicates "Most Likely" and not the word 'IS or Definitely". Jared's membership has been on other websites as well. If possible the posts should be compared to see if they closely resemble the posts/comments that 'erad3' has posted on ATS.
edit on 12-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I'm sorry, but I really don't think I can put it any more clearly than I already have.
Majik, Its clear enough.Bottom line is that ATS condones the practice of matching up individuals to its members.Regardless of proof or not. This should not be aloud. How would you like it if someone, or in this case a web site, matched, or is trying to match you up with a lunatic?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Besides the topic of this post clearly indicates "Most Likely" and not the word 'IS or Definitely"

Yes however if you scroll down just a little bit you find this statement

evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner

sounds affirmative to me

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Besides the topic of this post clearly indicates "Most Likely" and not the word 'IS or Definitely"

evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner

sounds affirmative to me

No disrespect to you in anyway.

"anecdotal evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner."

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

sounds affirmative to me

But you are also correct in your own way. One should really wait until conclusive evidence has been presented by the authorities to ATS so that they can post that 'erad3' indeed was the shooter in AZ and not a another individual who probably saw the videos on youtube and decided to plagiarize the content by creating posts and messages. The web can speculate and post thousands of things but we here at ATS are in search of the TRUTH/FACTS.

It just occured to me that what we have been discussing effectively is the true identity of the person on the other side of the website. Does the president's initiative for a unique INTERNET ID ring a bell?
edit on 12-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

No disrespect taken
Disrespect would be posting something by one of the owners or his staff or whoever posted it, wanting to" take a look" inside the mind of one of its members. How would you like it if you woke up one morning, logged on to ATS only to find a thread on the front page for the whole world to see entitled " A look inside the mind of hp1229 (most likely your name)? ATS is throwing its members under the bus for what? Shame, Shame ,Shame on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join