It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of hate thanks God for Ariz. deaths, will picket funerals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Church of hate thanks God for Ariz. deaths, will picket funerals

content.usatoday.com

Westboro Baptist Church, the church of hate that pickets funerals to highlight its vile attacks, will picket the funeral of the little girl and five others who were killed in Saturday's shooting rampage

Watch if you can stand it as Phelps blasts these victims as "sinners" and intones that we are all in God's cross-hairs.

But better use of time might be to rally the people of Tucson and all who can join them to smother this grenade by throwing a blockade around those pickets, one well stock
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What do you guys think?
Are these people just naturally insane and sick in the head or are they a front to promote hate and gun control?

This is very sad

Picketing the funerals.... really?
Are they really that evil and horrible people?????

content.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This has been posted a bunch of times-
I am not a fan of Sarah Palin at all,
but I wonder how she can be blamed so much
for her "inflammatory" comments of late in so-called relation to this tragedy,
yet everyone champions for Fred Phelps' free speech rights
when the chips are down...
edit on 10-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: clarified my thoughts

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think I can define the WBC in two words. Media whores.

It's just a different version of televangelism. Benny Hinn slaps people on the forehead and gets donations. Phelps and crew spout vitriolic garbage and get donations.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It’s not the Christians I would be worried about; I would be worried about the parents of those dead, and the family members. If someone in my family died or someone very close to me; then had a bunch of Christian haters picketed the funeral. I would probably be charged for assault on many accounts. And people say religion does not brainwash people. Guess they only brainwash the weak.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

How can a baptist church be christian haters?
What is exactly their position, i'm confused?

I know their position is hate, they hate gays, priests and muslims and picket the funeral of soldiers but what's their deal?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Jim Jones anyone? Well I guess the only thing to do here is make sure I create a second line.
Ta-da....2nd line!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can't believe people are so heavily indoctrinated to believe this crap. God sent the shooter? Quite a bold statement.

Disgusting perspective.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MSSVBSS

I wonder if they would feel the same way if a grieving family member, had enough and shot up their protest?

The Lord does work in mysterious ways.
edit on 10-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
These are NOT Christians.

Just because someone calls themself Christian doesn't make it so.

In order to be Christian one MUST follow the teachings of Jesus.

Even a blind man can see the Evil in these people, and in no shape, way, or form are these people following the teachings of Christ.

True Christians need to stand up and Rebuke the evil filt that Phelps and his followers spew.

Count me as one who speaks up and says that !

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What I fail to understand is why these idiots have not been arrested for disturbing the peace or inciting a riot , at any of their vile protests .

Freedom of speech and all that ...blah blah blah . These people are despicable . I wouldn't piss on any one of them to put them out if they were on fire .

Every dog has it's day ...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
how long does this guy think hes gonna get away with this, this guy is a terrorist plain and simple

unbelievable, they'll stretch the 1st amendment to protect this nut job, but speak your mind even if its against the government/administration and lookout

"if you use logic to understand politics and all the answers piss you off.......you might be a terrorist"
[insert voice of Jeff Foxworthy]

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I really just have nothing but pity for the Phelps.

They are so screwed up, I feel bad for them, because they must be really lost...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Want to let them know you are sickened by their actions? Then phone them and tell them

(785) 273-0325 : Fred W Phelps (church founder)
(785) 272-4135 : Fred Phelps Jr
(785) 273-0529 : Benjamin Phelps

More contact numbers for these sick sick people available if you guys want them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelobp
Want to let them know you are sickened by their actions? Then phone them and tell them

(785) 273-0325 : Fred W Phelps (church founder)
(785) 272-4135 : Fred Phelps Jr
(785) 273-0529 : Benjamin Phelps

More contact numbers for these sick sick people available if you guys want them.

It wont do anything. They hate themselves, they want others to hate them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
if there is a god and a satan, this church and all its members are heading south and will be the leaders of the masses, insureing the evil humans find hell with ease.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ive always been for people speaking their minds even when its absurd. This BS is NOT free speech.. its simply wrong. Its a perversion of the belief in free speech that you can say anything you want and be protected under the law.

I have a feeling these morons wont be feeling so protected for long.. nor will the rest of us.

thehill.com...
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
One thing to make one think...
Imagine the spectacle when Fred Phelps goes to meet his Maker?
edit on 10-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
One thing to make one think...
Imagine the spectacle when Fred Phelps goes to meet his Maker?
edit on 10-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

His maker?? He and satan will shake hands like old friends of course.

These people really annoy the hell out of me. I mean I can handle the KKK, NBP, all the other hate spewing groups.. but this?? This goes WAAAAAY beyond the others. This is sick and I cant believe that they have SO many supporters. The feds want to look for dangerous loonies.. let them start with every person associated with westboro.... How can a sane person support this latest tragedy.. and appear to be gleeful about it?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I can’t believe this is real, I genuinely thought this was a hoax or some sick joke, I still can’t believe its real.

Where has the compassion gone?

I adore ATS for all the things I learn but sometimes I really can’t fathom some of the things people support or believe in.

I would love to see the justification they come up with why a 9 year old girl is a sinner.

Breaks my heart

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join