It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Loughner - Lets try to understand-its NOT a Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry to beat a dead horse and revive an old topic, but I feel like there are a few things that need to be addressed here. While the OP does a good job at trying to make the point that Jared had a message he was trying to convey, I think it skirts over the fact that he himself probably did not even understand what his message meant or even was. If you look at his posts here and his videos, it becomes apparent that his mind was not functioning at the capacity of most people in their early-20s and that he had a very hard time communicating his thoughts and feelings to others, either as a cause of his mental state or a co-existing symptom of an underlying mental problem. In his thread about NASA and the space shuttles, one poster even comes out and says that he's had more intellectually stimulating conversations with an 8 year old. When I look at his arguments and how he presented them, I cannot help but compare his reasoning prowess to that of an elementary school child. His views on money and currency are utterly ridiculous to anyone with a rudimentary understanding of economics or even someone who's mildly experienced with life and society, outside of any deeper thoughts he may have been trying to express. And I'm pretty sure I had a better understanding of aeronautics when I was a seven-year old than Jared does now. It becomes readily apparent to myself when examining the things he posted online that he had a hard time understanding his own thoughts and following his own logic. Whenever someone would respond to one of his posts here with his own method of deduction, he would either totally ignore it or be totally ignorant of the point that the other person would be trying to get across. His logic and method of argumentation was very juvenile as a whole. If none of this had happened and I came here and read his posts, totally ignorant of who he was and taking what he had said at face value, I would assume that he was very young, no older than 13, and a very uninitiated and naive 13 year old at that. I find it very hard to piece together a coherent message out of this kid's mind when there is a very real possibility that he did not understand what was going on in his mind himself. Everything came out a jumbled mess. To me this is like putting a puzzle together with pieces from six different puzzles, with some of the pieces warped from water damage and other pieces missing. It's just not gonna work. While the OP's efforts are noble, I believe they are somewhat naive themselves.

Maybe he was autistic and that's why he had such a hard time communicating with people and his frustrations ultimately led him to his actions, I don't know, although I will say that having worked with many autistic people in the past much of his rationale and mannerisms appears similar to that of a high-functioning autistic. This is of course entirely conjecture and I have no formal education in that field, but life experience leads me to believe that he had some sort of mental deficiency or cognitive dissonance that seriously affected the way he interacted with the rest of the world. Autism would certainly explain his sometimes incessant repetition of certain things, his peculiar obsession with things like grammar and money (yes I know these are things that many people get obsessed over, but his obsession seems far from normal), and his general inability to communicate with people. Whatever the root cause of his thoughts and actions may be, I seriously doubt that he had any coherent understanding of whatever meaning he may have been trying to convey by shooting a couple politicians and some innocent bystanders, and I think it is an effort in futility to try to gleam anything out of analyzing his ramblings on the internet. Whether he was mind controlled or bainwashed is an entirely different topic which I have opinions on but will not get into here as that is pretty much off-topic to the discussion at hand. On a more personal note, part of me just wants to call him (and this is probably the nicest way I can put this) a simpleton who fired into a crowd of strangers because he had serious issues with trying to understand the world around him, and part of me just feels bad for him and everyone involved. In any case I seriously hope he can get the help he needs. I think it would be very hard if not impossible for someone like him to function normally in society. He might not necessarily deserve the death penalty, but he probably needs to be locked up or institutionalized for the rest of his life. It's sad for all parties involved nonetheless, and his actions reflect poorly on the conspiracy community as a whole and anyone who is actively trying to make changes to the system. Things like this make it very hard for others to open up and empathize with dissenting and differing opinions.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
One thing to remember with a lot of schizophrenic people is that they are often unable to differentiate between their inner problems and the world's problems as a whole, because they are not fully capable of differentiating between the innner and outer worlds to begin with. ("If the student is unable to locate the external universe, the student is unable to locate the internal universe" -Lougner).

As an example, if you ask a paranoid schizophrenic if he wants to do something mildly unpleasant, he might launch into a bombasic speech about...well, about whatever his idee fixe happens to be. He is expressing his subjective, personal discomfort using global or political terms. Instead of telling you he doesn't want to go to the doctor's office for a checkup, a schizoprenic might start ranting about a plot by the medical industry to do such-and-such with the collusion of the Trilateral Comission, etc etc. I think this explains a lot of Loughner's communication style. When he talks about political or social issues, he is really expressing more personal inner types of discomfort or difficulties probably involving his sloshed brain's inability to cope with daily life. Frustration at his own academic struggles is expressed as theories about the evils of the educational system as a whole, various social/political problems, or even entire metaphysical systems.

edit on 2/16/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
paranoid schitzos are like snowflakes... not one is the same as the other.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Most people don't use their full first, last, and middle name on the internet. The first video I take to mean the "new currency" is conscious dreaming (I think he says conscience dreaming, if so that is more indication of a fake, no one says conscience dreaming).

The second video is utter nonsense, probably a fake to make him look more ridiculous. The third video is just pseudo-cosmic consciousness.

I think you said it best, OP, we have to wait to hear JLL's testimony (which up till now he's pleaded not guilty). So that means we don't even know that it's not NOT a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a few more things to add:

He does say CONSCIENCE as opposed to CONSCIOUS dreaming, just the thing some foreign idiot would make the mistake of. This also indicates fake.

The first video doesn't have music to it, but the others do, very odd, plus how he starts out
"Hello my name is Jared Lee Loughner." Sounds like a total forgery.

And in the second video he says "My Final Thoughts" yeah right also a fake.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

He does say CONSCIENCE as opposed to CONSCIOUS dreaming, just the thing some foreign idiot would make the mistake of. This also indicates fake.

Ive also stated that this erad user types in the manner of someone whom english is not their first language.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

I and others have suspicions the mug shot was photoshopped .

What actually ties JL to erad ? ip address ? Is there an official statement anywhere I can study ?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This is directed @doomzilla also:

The more I look at the circumstantial evidence surrounding the case; how Giffords was taking a lot of heat from people already, her office had been vandalized, ect., coupled with some of the things that appear to have been going on with Loughner himself and some of the events of the actual shooting, I feel like there is something more to this than meets the eye. I've felt that way since the story broke, and the more I dig the more my suspicions pique. While I agree with you two that it shouldn't be taken as axiomatic fact that the posts made here and the youtube videos were 100% Jared Lee Loughner's, it would have taken quite a bit of forethought and work by someone to plant such a wide trail of bread crumbs to lead people off some of the more esoteric aspects of the case, more work than I think was necessary. I think Loughner definitely had some kind of mental predisposition that made him vulnerable to being a 'useful idiot' for someone. Whether that is actually the case or not is better left for another thread. Personally, I've been pouring through information regarding this specific case and other things that I've researched before and hopefully I can share some of the things that raise my suspicions sometime in the near future. I've been quietly doing my research for about six years now, and I'm no stranger to things like MK:ULTRA, the Monarch Project, and other similar cases involving murders/assassinations where the perpetrators appear to have been coaxed, guided, or 'activated' by someone else or an outside organization (Sirhan Sirhan and David Berkowitz aka the Son of Sam are two very notable cases where the circumstances leave a lot of room to doubt the official story.) I'm reaching a critical point in my research regarding a lot of things and I'm starting to put a lot of puzzle pieces together and am about to the point where I'm going to start speaking out about things. This does not and should not give my opinion any more weight or veracity in any of your eyes and I am cognizant of this, but it goes without saying that it solidifies my position on things to a certain degree. I'm of the disposition that the posts here and the videos were his actual words, but as it has been mentioned its very hard to determine for sure until we actually hear the man himself speak. In regards directly to the subject of OP's thread, taking everything at face value, it's obvious that Jared was not of sufficient mental capacity for someone his age. Whether this has been fabricated or artificially magnified by someone else, well, there's just not enough evidence to determine an absolute answer to the affirmative or otherwise. I think that filosophia and Doomzilla are definitely wise to question the veracity of the internet content and not take things at face value without serious scrutiny, because personally I feel like there's a lot more going on that what the MSM is presenting as face value. I hope to continue discussion of this on here over the next few weeks at length and more in depth. A lot of the serious discussion is going to have to wait until after his next court date in March when it will be determined how they are going to go about with the precedings. There's a good chance that they're not going to find him mentally competent to stand trial, and if he does he's probably going to be on a cacophony of anti-psychotic drugs. There's a possibility that we never get to hear him speak, and if we do his mental state will have been further altered by psychotherapy and drugs, so even if all this was him we might not get to actually hear him talk like he's written in the past, i.e him standing up at trial saying something along his jacked up logical lines like, "Giffords supported health care reform, the health care system is there to help people, therefore Giffords wanted to hurt people so I shot her and everyone around her". We shall wait and see.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theamnesiac

Hi there,
If he has been a victim of mk , there must be some witnesses that could testify to changes in behaviour . or if not behaviour , habits ideas views etc.
Where are the accounts from people who have known him since he was younger ?
Ie parents , family , friends , girlfriends etc EDIT found one ----

A longtime friend of Jared Lee Loughner, the suspect in custody following the murder of six people in an apparent assassination attempt on Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, said there was a mysterious, significant change in him a year before the shooting.abcnews.go.com...

The only accounts , I've heard are from fellow college students saying that he was scary and strange and by this time he could have already possibly been under mk .

The reasons I question erad being JL are-
erad doesnt sound like a native english speaker.
erad may post in an erratic manner but I dispute that people on ats would have predicted hed turn out to be the tuscan shooter
From the threads i saw of erad , I really dont see any evidence to link him to political terrorism , id say i was more radical than this erad guy , and im a Pacifist .

If we ever found out that erad was not JL than there MAY be a lot more to this story .

Again, to clarify what Oficially ties JL to erad? ip addresses ? Are there any statements i can read ?

edit on 16-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (adding link )

edit on 16-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

I've been looking up articles and I can't find anything that states any specific evidence that Loughner was posting here, but the investigators themselves have been looking at this site and have claimed that he posted here under username erad3 edition.cnn.com... A few sources have made the connection of the writing styles used in his YT videos and the posts made by erad, but of course that connection is tenuous at best without hard evidence. Unless a large amount of law enforcement and federal investigators are in on some kind of cover-up, I think it's pretty safe to say that they scanned his hard drive and he had cookies stored from this site or it was in his browser history, something along those lines. I mean if we really wanna look for a huge, underlying conspiracy, we could say that evidence had just been straight up planted, (which might be the case with some of the incriminating letters he had left in his home, like the "I planned ahead" and the "My Assassination" letter www.cbsnews.com...). It would be going out onto a huge limb for anyone here to suggest that all the evidence had been fabricated, and for most normal people it would be pretty hard to fathom that any evidence had been fabricated in the first place. The pro of being on a conspiracy site is that we're free to venture down "unusual" avenues of thought, of course.

I definitely agree with you that the posts made by the user erad3 do not appear to be written by someone with a very good command of the English language. Neither do the videos. But when you set aside spelling, grammar, and syntax irregularities, the actual content of the posts appear to be made by someone with very little command over reality itself. Erad3 would respond to questions that other people posed as though he comprehended what they were saying, but didn't actually understand the ideas they were trying to convey (this sentiment has been echoed by a former employer, see tucsoncitizen.com... “He was walking dogs in an area we didn’t want dogs walked,” Janes says. “He didn’t understand or comprehend what the supervisor was trying to tell him. He was just resistant to that information.”) The logic is entirely screwed for anyone, whether they were a native English speaker or not. Everything about the posts comes off as very childish, not just the writing style but the actual ideas contained in them and how he would respond to other posters, and this is apparent in the Youtube videos as well. Honestly, I don't see how the dude ever managed to make it into college in the first place. I mean, I know the bar gets set pretty low at a community college, but the way that he comes off in his posts he seems like he shouldn't have even made it TO high school, let alone any kind of higher learning facility. And I'm not just saying this to be condescending or mean, it really seems to me like the guy had a mental capacity of a ten year old. Maybe drugs played a factor in this, maybe his deteriorating mental state did, but he couldn't even pass a mental evaluation to make it into the Army. If the Army won't take you, you know you're f'd. Maybe he was really good at math or something, but with his obsession with grammar and his known interest in literature and poetry you would think that he would have a slightly better handle on the written language. Given that this is the internet and many people are generally pretty loose with sentence structure and such, it falls within reason that a lot of the simplicity of his writing came from sheer laziness or the ever-dreaded drunken internet post. Of course, if we look at his question posed to Gifford during his first encounter with her in 2007, "What is government if words have no meaning?", the style of speech and the peculiar logic seems very reminiscent of the rantings we are told were made by him here and on YT. Personally, I have a hard time seeing a person with thought patterns like that passing classes in high school, let alone college, but that's really neither here nor there.

The entire mind control angle is a murky quagmire in itself and would take a lot more research that I've done up to this point to really get into adequately. The thing about mind control is that the programming could have been been put into him at any time in his life, so sudden changes in personality might not have necessarily been a telltale sign of such or even correlated to actual triggering prior to the actual incident. In fact, for most victims of Monarch style MK the abuse start very early in life, around age two in many cases. It is easier to make a child dissociate and then program alters through abuse than it is an adult. The mind of a child is still developing and the structure is not as solid as a fully developed brain so they make the most ideal candidates for programming. Children just take to it better. So there is a good chance that if he was programmed that it may have happened early in his life and the trigger cues could have been given at any time. A lot of the books he lists on his Youtube profile have been claimed by many to be used in Monarch programming (The Wizard Of OZ, Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass, and Peter Pan are cited very often as programming scripts by most of the literature available about the subject). When I've got time later tonight I'm going to dig up some of my old links to articles and .pdfs about Monarch and MK:ULTRA and start going through the books I own about the subject to start citing some of the information I just presented and begin making connections to this case. I have a feeling that if was was in fact mind controlled that the most likely candidate is probably Monarch style programming. His troubled past is widely documented and it's being reported by a few sources that his home life was rather unstable. If he had a predisposition for a mental problem like schizophrenia it would have been that much easier for someone to come in and start messing with his mind. I'm going to be watching this case pretty closely over the next few months. As more details about his life, his mental health, and the events leading up to and surrounding the shooting come to light a deeper analysis of the situation will be possible.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Arghh 1st link doesn't work bud , but ...

" I think it's pretty safe to say that they scanned his hard drive and he had cookies stored from this site or it was in his browser history. "

THIS is what I want to see concrete undebatable proof , something like this is easy to release why hasn't it ?

In reference to mk ultra your right they start young but also in cases the parents allow it to happen ,This is why im researching JLs father right now ,

Also I don't why know why these Jl threads are not being looked into , there are many questions left unsolved still.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'll try posting the link again: edition.cnn.com...

FTA:
Erad3, according to site co-owner Mark Allin, was almost certainly Jared Lee Loughner, the 22-year-old man accused of killing six people and injuring 14 others last weekend, including U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Arizona.

The site, Allin said, focuses on "alternative news" and information "not covered by the mainstream media." Allin noted that all 130 messages from Erad3 were posted from Loughner's hometown of Tucson, and many of them bear a striking resemblance to postings made by Loughner on the popular social media site YouTube.

Investigators are examining the postings on Allin's site, according to a law enforcement source.

One of the site co-owners has gone on record to say that it's all but certain that Erad3 is Loughner, and an investigator has stated that they are examining the posts. They probably wouldn't waste their time looking at them if they didn't think it was him posting. This provides pretty solid circumstantial evidence that the hard evidence is there. The investigation is open and ongoing as we speak, it's unlikely that the LE is going to drop a bunch of their hard evidence for the public before trial. Even though the posts made by erad3 don't seem to have any real connection with the shooting, we can't say for sure what the prosecution will present to the court as evidence if and when the actual trial comes around. Any evidence that they've gathered is potentially easy to disseminate, all they have to do is make a press release, but obviously they aren't going to. You've also got to remember that this is a federal case right now, which means that they're going to be even tighter about what they release as a whole. They probably aren't going to come out and lay down the specific process that they've used to determine if it was him, like, "we searched his hard drive and found cookies for abovetopsecret.com, we matched the IP's and have confirmed it was him," and even if they did that would still involve an amount of faith on your part to believe their word. You're basically gonna have to wait for the trial to see anything harder than what you've already got.

Loughner's involvement with the site under the name erad3 was pretty minimal so there's just not a lot to work with as far as the threads go. One posted did mention in the NASA thread iirc that he thought that erad3 was another screename used by a former member who got banned, pointing out that the posting style was very similar in his opinion. Of course the member's profile he was referring to got banned and has since been deleted, but it might be worth going back to that thread and checking it out. He had a myspace page, too, but it has also been deleted. It should still be cached somewhere, so google will be your ally on this one (a quick search provided a few screencaps made by people before it got pulled, here's a link to one of them: www.flickr.com... the writing style is pretty consistent with what we can see here and on YT.) Overall there's just not a lot of online content provided by Jared (at least that we know about) available to work with, so you might just have to rely on MSM sources if you wanna dig your heels into this case.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Glad to hear you are taking an interest in this case, I also think MKULTRA could be a possibility, and thanks for pointing out your opinions on the son of sam thing, maybe you can start a thread on that. I started a thread about how the FBI confiscated the surveillance video from the grocery store, and that constitutes a coverup. Some people thought I was a bit premature, saying they needed to confiscate the tape to preserve the sanctity of the trial, yet they did release the mug shot that skews his mental sanity in the eyes of the public, and they admitted they had a note saying he "planned ahead" with his signature at the bottom, also sounds like forgeries, but it seems like they pick and choose what information they want the public to hear, so in my mind that alone would be cause to throw this case out, and so for now we just have to be patient, but I believe that if they ever show the video, we can prove that the feds lied because I highly doubt that Judge Roll jumped in front of a bullet aimed at another man. The corporate media has done everything possible to indicate that Giffords was the real target and not Roll, making me suspect if Giffords was the real target. Remember that Giffords friended Loughner on her youtube page, not the other way around. Giffords had two friends on her youtube page, one of them was Loughner. Quite strange. Also, check out the court sketches if you haven't already, they look nothing like the loughner we saw via the mug shot. The court drawing shows a man with hair and glasses, nothing like the mugshot of a bald man with a sny smile. Many aspects of this case seem to be suspicious, but most mysterious of all is Loughner who is not saying much, so maybe he is still being mind controlled, but he did plead not guilty. Perhaps his handlers are telling him to plead not guilty on insanity charges, I wish just once their puppets would break free from their masters and admit in a court of law what was really going on. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait until more information comes out.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

Ive also stated that this erad user types in the manner of someone whom english is not their first language.

Yes, for someone who claims to be highly interested in grammar, English grammar is not his strong point. I've never heard anyone use the phrase "conscience dreaming" before, in fact it goes against the very premise of lucid dreaming: if you are conscious dreaming, you control the dream and therefore you create your own morals, your conscience is in fact the last thing on your mind, since it is a dream you can do anything you want, so conscience dreaming is just an indication that someone who doesn't completely understand english is trying to duplicate the way some lucid dreamer thinks.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You're basically gonna have to wait for the trial to see anything harder than what you've already got.

Yeah your right there but even then I will be suspicious .

look at this pic of JL in 2006 .
www.guardian.co.uk...

then 2008
www.buzzfeed.com...
then the mugshot ,
motherjones.com...

He has dramaticaly changed physically in this time , its hard to believe they are the same person .
The smile in his mugshot is photoshopped imo the 2006 picture is his natural smile .

Most websites have only the manic mugshot which straight away creeps you out before you even read anything .

A neighbour said about Randy , Jareds father , " he's the neighbourhood prick"

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, 2008 was when he tried to join the military. Really makes you wonder...

Originally posted by filosophia

I also think MKULTRA could be a possibility, and thanks for pointing out your opinions on the son of sam thing, maybe you can start a thread on that.

The thing about the Son of Sam case is that there are murders they know he couldn't have committed, and in recent years he has come forward about being involved with a satanic cult, the Temple of the Thrid Revelation, and he claims that he was being used by the group and that other members had contributed to some of the murders. When I dig up my books I will have a lot to contribute regarding that matter.

Edit:
Upon reconsideration, I think the cult Berkowitz was involved with was the Process Church, an offshoot of the Temple of the Third Revelation. Both are nasty organizations that have had their hands in some of the most heinous crimes in the United States since the early 60s.
edit on 16-2-2011 by theamnesiac because: factual correction

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

This article claims another reason why he didnt get in the army .
People are saying he got turned down because of lack of aptitude . but not according to this .......

the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a 90-minute test that measures language and math skills. It ensures that the test taker is smart enough to sign up, and it pinpoints his or her strengths, which can help in choosing military jobs. Once Loughner passed that test,

THIS is why he was refused enlistment .

Indeed, Army officials say Loughner passed a urinalysis designed to detect drug use. "He didn't fail a drug test — he admitted to excessive drug use," an Army official says. The confession was so clear that the military had no choice. "He admitted that he smoked marijuana to such an extent that we said, 'No, thank you.' We're not going to accept a habitual drug abuser into the Army."

So the theory that he got turned down because of , lack of basic intelligence is false , according to this source .
www.time.com...

SO if he was intelligent enough , imo it raises red flags as to whether erad3 IS JL.
SURELY the army would have remarked on the behaviour of someone like erad3 ? who many believe on ats that was mentally challenged .

Unless 2008 is the year JL was marked out for possible mk .

edit on 17-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

He might not have actually been mentally challenged, but he definitely had mental problems and it showed. The way he posted made it seem like erad3 was developmentally delayed or very young, but it could have just been a result of his schizophrenia like someone pointed out a few posts out. There was some definite cognitive dissonance going on with this kid. What the actual reason for it is left to be seen.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

but he definitely had mental problems and it showed.

Hey i'm not saying he was normal (erad3) just ive seen more offensive posters on ats . But he had a weird logic like you have remarked before .

Is it down to mk or just mental problems , I don't know but its looking like you me n a few others are the only ones who are trying to find out .

Again if erad3 is JL and erad3 has mental problems , Why did the army not pick up on it ?

He either developed them after (which i find hard to believe )
or he was mk ed by elements of the army .

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

Again if erad3 is JL and erad3 has mental problems , Why did the army not pick up on it ?

THAT is a good question. The Army is pretty lenient about who they'll let slide through, especially right now, but they don't allow people with glaring physical or mental health problems in under any circumstance. This is the article that has statements from people who knew him personally: tucsoncitizen.com... The changes in his personality really started to peak around two years ago, but had already been noticed by friends while he was in high school.

Fell asleep last night and didn't get to really delve into the research I had wanted to. Will try again today, but it's going to take some work to really piece together a concise analysis and relevant questions about the situation. It might just be me reading more into this than there actually is, but it feels like there is more to this than a 22 year old kid experiencing mental problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join