It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look inside the mind of erad3 (most-likely Jared Loughner)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Reading his posts and train of thought was like watching a car accident unfold in slow motion as someone recited a distorted and incoherent version of Chaucer's famous work behind me in a high-pitched voice. I didn't want to read further, but the writing and logic (was there any true logic there?) was so terribly done. It was like someone spilled coffee onto the motherboard of a computer designed to mimic human responses, and it got all screwed-up and started spitting out faulty logic in poorly constructed prose.

I count myself fortunate not to have encountered any of his postings independently. That being said, I'll waste no more of my time thinking about this whack-job and his postings. ---I've heard better logic from four year-olds. Wow. Simply astounding.

As part of his punishment, they should make him exist on a meager diet in a tiny cell where airport muzak is played in the background on a spectacular sound system. Accompanying this endless muzak would be a voice-over. The voice of James Earl Jones should read this guy's illogical argument stanzas on an endless loop. --This punishment is only in addition to whatever other punishment he's going to get from the courts, to be continued up until just after his execution, should that happen. If he's not executed, then perhaps this punishment would accompany him into insanity (though I think he's already there) and until just after natural death in solitary confinement.
edit on 11-1-2011 by GhostLancer because: Posted before completed typing ---somehow.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz
Why on earth would ATS look bad because Jared was a member on this site ??? Did he have a Facebook account, google account, my Space...he posted on U Tube, does that make them look bad ??
People shoot other people all the time, do the authorities go to that persons Church or Grocery store or Health Club and give them hell because of it ?? Of course not, there aint no guilty by association on the web. We NEVER know who we are really talking to....
Like someone else said, if he couldnt find any like minds on ATS then he couldnt find any anywhere...

It's how the media will spin it if this is indeed his account. Youtube is just a website to upload your videos, myspace is a mix of people from the entire world, same for facebook but ATS will be painted as a corner of the net where the paranoid crazy people go. Of course this is nonsense, but the media is very good at spinning a story, creating an appealing angle.

I'm really hoping that it isn't his account.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

This is a great opportunity to take a glance into the mind of a murderer. I for one find this stuff very interesting, and sometimes useful for detecting dangerous minds.

I've been reading through his posts and sometimes he has some interesting, out-of-the-box, functional logic - several posts in his thread about the infinite year show that he was at least intelligent (that is, only if he's showing original thought).

Many of his arguments rely on affirming the consequent:
1) If X, then Y.
2) Y.
3) Therefore X.

Which is technically grammatically correct, but logically unsound. By using this logic you can make ANYTHING true or false... Not surprisingly, it's popular in god debates. Self-affirming arguments are handy to explain away the loss of one's own reality to the self.

This guy is clearly driven by delusional truth claims that he's worked out by using grammar, misusing logic, and cherry picking philosophical arguments.

His demands for proof of authorship in several of his posts may point to his genuine search for underlying power, or to possibly find a basis for reality (a reality which he has obviously been questioning).

I'm trying to pick through how he questioned reality. Hopefully these themes that came up in his posts point the way: how does something exist if there is no author? Did you actually author something if you are using a language that you did not create? Therefore, who/what is in control of authorship/knowledge?

In the same vein: Why believe in a certain currency, if there can be an "infinite" amount of currencies created - and therefore, who is controlling the currency?

He seems to get hung up on recursive arguments that try to ground infinity in finite things, likely for some solace from the implications of infinity on reality. What if time were infinite? How can something "begin" in infinity? If the date can represent infinite possibilities (in the form of numbers), can reality? Therefore, did reality begin?

From his YouTube videos he made passing reference to mind-control... Don't know about this one, but here's how I'd think of it if I used his logic:

Presupposition: Language/grammar can make anything true.

1) If mind control exists, language/grammar is controlled/authored by x, y, or z.
2) Language/grammar is controlled/authored by x, y, or z.
3) Mind-control exists! Tinfoil hatz!!!

Anyways, he seemed to believe in the power of infinite creative creation, but seemed to believe that one could not break away from the oppressive shackles of language and grammar to hold power over their own reality, their own defining force. His posts were his reality and his mode of power that defined his world, but he was always limited.

128 of his posts were made over the span of 9 days. Tracing his posts from the earliest posts to the latest, you can see his obvious interests: existentialism, God/Hell, infinity, his disbelief in NASA space missions, and his quest for the roots of power over language, currency, and thought.

A couple of anomalies:
- His post in a thread about giants, basically saying there isn't a toilet big enough for all the crap posted in the thread. One of his more lucid posts.
- This little piece of eerie foreshadowing:

Originally posted by ExPostFacto:
I am curious how many of you in the past few months or within the next few months has or is planning to stand apart from the old and expose corruption and lies within any facet of your lives?

How many others are being presented with packages of circumstances that require you to act on, that validate all your life circumstances and experiences? Please share.

Erad3's response:
Look into what a war crime is from the Geneva Convention.
This could shed some light on the current situations of the world.
Could this be effecting the experience and circumstances of life?

Corruption: putrefactive decay; rottenness.

And a dream of his that seems relevant to his state of mind, his belief (or wish?) that reality is a dream, and he can thus be the wolf able to hunt faux-sheep:

Not only am I going to stick to the thread title, but also talk about the situation in the dream.
In one of my earlier dreams there was a change in perception of a human form to a wolf.
I was inside of a small create box.
I lifted the box.
The color of everything turned red to look at two dream characters.
The dream characters had cut out sheep skin over their body.
My mouth was that of a large wolf with red vision.

I have dreams of cartoons.
These are with national television characters and new characters.
Both types of cartoons are new and are different in every aspect of the story line.

If I'm in a dream then I'm asleep.
I'm in a dream.
Therefore, I'm asleep.

Yes! It's possible to be something other then human in a dream.

Anyways, that's what I'm gleaning from this guy's posts. I haven't seen much else of his kind of thought/talk on ATS threads, which apparently is a good thing

edit on 11-1-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think i might be starting to understand what Jared is talking about, We are all born as blank slates, Everything we are as far as our collective conscience goes is a product of our environment, i.e. Everything we learn is through our Education System, we learn the value of right and wrong though the Laws of our Nation, We mimic for the most part the values of whoever raised us, and influences of our world around us. So know lets look at a portion of one of his Videos shall we?
and i Quote: [ If i teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation, Then the mentally capable 8 year old writes pronounces the new letter and pronunciation thats replacing an alphabet letter in so consecutive minutes.

I teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation.

Thus, the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronunciation that replaces an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.] End Quote

Now remember the blank slate portion from above? i think he is talking about Mental Programing, or re-programing, think about it our Government says high terror alert we all freak out and let them violate our Rights at Airports, if we all start fearing Guns, then there goes our Right to Bare Arms, its called Inception People, the best weapon is an Idea, and let the masses take care of the rest.

Take a 18 year old kid fresh outta High school, he joins the Marines and in a few years learns how to fight, kill, Murder, Advanced hand to hand combat, but what if that Kid was raise in a non violent house, well he was just re-programmed.

i think his message is this, we let our Government get us to this point so it is us who can make it anyway we want it to be.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Jazzyguy

No. However, we won't be surprised if there is some contact today.

Get ready for millions more hits on the site.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think this was a great idea, the perfect way to handle it, big thumbs up. You know as soon as I heard, in the first reports that came out, talking about some of the things he was talking about. I wondered to myself , based on some of Loughners topics, if he might be a member here. I was still surprised though last night when some of the other posters were already putting things together with who he was here and that he was actually a member.

I think it's no surprise that he was a member here though, ATS is really on the forefront of all things of a conspiratorial nature, not to mention all of the other area of study here(UFO, Space, breaking news, earth, military, 9/11, etc). The members offer up some of the most straight forward intelligent comments here, that you can almost always rest assure and know that you have gotten the "scoop" or the "what really happened" on any topic that is being discussed. It's no secret the site has grown immensely in popularity, and my money is on it(ATS) continuing to get bigger.

Thanks for the OP, makes it so much easier to look through everything in just a few clicks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
To me it sounds like he took Acid and went to Philosophy class. Like he was trying to do the Paper is White theory.
1. Here is a piece of paper.
2. The paper is white.
3. White is a color not a piece of paper.
4. The paper is not white.
Did I get that right?
From his posts it sounds like his mind was oversimplifying the arguments and not adding enough info. Very confused he was.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I dunno if it's him. To me, the postings of that individual look as if they are being made by someone who speaks English as a 2nd language. The grammar is pretty bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So one of the internets largest public forums of discussion on alternative topics attracted an eccentric schizophrenic individual who apparently was pushed over the edge by a barrage of propaganda from all sides?

Next you'll tell me that bears # in the woods, we were lied to about 9/11 and the sky is blue.
edit on 11-1-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
i came to this site when i heard on GODLIKEPRODUCTIONS that it was STUPID. i figure if GLP says it is stupid it probably has some good points.

ive been there for a few weeks but do not like it. they were ridiculing this site because LOUGHNER was part of it. and wondering if he was lurking on GLP.

im still trying to figure this site out.. but it looks pretty sane compared to OTHER similar sites.. i dont think ATS has anything to be ASHAMED or AFRAID about.. just because LOUGHNER posted here.. that is not at all my first impression of this site

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
As part of his punishment, they should make him exist on a meager diet in a tiny cell where airport muzak is played in the background on a spectacular sound system. Accompanying this endless muzak would be a voice-over. The voice of James Earl Jones should read this guy's illogical argument stanzas on an endless loop. --This punishment is only in addition to whatever other punishment he's going to get from the courts, to be continued up until just after his execution, should that happen. If he's not executed, then perhaps this punishment would accompany him into insanity (though I think he's already there) and until just after natural death in solitary confinement.
edit on 11-1-2011 by GhostLancer because: Posted before completed typing ---somehow.

oddly if he was HANDLED by MKULTRA this may have been just the sort of experiment he intitially "volunteered" for..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

as popular as this website or platform for the discussion of 'alternate' possiblities to rather touchy subjects. i think it goes without saying that statisticly your going to get the occasional nut who's base in reality is not quite as secured as the majority of individuals that come here.

given time, and popularity this is inevitable as someone stalking someone on facebook or robbing someone's house cause they posted they were going out for the evening on twitter.

the discussions here on ATS are done by the populance as a whole not one limited to just the united states but the world as a whole. due in part to the sensitive nature of some of the discussions passions can run high and emotions that run unchecked can lead to some wildly sporatic conversations by both sides of any individual post.

the things discussed on ATS range from the marginal and sometimes halarious to the outrageous and highly offensive to various individuals based on the side of the arguement that youve chosen to support. every individual here is responsible for thier own posts, thier own words, and own actions.

there are individuals not only here but at other forums across the internet who seek to post inflaming messages in an effort not to inform or provide useful topics for discussions but simply to provoke a reaction from those that read the messages, thier goal isnt the discussion but how far they can get you to 'rage' simply to get a "reaction" out of you.

this is poor behavior and unfortunatly the anomity of the internet allows such childish behaviour to go unchecked and mainly uncensored unless those individuals cross a very fine line mainly due to race/hated issues which can provoke a moderators response.

that being said its up to us as individuals to decide how we allow others to provoke or inspire us or inform us. dont respond to hate in kind as thats the entire goal of some individuals its best to simply ignore such posts or individuals if eventually they dont get the responses they want.. they will leave and go else where. its up to us as a community to decide whats acceptable

Respect isnt something thats earned. its given freely to all individuals and is up to you to keep or loose based on your actions.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DocDoyle

He was affirming the consequent, which is malformed logic that can make anything true or false. Check out my thoughts on his posts here. He thought differently - it didn't make him "crazy", per se. He was smart, but he needed help. He did not see himself as confused, but he was instead labeled "confused" or "crazy". Each one of these prescribed definitions have serious effects on how we as a society perceive and act on mental illness - should we respond with confinement? The death penalty? Prescription drugs? Communal support? I feel education of the masses would have gone a long way to helping this guy in a preventative way, rather than the fear and segregation that drives our current conception of "mental illness".

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Hello,

Brand new to the site. I just thought you all should know this. What I believe Jared is trying to communicate isnt simply insanity, however it is logic called "Categorical Syllogisms"

I'll let all of you do that research, but here is a link to a googled site.

www.philosophypages.com...

Check it out!

Bye, and may God Bless America!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All i have to say is im not shocked he posted here, I also mentioned it in one of the threads when this happened that he probably posted here. Is it a surprise the largest website on conspiracy's would attract someone like Jared Loughner? It is not that this site in any way relates to what he did, at all. If this site had existed in 1999 would it be a shock if Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold was to post here? NO, could you blame ATS for what they did? Sure and without merit. You see many people who have a sense of detachment from society and suffer anti social behavior tend to look for answers to things unexplained. In the quest to search for these mysteries they can easily blame someone for their discontent with life and the world around them. Since ATS is almost always on the first page when it comes to a conspiracy while doing a engine search people always tend to end up here whether you like a good conspiracy, or if you want to flame or troll certain topics and what have you. ATS is host too al types of people and there are probably a few more Jared Loughner's out there even here.

So isn't it safe to say Jared Loughner's unorthodox,confusing,random,erratic method of posting falls in line with your usual silly threads we often see here? There was another message board i use to post on and it had a person that would make "I am an alien" kind of claims, this person ended up stalking other member's of the web site in real life and planned to murder them. Turns out this person was a diagnosed schizophrenic. Looking at Jared Loughner's threads i can see the same type of thinking, same kind of train of thought and his brain was not firing on all cylinders clearly. But the scary thing is this is not uncommon on ATS or many other message board for that matter. You know the "i am jesus" and the "i am an alien" ilk.

These people have always raised concerns with me, they may not try to commit murder but they might do something as crazy. With or without ATS these people will find a avenue to reenact their fantasy's and seek some kind of acknowledgment. With Jared Loughner we clarly thought "what the F**** Are You Talking About" we can all agree...

or a quote from the film Pulp Fiction

“ ENGLISH, MOTHERF*****! DO YOU SPEAK IT? „ —Jules

He clearly did not find answers to questions, he was not capable of carrying a normal conversation. He clearly did not understand some basic and simple things, how they wok. He was not just an angry person, he was mentally ill in my opinion. It appears his parents enabled his sickness in a way, the same thing with the schizophrenic the one mention on this other website. Now we cant diagnose someone from their method of posting. they could be a mere troll, a bored kid during school winter break, an attention seeker and what have you. Jared Loughner does not represent a TRUTH seeker, and paints a bad example of what many of us are called "conspiracy nutters" by a media that all ready has it in for people who engage these topics. If anything ATS helps answer some questions by providing a look in to the train of thought or lack there of of Jared Loughner.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

ive been working on the bird message

psycosomatic analysis

You shouldn't be afraid of the stars.

police / sky / stars in the american flag ? / space / suns

There's a new bird on my right shoulder.

hugin munin ? his "thought" (Huginn) and "mind" (Muninn

Right hemisphere
functions numerical computation (approximate calculation, numerical comparison, estimation)
language: intonation/accentuation, prosody, pragmatic, contextual[20]

if his mind was right lobe heavy, might explain his writings in general or the other way around

theres more but i need time to get it all in to a fit, have to look at his grammar if its personal or objective and in time sync meaning that does the words comply with the sentence,

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMonger
reply to post by pforkp

Hello,

Brand new to the site. I just thought you all should know this. What I believe Jared is trying to communicate isnt simply insanity, however it is logic called "Categorical Syllogisms"

I'll let all of you do that research, but here is a link to a googled site.

www.philosophypages.com...

Check it out!

Bye, and may God Bless America!!

Nah, The guy was "out of touch with reality" plain and simple and it was obvious from the way he was writing. Sure, some of it he tried to put it a certain way, but he was no doubt disturbed and to me scattered in his thoughts. He just wasn't coherent.

This is all very shocking stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
yes i thought the same thing when i was replying to his post; that the tc was esl; albeit educated, but that english was not native. i honestly thought he was asian at the time of my replies. his thread on economics seemed to differ the norm of someone who is involved in the goings on of an american pertaining economics so i also though he was not american.

i read somewhere he lived with his parents in a "middle class" home; whatever that maybe. he must have been sheltered from the realities he exposed himself to by coming to ats and various other websites.while not an excuse for actions; the dissimilar state of entropy can be seen in other ares of all life by persons who commit acts such as suicide.

the term hindsight 20/20 is inaccurate because i disagreed with his solution as purported in his original posts; and looking back at them i feel ashamed to have bought any form of clarity from my perspective to an individual who was seeking greater confusion to "vent" to.

i had to talk to someone about this issue; and basically felt like its more than just his fault that this "incident" occurred and the blame lies squarely on himself/parents and the social environment that feels comfort in the complacency of confusion of a seeker seeking answers they themselves have no solution. i feel it is an injustice for a child to think it proper to seek knowledge from someone that is not their direct guardian; and feel that a vegetative parent/social structure that allows a child to think knowledge attained from a source that is not their own as "right" is a crime.

i feel used; because when a person presents a jecture in a forum they are expected to be a citizen within the community they are presenting that prose; and if this was rome, which parents thought it ok to let their child walk the streets at night hearing the "musings" at magnum and paying the taxes and doing the duties that are befit of an adult while clearly still establishing the mind of one. but i do not feel abused because ats is about the discussions and topics and inter communication as done in his threads.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Just curious, are those all his threads? If so, does anyone else see the very short time period in which he made those posts, only to virtually disappear until December. ( The videos uploaded on channel : classitup10 on youtube span the month of December ). I feel that I should add something that i've noticed about this guy. From what I can tell, and without as yet attempting to decipher from his ramblings, the pattern of his psychology is simple algebra. He believes that because A=b and B=c then A=c, which works in math and all. Now, in my opinion, he is a victim of mind control. But, based on his absence from here to youtube, I think rather than do as he was instructed ( by whomever would benefit from this scenario ) he snapped, mainly because nobody could relate to him. i.e., If BCE has no beginning, and AD has no end, then AD has no beginning and BCE had no end. Alas, we have to understand this number thing. He DIDN'T, and that's why he was asking for help. I know it's far-fetched by bare with me; COD Black OPs. Whole thing, mind control, numbers, and liberation by killing the ILLUSIONary foes. Who else understands where i'm going with this?

Yes this is my first response. Until this whole Jared lee Loughner thing I did not want to put myself on the grid but time appears to be running short. Please feel free to visit my blog. Very imformative stuff for slaves of corporate globalists.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join