It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has ‘reached the point of no return'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
But I will have to agree with him.
There is no enemy left worth spending
$800B on.

BDS, I agree with you - I think its become a necessary expense for those in power in order to maintain the illusion. They need a large standing army in place for when the time comes that there will be mass riots in the streets.

I do have to ask though, why do your posts
and the posts of some others on ATS
always have artificial carriage
returns?

It is very distracting to read and seems to
be consistent among people having
anarchist views.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In 1962-1963 John F. Kennedy attempted to disband the CIA, and look where that landed him. The CIA has their fingers in everything. From what I've read, ( taking conspiracy theories out of the equation ), they are another " Hoover ", with not only "dirt" on specific individuals, but blood on their hands in every category. Disbanding the CIA, will never happen, with so many back door deals, and prominent figures ......its a wonder the CIA has gotten us all killed by now.

They've got their fingers in everything, and turn around and ask for more~

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This all could have been prevented. I never understand why people allow things to fall apart!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Because there are so many people out there satisfied with their little houses, there flat screen tvs etc. They would rather wipe their a## with their rights, and allow big government tell them what to do, because it's so much easier to be told what to do, ( more like laziness), than to take life by the reigns, and make decisions for ones self.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
And there is no way that someone can blantantly blame them for 6 million deaths worldwide.
That is pure nonsense.

John Stockwell, former CIA Station Chief in Angola in 1976, working for then Director of the CIA, George Bush. He spent 13 years in the agency. He gives a short history of CIA covert operations. He is a very compelling speaker and the highest level CIA officer to testify to the Congress about his actions. He estimates that over 6 million people have died in CIA covert actions, and this was in the late 1980's.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

the 6 Million deaths is coming from a former CIA Agent.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
returns?

lol, well I usually get about
1 u2u a week asking about
why I post like this.

It has to do with my bad eye sight.
I have my text enlarged on my screen.
However, that creates a slide bar
which is a pain to go back and forth
to read and post. So I type like this
so I don't have to scroll.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse Military Service" (Albert Einstein)

I think the youth are starting to wake up - but if they do they will bring in conscription - they know they are going to be desparate for every last man that's why they're even allowing the Gays to serve.

They've got us hook - line- and sinker!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
returns?

It is very distracting to read and seems to
be consistent among people having
[color=gold]anarchist views.

This formating is inspired by Emily Dickinson who used unusual spacing,
and punctuation to add rhythm and timing to her work.
It is challenging to convey emphasis and
dramatic pauses in straight text.
She was a pioneer.

Here is an example of her work.

Mr Higginson,
Are you too deeply occupied to say if my Verse is alive?
The Mind is so near itself – it cannot see, distinctly – and I have none to ask –
Should you think it breathed – and had you the leisure to tell me, I should feel quick gratitude –
If I make the mistake – that you dared to tell me – would give me sincerer honor – toward you –
I enclose my name – asking you, if you please – Sir – to tell me what is true?
That you will not betray me – it is needless to ask – since Honor is it's [sic] own pawn –

As you can see, this is just a personal letter she wrote to the editor of a Newspaper,
but it is a classic example of Dickenson's formating.
One can almost hear her taking breaths
and see her leaning forward
as she says it.

David Grouchy

p.s. I have never heard Emily Dickenson called an Anarchist before.
edit on 10-1-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by 46ACE

In-flight refueling can accomplish what having bases spread throughout the world does. The projection of force is just as prevalent.

C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III creates an expeditionary force like none other. There is no reason to have the bases we have.

Agree; but they've gotta' land ( mostly) ; unload; refuel; and refit somewhere...having spares and maintenance in place in Germany (ramstein) is of major importance and we were winding it down. in the 90's..; Turkey( Ankara/ Iincirlik), Italy ( Aviano ) Has been a major player in the Balkans and middle east.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
removing 700+ bases from 130+ countries is like removing your boot from the head of a rattlesnake, as soon as you do it'll strike.

and it's not because it's had any hostility towards you before, it's because you had your boot on it's neck. in some places for over 60 years.

the only 2 countries justified in having a u.s. base keeping them in check are germany and japan. both of them for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

China wants Taiwan , China makes things for the USA for Penney's on the dollar, socks shoes toys tools camp cook wear,Ect. Ect. Ect. now they will in time, push come to shove, demand Taiwan come back under China's domain not be independent any more, we the West USA have been there to stop this, it stand to reason , just how far will either side go, and as far as "beware of the kings of the east " that is in the bible. which east or how far east, that is for an time.I do not have any thing against the people as a people just the gov, as with any gov not to be trusted.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

But I will have to agree with him.
There is no enemy left worth spending
$800B on.

And I have been a proponent of shrinking
the defense budget for years. And I also think
cutting funds to DHS and disbanding the CIA
is in order as well. With internet and sat spying tech
we have now, the CIA has become obsolete.
A dinosaur that needs to be extinct.

There will always be a need for HUMINT (human intelligence). Someone has to be around to plant the bugs or monitor an enemy who has effective electronic countermeasures or is using non-electronic communications. I do think the CIA role has vastly expanded beyond its original purpose and has become a potential threat to our democracy. Case in point: we have CIA operatives running around in Afghanistan in unmarked battle dress carrying out assassination ops. What does that have to do with "Intelligence" again?

The DHS is a beast that similarly has the potential to bring down the Republic due to mission creep. Their role just keeps expanding (much like the CIA), as we chase after boogeymen all around us. There ALWAYS have been threats, it's part of life. We just want to be protected from any and every minute possible threat.

That paranoid mindset comes with a price. And we risk becoming (and may already be) a nation that deludes itself into thinking it is "free."

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Wait a minute!
Wait a minute!
Wait a minute!

YOU are one of the types that has decryed the Bush years and NOW you are arguing that the US needs to continue?

Wow, everyone should pay PARTICULAR attention to this type of post.

Remember this, those that attack Bush for the very same reason that they back Obama.

WOW! I LOVE IT when you folks put it out there for EVERYONE to see. Typical.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
OP, you are Correct; My father worked for the military (congressional) Industrial complex, as did my brother in law, and they tried to recruit me. ( I went to the Job interview but couldn't stand the Job offered)

they have taken over everything, don't think so?

then why do House members think they are "special"

We the People have to start taking more responsibility.

we have to learn to sacrifice, again.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What a joke... The United States can afford to cut their defense budget in half and still be spending more than twice the amount than any other countries military budget! Check out this comparison of military budgets of other countries.

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree that the CIA is detrimental/obsolete, a gigantic draw of tax-payer funding.
And, what benefits have we enjoyed by their services? What do they do that the NSA/DOD/FBI (and who really knows about the other agencies that supposedly don't exist) doesn't do?

And the real kicker, why are these agencies compartmentalized and not corroborating in the interest of National Security? And if they claim they are working together, why are we in this current state of disarray?

9-11 ahem*>cough>9-11>cough>ahem*>9-11

Failure in the worst degree. They can't justify tax-payer support.
Is not the writing on the wall???

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
you want the CIA to stop, wipe out the US.

I don't think that would stop it at all.

Edit: I would think it would be best to just avoid a giant, rather than try to stop it.
edit on 11-1-2011 by drkylefletcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If we get rid of the CIA where we get the really good drugs from?

But other than that...yes i agree

top topics

<< 1   >>

join