It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Loughner Friend Explains Alleged Gunman's Grudge Against Giffords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's a new article, with a friend's description of the suspect in this past weekend's horrific event. With so many different threads and angles being discussed by the members, it would be best to post this as it's own thread so everyone can get a glimpse into Loughner's psyche..

Warning: explicit language in the article

motherjones.com

At 2:00 a.m. on Saturday—about eight hours before he allegedly killed six people and wounded 14, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), in Tucson—Jared Lee Loughner phoned an old and close friend with whom he had gone to high school and college. The friend, Bryce Tierney, was up late watching TV, but he didn't answer the call. When he later checked his voice mail, he heard a simple message from Loughner: "Hey man, it's Jared. Me and you had good times. Peace out. Later."

That was it. But later in the day, when Tierney first heard about the Tucson massacre, he had a sickening feeling..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very nice find!
Wow, he definitely comes off as a disturbed individual with an anarchistic bent.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just wow. Forget the AP news feeds, it appears that getting info comes quicker here.
(not trying to suck-up, really)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

One of the reasons I love ATS.

Most of the news I read breaks here first.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I'm everything I'm not in this world

How very sad.

Clearly he is mentally ill. Definitely not an excuse, but certainly a reason. I have experience with mental issues with people close to me. It has always been clear something was wrong, and because I love them, I DID SOMETHING.

Where were the people that love Jared?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I don't know where his loved ones were in this.. the friend in this article seemed to know that something wasn't right about Jared, but as the speculation spread by the media and political leaning internet sites are feverishly trying to label the shooter in a particular corner to create outrage, his friend basically says he was not political.. and that he liked to do outrageous things to see people's reactions. The friend also said that the shooter sworn off drugs and tobacco in 2008, while Jared could have lied about use, and the military caught his prior in a police records check, could the real reason that he was not accepted in the military have been his mental state?

For me at least, his actions weren't politically motivated, though the mind control deal does have me interested in the manchurian candidate angle. But that needs much more research and investigation, something the members here are very good at

The politics stuff is just some folks seizing on an opportunity to "knee jerk" Congress into taking away more of our dwindling freedoms.. IMO..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
lucid dreaming causes you to lose touch with reality and creates a loose cannon, then there is a loot of loose cannons in the united states. Just do a search on “lucid dreaming”. You will get the idea. There is a lot of them out there

I think I comes along with bad drug use and other crap.

top topics

join