It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Are we in MKUltra territory with him? Who was the guy in the CCTV clip seen leaving the area? A handler, like the ones who fled the scene when Sirhan Sirhan killed RFK?

It was a cab driver (the person who drove him), who needed exact change, so he followed him into the store to get change.

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I'd like to ask the staff about the 'new membership' statistics over the last few days, I'd like to ask if there's been a higher than usual percentage of new people joining since this event. I wonder how many journalists have joined and will pose as members for a while, I can picture the headline....The Mind Of A Conspiracy Theorist........the sneaky gutterpress will do anything for a story, then you have your ghouls.

I'd like to see this too. Perhaps ask this in the board section?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I don't think its going to cause any backlash against ATS. I think we tend to forget how popular this site actually is. With the sheer amount of members there's going to be crazy ones. Especially with the totally open form of discussion allowed on any topic.

I read his 4 threads and it was just incoherent rambling,

Excellent point there.

I think it would be in everyones best interest if ATS handed over the 'crazy ones' details to the relevant authorities. That way they can be rounded up , locked up and left to rot in jail where no one else will get hurt.

So , will you be on ATS crazy list?

edit on 11-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: to correct the spelling of crazy. seems the z on my laptop aint working too well. or maybe i'm just crazy......

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

It's a tricky subject area - there's a boundary which needs to be carefully trod in regards what you are suggesting.

Firstly - I've made some pretty 'outrageous' (some would say insane) claims about myself and my life experiences while here on ATS, but in general I believe I'm perceived as a relatively balanced, strong communicator - with a positive outlook on life, and thoughts which others appreciate (at times
...)

I'd be very unhappy about the possibility of being 'reported to the mods' for the experiences I share in this 'safe' environment. Besides - some of the mods hold personal views which have been considered 'insanity' by the mainstream, so what does that say about ATS in general?

If anything, I'd say that our collective caution needs to be extended to those with whom reasonable argument or exchange of viewpoints cannot take place. Fanaticism of any sort, whether coherent or otherwise, particularly coupled with intense paranoia and 'cries for help' (particularly unheeded) can become dangerous fixations in the mind of the truly 'unbalanced'. The level of fixation, and the degree to which coherence is detectable, along with obvious 'tells' such as a threat of self-harm or harm of others (even 'coded' or subtle) - these things should be considered reportable. Not merely 'alternative' viewpoints, or 'alternative' theories. Otherwise why are we here?

The Thought Police should not be allowed to get a footing on ATS..!!!

NB - there was one particular person I passed information to a mod regarding the other day, because of a definite 'cry for help' posted in one of the threads I'm actively participating in. I'd U2U'd the mod in question and received a reply acknowledging he would look into it. I'll happily pass on the details to any super-mod or site owner who would like to be made aware.

Cheers.

edit on 11-1-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Appropriate to see the big picture of what is developing vis a vis wikileaks, the current administration's interest to get on the inside and/or suppress conspiracy sites like ATS, efforts of the current administration to seek the private Twitter details of a standing member of the government of Iceland. Probably not directly related, but as part of an agenda and an ongoing trend since 911, is disheartening.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm only a newbie here.....

and i have found the threads and the replys to them thought provoking as well as entertaining.

It's made me realise no one person has all the right answers to my questions, or others ..... and every answer throws up at least 2 more questions.....
it's made me do my homework on events that have happened and try and connect dots and facts as to what could happen .....
it's made me realise that i'm not the only one looking at the world with my mind open and the blinkers taken off.

As tragic as this event was ...... and my thoughts are with all the familys and friends of those involved....... it bears no reflection on this website or the people who add there opions and findings to it.

I think sending out a statement is not needed.........

Just keep an open door policy ........

If the powers that be are looking for answers ( obv not the ones were looking for ) or to lay blame, then i can't see them doing that here.

If anything this whole tradegy shows more the lack of awareness of Government and Social care officals by not identifying a person with obv mental issues sooner, rather than ATS or Palin or any other website or whatever, being responsible for someone who does not seek reason and facts peacefully.

Only time will tell........

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I think it would be in everyones best interest if ATS handed over the 'cray ones' details to the relevant authorities.

If ATS does that I hope they have the courtesy to announce the fact to the membership at large. That will be the day I stop posting on ATS. I think they should supply those sorts of details only after being served with the pertinent court documents ordering them to do so.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

What's a 'cray list'?

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

"Good ideas?" If he had any, he certainly didn't express them on this board, at least not in any kind of comprehensible language. If Erad3 was indeed the creep who caused so much suffering on Saturday, he deserves nothing approximating a compliment here or anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As the MSM presents their version of the story of Jared Loughren, it will be interesting to see how much weight they give to his internet activities. That will be a clue as to the sort of "opportunities" that the powers that be see arising out of this "tragic event".

2011 is starting to pop.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by delta.bravo.delta
I only want to point out that his posts don't seem particularly disorganized. In fact, they seem the opposite. He sticks to a form of logic called a syllogism:

Here's a quote from Wiki:

A categorical syllogism consists of three parts: the major premise, the minor premise and the conclusion.

Each part is a categorical proposition, and each categorical proposition contains two categorical terms.[2] In Aristotle, each of the premises is in the form "All A are B," "Some A are B", "No A are B" or "Some A are not B", where "A" is one term and "B" is another. More modern logicians allow some variation. Each of the premises has one term in common with the conclusion: in a major premise, this is the major term (i.e., the predicate of the conclusion); in a minor premise, it is the minor term (the subject) of the conclusion. For example:

Major premise: All men are mortal.
Minor premise: Socrates is a man.
Conclusion: Socrates is mortal.

This caused me some suspicion when I read through one of his threads. He responds to people in cryptic ways, but seem to be following the conversation well enough. To my mind, he wants to look crazy, but he isn't really. Suggets long range planning to me.

Picture of his house today shows he's got two vehicles in front, but he took a cab to the location. Sort of suggests planning again -- don't want to leave someone's vehicle there when you'll either be dead or arrested.

I think the authorities will find that he did a lot of posting on the internet, not just at ATS, and that he posted in this cryptic way in each of them. Just my hunch.

I think he's crazy as a bat. I hadn't seen any of his threads before, but reading through them made me feel like my mind was spinning; he made no sense whatsoever. It's pretty obvious that he wasn't in his right mind.

I just wanted to add: I read an article today that said Jared's family was very "private" and reclusive, at least in the last few years... before that, it seems, they had OK relations with neighbors etc. Now, schizophrenia usually has its onset in young adulthood or adolescence; I'm wondering if the parents noticed that something was very, very wrong with their son and then cut all contact with the neighbors because they wanted to keep that fact hushed up... maybe out of embarrassment, maybe out of a weird belief system ("we don't do shrinks"). Who knows, but it's clear to me that the guy was completely out of his mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I remember reading some of this guys posts, and I remember thinking that he must have mental problems.

Anyway, he won't ever get out of prison.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
i for one, thinks his post made a lot of sense. how can people disagree?

geniuses are seen as crazies but this is teh CIA we're talking about, they cna make you see jesus if theyw nated to.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
He must be one of the first ever assassins to have a body of written work available to the public. Psychiatrists will be going over his stuff with a fine tooth comb. I'm curious to do so myself, but I don't know if I have the time for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Not wise saying that, hundreds of members are calling for revolution against the government and the execution of certain individuals, many have been deleted some threads remain.

If the MSM look into ATS and go beyond the UFO/Aliens "nonsense" as they call it we should be more concerned about the future of the site.
Is this the start of the censorship of the internet and the imprisonment of conspiracy theorists?

The press would have a field day in the NWO and SS sections for example. Espeiclaly when they look into a few shootings which ATS members committed. (I won't name the shooters for respectful reasons, the press treat them like rabid dogs and don't look at the mental state they were in)

Imagine the headlines:

"Arizona Shooter linked to organised conspiracy group"
"Shooter part of conspiracy organisation"
"Conspiracy group calls for collapse of government"
"Anarchist conspiracy group have links to more shooters"
etc etc
edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
As the MSM presents their version of the story of Jared Loughren, it will be interesting to see how much weight they give to his internet activities.

His internet postings will not be as important now as it will be when he goes to trial, and his defense lawyer uses his posts here at ATS and elsewhere to show his mental problems.

This could drag on for months or years.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join