It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Band of Brothers' inspiration dies at age 92

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

'Band of Brothers' inspiration dies at age 92

www.google.com

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Richard "Dick" Winters, the Easy Company commander whose World War II exploits were made famous by the book and television miniseries "Band of Brothers," died last week in central Pennsylvania. He was 92.

Winters died following a several-year battle with Parkinson's Disease, longtime family friend William Jackson said Monday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.majordickwinters.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was just stunned when my wife called to tell me about the news that Winters died. Though I didn't know him personally, I've read a lot about him and his 'Band of Brothers'.

I'm not one to bandy about the word 'hero', but from what I've read and heard and seen stylized via the HBO mini-series 'Band of Brothers', Winters would fall into that category.

A moment of silence for Major Dick Winters.

- mike

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Winters, was in fact a true patriot, and indeed a hero. I too have read considerable amount of documentation on the WW II and 101st airborne Eazy company.

Moment of silence is defiantly called for.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i would agree with you, Winters is a Hero! RIP

I went to the town of Foy and Bastogne last year. I went into the woods and found Easy companys fox holes. there most have been 60+ all lined up facing the town of foy. It was incredible. I have pictures that i will have to post later. there on my other computer.

On the road just before the woods there was a monument to the men of easy company. it was really moving. i highly recomend you all to visit it if in Europe!

thank you for all you and your men have done Winters!

edit on 10-1-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
he will be missed my prayers to his family and the unit he sever in ww11 and the brave men and women is still fighting in this world of war on terrorsim of that unit today and hope other units that sever with pay there respect
for this person and others that sever with him and it good show that he told life about he in ww11 and that person
play him did a good job of doing it

edit on 06/05/2006 by bartgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm from the UK and I appreciate the sacrifice made by these men and all those who served in the Second World War.

However I don't appreciate the invoking of today's "war on terror" with the sacrifices made in the Second World War as they are totally different.

Also, why do Americans say "the WW2" instead of just "WW2?"

"The World War 2" doesn't make sense.

Anyway, respect to this guy who has died.

top topics

join