It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Points Of Order

It's not unusual for ATSers to disagree on pretty much anything, and so it's no surprise to see a variety of concerns arise over something as sensitive as this.

Skepticism is intrinsic to the ATS community, thus it is expected and understood that members will always be keeping a close eye on the staff and what we do, so no surprises there. That's how it should be.

I do have my own concerns about some unsubstantiated claims being made about ATS and the actions of the staff in this case, so I offer the following facts, based on my own observations:

1. To the best of my knowledge, all actions taken by the staff in this case are supported by the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use. It is, as always, the foundation for our decisions.

2. Any member who observes any violation of the terms & conditions or believes the ATS staff has violated them in some way is always welcome to ALERT offending posts or submit a complaint and let us know. If the complaint is valid, we will seek to make things right.

3. To the best of my knowledge, all actions taken by the staff in this case are consistent with the AboveTopSecret.com Privacy Policy. Member privacy is and has always been a foremost concern. It is, along with courtesy, one of my passions as both a member and a moderator. Concerns about member privacy heavily influenced early staff decisions regarding this matter and might falsely be interpreted as an initial effort to cover things up. In reality, we just wanted to make sure we weren't doing anything inappropriate.

4. We have not publicly disclosed any information about the account not already viewable in the member profile for erad3, such as email or IP addresses, and have no plans to. This is consistent with our privacy policies for all ATS accounts.

5. This post accurately reflects the staff consensus regarding the erad3 account. Additionally, and as previously mentioned in this thread, the decision to embrace transparency on the issue (without violating ATS policy) was unanimous on the part of all staff members involved.

6. ATS is an online discussion community. Posts made in the public forums are viewable by the public and accessible via search engines. Members should be aware that content posted to publicly-viewable forums has no reasonable expectation of privacy.

If there are any discrepancies or errors in these statements, please don't hesitate to let me know, either here in the thread or via U2U.

It seems inevitable that no matter what we may do as staff members, we will be accused of sinister motives. The truth is we really do run the site as best we can based on the terms & conditions, our best judgment and a genuine concern for our community.

We're not perfect, but hopefully good enough.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

I signed up under the notion that I could obtain secret information obtaining ufos. If anyone could get this info what would be the point of ATS. I was under the impression that only ATS members could get such info.

This seems to be your main complaint,that you were already disgruntled with ATS because you were wrong when you had the impression of obtaining access to WATS you would somehow become a member of the elite as far as top secret information is concerned with ufo`s,were you also under the impression that in accessing such top secret information you would be sworn to secrecy with the penalty of death or something? not just spending a few ATS points that anyone can earn, heck dude its a public forum for goodness sake.

Jeepers! if any information like that was to hit ATS it will be made front page as it does and is,not hidden away in WATS,you really dont understand ATS.

As far this whole thing with erad3 imo if exposing the identity of a murderer after the fact is wrong (something that was already all over the web, be that regardless) then I have not a clue on whats right and I`m disturbed that some only see that as the biggest crime here.

edit on 12-1-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've been following this entire story very closely and have read all of Loughner's posts here and watched his videos on YT. I think that he was (obviously) obsessed with Giffords. Only I believe that he may have been attracted to her and thought they were kindred spirits possible.

I think that that delusion of his was crushed the day he asked her a question at a conference and she did not respond to his liking. From then on he had a vendetta against her.

I also think that him attacking NASA in his threads on ATS may have been (known or unknown to him) a way to attack or discredit Gifford's husband, Mark Kelley, the astronaut.

This is all speculation, but perhaps subconsciously he was trying to hurt Giffords by hurting NASA.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

This was a response to something specific that was being said in another thread at the time. I understand what you're saying. I just found it interesting that I had commented on romantisizing violence here in this community, and now that topic has surfaced with this. I would much rather see ATS get positive attention through the media for something else other than this. My criticism was pointed at other posters, not the Mods in particular.
I feel the staff here does a great job the majority of the time.
edit on 12-1-2011 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Banning the account does something? I mean we wouldnt want him logging into ATS from his jail cell.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

I mean we wouldnt want him logging into ATS from his jail cell.

It is the responsibility of the corrections system as to what he can and cannot log into.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

It is the responsibility of the corrections system as to what he can and cannot log into.

Obviously. I still dont see anyone in their right mind handing a soon to be convicted killer a laptop to check his email. I dont care I just found it funny that ATS banned the account like hes ever going to log into it again.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I just found it funny that ATS banned the account like hes ever going to log into it again.

There where many organisations and people that quickly wanted to disassociate any connection to Jared in view that they may have supported or influenced his actions. The main point I want to make is that the information he posted is important to the ongoing investigation and understanding of events and should not be censored because of his actions or any influence ATS may have made. There are many influences in his life, ATS was just a small part of many.

There have also been some talk about a public statement by ATS. I believe condolences are in order for all affected. It is up to the ATS community to asses the situation and decide together (as we usually do), if any further public comments are in order on behalf of ATS.

edit on 12-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'public'

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
I find this downright tragic. I think Loughner actually has some good ideas, it just sucks he had to be violent, because it's so counter-productive. I still feel like he was brainwashed.
There is an idea we had knocking about on a thread we had going that maybe he done this to bring attention to what he believed also if you watch the flag burning in reverse the first thing you see is "they don't know B.C.E isn't starting" so i think he must have some obscure theory on time or even us(people) not being real because That's the only way i can make sense of B.C.E doesn't begin
edit on 12-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: spelling

edit on 12-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: edit

edit on 12-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: edit

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

That's the only way i can make sense of B.C.E isn't real

BCE - Before Creation Event, the start of the universe, the big bang, what happened? A lot of people struggle with this. I read the number 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,671,234,098,601,978,618 is how old the universe is in Earth years. Science have been debating this number for a while and it keep getting older and older the more we look.

ADE - After Death Event, the end of the universe. One thing I find peculiar with his usual systematic, simple, logical steps is that the previous year actually increases in number instead of reduces
It is like he is counting backwards in time.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

We sort of came to the opinion that all this kind of blew his mind and maybe he thought he may have been enlightened or something. He realy has some weird and wonderful ideas and theory's

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

That's the only way i can make sense of B.C.E isn't real

BCE - Before Creation Event, the start of the universe, the big bang, what happened? A lot of people struggle with this. I read the number 987,123,478,961,876,341,234,671,234,098,601,978,618 is how old the universe is in Earth years. Science have been debating this number for a while and it keep getting older and older the more we look.

ADE - After Death Event, the end of the universe. One thing I find peculiar with his usual systematic, simple, logical steps is that the previous year actually increases in number instead of reduces
It is like he is counting backwards in time.
I now what B.C,E is but in the video he states they don't know B.C.E does'n't begin how is that possible unless you have some wacky ideas on time or us as people
edit on 12-1-2011 by JDofENGLAND because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
Banning the account does something? I mean we wouldnt want him logging into ATS from his jail cell.

SO has addressed this question here.

I can't imagine why it matters to members now if his status is banned or active.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I now what B.C,E is but in the video he states they don't know B.C.E does'n't begin how is that possible unless you have some wacky ideas on time or us as people

Well do we really know what BCE is? just because before creation makes us think of the big bang, the way he counts the numbers suggest BCE is an event in the future and there is a countdown in progress towards it. Still a long way away but that is what the logic is telling me. Another possibility is that he is mixing up the calendar operation BC - AD to account for counting down the years instead of up as we progress into the future.

Another far out possibility is that some studies have hinted at antimatter moves backwards in time. Also stories of time travel around. idk. Maybe this is getting silly like how Scientology members sign there life away for a million years. MKUltra theories are around, but that was an old program and I expect further improved if continued. No humans I know conceive of time on this scale and if black projects are involved then an ET component is not out of the question.

I can't imagine why it matters to members now if his status is banned or active.

I vote active, he did not break the terms and conditions of the site. We are all here to understand the world in all its messed up and crazy glory.
edit on 12-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added vote for Jared

edit on 12-1-2011 by kwakakev because: sentence on calendar operation

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I didnt see this posted anywhere so I will do so here, as the topic is a good headline for this.

Please also take note of the posters comments on the Youtube site.

very weird cat!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I think it's safe to say that Jared Loughner will never log into a computer or a website again...ever.

I was under the impression that BCE in his posts meant "before common (or christian) era" while ADE meant (i think) anno domini era.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
I heard an interesting comment this morning listening to MSNBC's Morning Joe. Joe Scarborough said that after hearing reports on Jared Loughner's behavior, he knew immediately that he suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. Scarborough and his wife are actively involved with Asperger Syndrome support groups because their son suffers from this illness.

A few years ago, my son befriended a boy living in our neighborhood that has Asperger's Syndrome. He felt sorry for him because he did not have any friends. It turned out to be a nightmare for us. We invited him to a pool party and he tried to drown one of our guests. We had 5 people trying to get this guy off of this child. He was cursing and screaming strange religious beliefs. On another occasion, my son had a sleepover and invited several of his friends, including this boy. In the middle of the night several boys woke me up screaming that this boy was strangling my son to death and they could not stop him. I ran into the bedroom to find him sitting on top of my son and he had him in a choke hold. What was so disturbing about this incident was that he had no emotion, no remorse for what he had done. Only a haunting smile on his face, as if he enjoy what he did.

Really? Asperger's Syndrome?

Sounds like demonic possession to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
May regret jumping into this hornet's nest but I just wanted to inquire about the accused's transportation:

The very last paragraph on the second page of this news article states:

“He would call me at 2 a.m. and asked, ‘Are you hanging out in front of my house, stalking me?’ He started to get really paranoid, and said he did not want to see us anymore and did not trust us,” Mr. Gutierrez said, referring to himself and another friend. “He thought we were plotting to kill him or steal his car.”

NYT Article: Interview w/ Loughner Friend Gutierrez

STEAL HIS CAR???

I thought he took a taxi because the supposed person of interest ended up being the taxi driver.

Just looking for clarification. Not saying it would be impossible for a car owner to take a taxi. IMO I am fairly certain with the available data that we may be dealing with a disturbed mind and looking for reason without direct access to all data is maddening at best.

Thoughts? or just go ahead and hit me with the wrath of your bombast...
edit on 1/12/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just caught this in the Wall Street Journal.

This is an article discussing JLL's posting on a game website. What I found interesting was a list of user names he had been known to use.

The game includes social networks built around the clan alliances—private online forums in which players conversed. In those forums at that time, Mr. Loughner often spouted conspiracy theories and got into heated debates with others, according to a forum participant who has been reading Mr. Loughner's posts for years. Mr. Loughner originally played under the pseudonyms Cries and Cry. At various times he also used the aliases Heroin, XTC and Erad, according to two people familiar with the matter, and played for various clans.

Source

So he was know to use the name "Erad" on another site.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
(Love your location BTW. 'under the radar' . Same can't be said for erad3. that person is definitely not under the radar anymore. erad3 is up high on a pedestal with all lights shining on them. but I suppose they did ask for it.)

Oh, you "suppose"?

Here's a hint. Shoot 18 people at a public gathering, you're likely not going to be afforded much protection from anywhere.
Except the justice system, of course. One being accused of attempted assisination, is the person most in need of the Protections our country affords.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join