It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelwrangler
reply to post by asperetty

On that note, let's remember the left had the Weatherman, the right had McVeigh, et. al. and now, the Tea Party has Loughner...no one is holier than thou.

Wrong.

Loughner's acquaintances have described him as a "left-wing pothead" and a "die-hard democrat".

He attempted to correspond with his democratic congresswoman and he frequented her public appearances and town hall meetings.

Democratic Congresswoman Giffords had linked at least one of her internet accounts to Loughner's Youtube page.

His mother is an administrator in the democratic administration of their county, and has been described as an "environmentalist."

Loughner, like most of the unbalanced who eventually resort to violence, was a democrat and, most likely in his more lucid moments, a liberal / progressive.

edit on 11-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What's a 'cray list'?

Is it a made up word?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My opinion is simple. If ATS is asked to give a statement, say it like it is: ATS is an open site, ATS does not do psychiatric exams on perspective members, and ATS does not delve into people private lives like some people do. Remember, staff, you have the power of all of us behind you. Go get them!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
THis is a open spoken community where ideas that anywhere alse would be greeted with anger and frustration, gets a more open minded aprioach. Its bound that someone will be bad seed wanting to get the approval they need to do anything bad in their own life that indeed they are capable to do. Mark David Chapman , that killed John Lennon, said he was influenced by the book, catcher in the rye.
Now the more light minded of us , wich the wast majority is on abovetopsecret only want to write to understand more of life and make logic that is the part of ATS that should be the focus.

People with a unbalanced mind will always find the way to get theur frustration out. Manic deppression has a side effect that actually makes a person believe they are a prt of something big wich they are to do. That they mean something more and this makes their life more logical when there is none to find.

Offcourse the parents are to blame, but after 18 the state really has to take some of the blame to.

ATS should make a statement because of its size and its wanting to be taken seriously. Don't end up like the book, cather in the rye.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by JohnySeagull

What's a 'cray list'?

2nd line.

so sorry, left out the 'z'.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think any journalist researching the matter will know from members responses to the accuseds threads / posts that he wasn't taken seriously in any way. ATS has definatley been mentioned to the MSM, that I confirmed myself via text message to / from a friend of mine who is a correspondent for the BBC. She said that ATS was one many sites brought to their attention that the accused was a member of (although she could not confirm the member name), I had posted this response in another thread on here.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think the public will have any ill feelings towards the site, although a public statement would show good intent.

ATS has it's T&C, it cannot be held accountable for the outside actions of any of its members, as long as those members follow the house rules here there is no problem.
edit on 11/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I thought about it that way too but didn't wanna speculate and invite trouble from the suits

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

He wasn't a democrat at all. Someone just assumed and labeled him that way. Just like they assumed a lot of other things I bet.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I think the media is hunting a scapegoat
and has ATS in it's sights (no pun intended).

I think ATS is doing the right thing here.
Kudos to the staff for a well played
after effect.

Yesterday they were hunting Palin, today it's conspiracy theorists and the creepy people who follow 2010 prophecies. I do worry that this could be the beginning of the end for sites like ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thats why the Admin should really confirm and wait for authorities to contact him once the IP has been traced and confirmed back to the Convicted if it indeed was 'erad3' was Jared. It could be a user who likes to copy paste brain teasing statements to impress ATS senior members or to seed the thread to produce more counter views and opinions just for the kicks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by destro423

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I dunno if it's him. To me, the postings of that individual look as if they are being made by someone who speaks English as a 2nd language. The grammar is pretty bad.

I agree fully to that. I fail to believe someone who dropped out of high school in 06 and then attended college and who is actually native to america would write such stupid stuff. If he was this bad off why didn't he ever get diagnosed as autistic? Are you kidding me? If this kid wrote like this in english class those english teachers need to kick there selves for not catching this early on.

I'm glad you agree his grammar is that of someone who speaks/writes English as a second language. But you're mistaken on the teachers. Quite often High Schools GRADUATE kids who are illiterate in this country. When i did work at the jail I was floored to learn there were a high number of people who could not even read their own mail, or write their own letters home or to the judge.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Jeez, and he seemed so stable. Maybe somebody can point Bill Maher to this thread so he can stop trying so hard to place the blame on wingnuts from the other side of the wingnut spectrum. This guy fits no mold at all, and is clearly mentally deranged probably to a point of hallucinations and voices. The partisan BS in this country has gotten so far out of hand, the second any kind of incident happens, fingers start pointing back and forth, even when it has nothing to do with either. Now, of course everybody is screaming for laws, the "left" for laws against guns, the "right" for laws against heavy metal and violent video games. How about a law against hyper partisanship.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Loughner's acquaintances have described him as a "left-wing pothead" and a "die-hard democrat".

Wrong.

He was a registered independent, and he was quite obviously mentally ill. Even more mentally ill than people who buy into the 2 party scam.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just read his post,i must say ..........WTF??his talking about??? Theres nothing of porpouse in his treads. Think what would be ur answers if this scumb talk to u directly about his mambo jumbo???

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheShadows

john lennon was shot and killed by mark chapman

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Motivation and attention seekers..

Sum of all fears?

What worries me and I truly hope my fear is unfounded and entirely wrong here... I am afraid that there could possibly be other Jared Loughners here and/or elsewhere online, watching, lurking, reading and taking all of this in and finding some kind of inspiration, weak and compromised youths with undiagnosed and untreated serious mental conditions who may act as a result, to kill or murder because they have a desire to be famous, in the media, on television, and the subject of many discussions like this online.

Someone among us, posting, reading, lurking and we will only know, again after another tragedy.

I hate thinking of this, but I can't help but wonder if there is anything that can be done to prevent the potential copycats?

As bad as the Jared Loughner case is, imagine how much worse it could be if there is another similar tragedy linked to yet another disturbed person who is an ATS member in the near future?

What speculations and questions, and more importantly the implications be for ATS IF that happens?

I suggest that there has been sufficient exposure and disclosure by ATS, and no further public exposure is necessary, in fact, it now seems more like a kind of morbid glorification and unintentional exploitation of this person, tragedy and alleged posts here.

Maybe it would be best to remove all of it, isolate it and keep what may be needed for the authorities and lawyers outside of the public venue and for the community of ATS as a whole to move on from this and back to "normal" discussions and topics here.

We could all be unintentionally helping to motivate the next Jared Loughner among us.

Do any of you really want that possible stigma attached to ATS and its members in the future?

It is a risk only, may never happen, but it is possible and is a possibility that must be taken into consideration here.

I'm not sure anything can be done if there is someone out there being inspired by all of this, but to say or do nothing in the face of that possibility seems so wrong.

Thoughts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

link   
The real tragedy is how poorly our society has reacted to this terrible event.

It seems fairly evident that this kid was suffering from mental illness. One of the accounts I read about him from a girl who went to high school with him is that he had been a normal kid, until an incident were he suffered from alcohol poisoning. Who knows, maybe he simply drank way too much, or had an allergic reaction to alcohol, going through what most of us in this country go through as teenagers. Apparently, after that, his personality changed.

People do suffer from brain damage, from a wide variety of cause, which result in mental illness, which is probably the most tragic illness a person can go through. It is sad how many people feel completely comfortable making fun of someone who is suffering from mental illness, when it is every bit as despicable as making fun of someone with cancer.

This is a tragedy that could have been prevented. If, instead of calling the police, the Community College where he was trying to attend, had the capability of calling people who deal with mental illness as opposed to crime, most likely this tragedy would never have occurred.

We used to be a culture that believed in helping others when they were down on their luck, but we have turned into a society that kicks people when they are down.

link   
Some folks are just nuts (or just lose it)....it doesn't matter what games they played, what movies they watched, what sports they were into, what political party they belonged to, what websites they went to, what color their eyes are, if mommy and daddy loved them as a kid, etc., etc.

Nuts is nuts...and that's what happened. Not like it's the first time, and won't be the last time someone goes nutball and starts shooting others.

It seems there were signs, but apparently, either the people around him didn't see them, or he didn't have enough people around him to suggest getting the guy some help...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by MMPI2

Wrong.

He was a registered independent, and he was quite obviously mentally ill. Even more mentally ill than people who buy into the 2 party scam.

Wrong, and wrong once again.

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

A classmate of the man accused of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords this morning describes him as "left wing" and a "pot head" in a series of posts on Twitter this afternoon. Caitie Parker did not immediately respond to our request for an interview, but her "tweets" in the hours after the shooting paint a picture of Jared Loughner as a substance-abusing loner who had met Giffords before the shooting. She says, Loughner described the congresswoman as "stupid and unintelligent."

We've confirmed that Parker and Loughner went to school together at Mountain View High School in Tucson and that both attended Pima Community College, so her claims of knowing Loughner seem to be legit.

Re: the "two party scam":

The manufactured "democrat/republican paradigm" may indeed be a scam, but the democrat sheriff out there in Pima county, along with most of the mainstream media, sure seem to have bought into it, as did several outspoken "progressive" politicians who have tried (and failed) to make political hay out of this tragedy.

What is not a scam is that the vast majority of crimes like this, and generally the most violent spree killers in history, have been "progressive" and / or democrat.

edit on 11-1-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Triple wrong. He was a registered independent...

Loughner registered to vote on Sept. 29, 2006, identifying himself as an independent. Records show he voted in the 2006 and 2008 elections but is current listed as "inactive" on the state's voter roles -- meaning that he did not vote in November.

The political affiliations of Loughner, who is being charged by state and federal authorities with the shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) as well as 19 other victims outside a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, have become the subject of a white-hot partisan debate in recent days.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, liberals sought to paint Loughner as an anti-government, tea party conservative. Conservatives retorted that Loughner lacked anything close to a coherent political philosophy -- a case strengthened by subsequent glimpses into his personal life that suggests someone struggling with mental illness.
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Just because some class mate categorized him as a "left-wing pothead", doesn't make is so. That classmate probably wouldn't know a "left-wing pothead" if one bit him on the @ss. You've read his writings, do you think by talking to him you could get any idea of what he is even saying, much less his political leanings? I thought left wingers were against guns? Doesn't seem to be the case here. And why would a democrat, shoot a democratic congress woman? He doesn't fit the right wing mold either, since by reading his posts, he isn't religious and basically makes it clear by saying "crap on god" in one of the posts. I'm so sick of this need so many have to categorize EVERYBODY as either right, or left wing, most real people lean different ways on different issues depending on their life experiences.
edit on 11-1-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join