It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of turtle doves 'caused by indigestion' What ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Pardon the pun but I find theses findings rather hard to swallow. Not that I think its caused by the world ending ,Its just that I thought it would more likely be poison that caused them to keel over and have a blue tinge on their beaks.

Deluge of turtle doves 'caused by indigestion'
news.scotsman.com...

Published Date: 10 January 2011
By Staff Reporter
A THOUSAND turtle doves that rained down from the sky were killed by massive indigestion brought on by over eating, the director of an Italian zoological institute has said.
The bodies of the birds, which also had a mysterious blue tinge to their beaks, have been picked up for the last week in what is the latest in a global phenomenon. The incident comes after similar cases in the United States where thousands of blackbirds fell from the sky, while in Sweden fifty jackdaws were found dead.

In Italy the birds were found at Faenza close to Ravenna and tests have been carried out on the bodies for the last week with official results due today.

However yesterday Rodolfo Ridolfi, a director at the regional zoological institute, said: "We are fairly confident the birds died as a result of massive indigestion."

edit on 10-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Oh,for Pete's Sake! Say what? Did they all just suddenly decide to flock to the dumpsters behind the local fast-food joints for a binge on left-over burgers and fries?

Unless there was particular area in the region where they normally eat that is massively contaminated (and that would be already known to the authorities),I'm not buying it. By the way,I didn't catch whether or not this area is close to Naples,in which case,given the massive trash disposal problem, they're having I could see where these birds might actually suffer if they were from or near that city.
edit on 10-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: wording.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Massive indigestion? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I also don't think the world is ending. But there is mostly likely some evil experimentation going on. How long are we the public going to accept assinine explanations? What really scares me is the possibility that many powerful leaders from different countries or their military are working together? Next we will have massive deaths of humans in a remote area. And some bs explanation will be given to the public. Stop staring at your cellphones and computers people and look around you!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Blue Stain? That's been my big mind bender. O.k. indigestion. WHAT? Exactly what did they eat? That info would be obvious if it were bugs. As a reader of this article am I too suppose it were bugs? Life is getting curiouser and curiouser.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
so all these birds died of over eating??? I wonder if they can tell us what they base those claims on, were their little crops ruptured from eating too much food? That would be the first clue. And what caused ALL the birds to over eat? Seems to me a few ones might do this and that would be plausible, but birds have the ability to regurgitate their food, hello! And that blue stain on their beaks? They say it's a sign of poisoning or lack of oxygen. That has nothing to do with over eating, unless they ingest poison....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have never heard a case where birds had gorged themseves to death. I know goldfish will and you have to be carefull not to give them too much food. If birds are prone to overeating the pavements of Trafalger and St Marks square would be littered with fat pigeon carcases. Also there is no mention of why the doves had a blue tinge on their beaks. No mention of lack of oxygen. However i did see in one of the italian news stories covering this case that the dead birds were near a large industral area. Just the sort of place that may use pest control measures.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok this makes more sense now. dev.allheadlinenews.com...

Thousands of turtle doves fell from the sky last week in Italy and zoo experts believe the deaths were caused by massive indigestion.

Bird experts believe overeating was their downfall.

Nadia Caselli, a member of an Italian bird association said they appear to have overeaten sunflower seeds, which damage their livers and kidneys. The seeds are mostly waste from a nearby oil factory.

Read more: dev.allheadlinenews.com...

The birds found on the streets of Faenza, about 30 miles southeast of Bologna, underwent numerous tests. Even though official results aren’t out yet, Rodolfo Ridolfi, a director at the regional zoological institute said, "We are fairly confident the birds died as a result of massive indigestion."

Read more: dev.allheadlinenews.com...
BTW loads of interesting comments left on the www.huffingtonpost.com... about this news.
edit on 10-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ahhh.... pure gold.

Folks get paid to make a hypothesis and others get paid to print it. What a racket. I want in on this.

Indigestion? And they say crashing into a UFO is too "out there"?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
seriously? and to think, these ppl call themselves scientists?
soooooo, now i'm wondering ... the blackbirds suffered what, anemia?
oh yeah right, fireworks, 3 days prior.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Oh,yes,I really believe it was indigestion

Maybe they had been eating seeds from monsanto.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
why do I get the distinct feeling
I am being fed horse manure ????

I remember not too long ago where
another investigation revealed another
hard to swallow conclusion.

a torpedo belonging to North Korea

air around gulf of Mexico is safe to breathe

and many many more including the
9/11 omission report.

U will hear what news they want you
to hear, nothing more. u sheeple should know
this by now. Nothing to see here,
move along folks.

Here's an experiment I did back when I was
a teenager and got similar results.

I was on the beach underneath a flock of Sea Gulls.
And my buddy told me to toss up an Antacid pill
into the air and the gulls would catch & swallow it and die.
And sure enough, they did. Birds do not have the
ability to burp. Their intestines exploded and
they had blue beaks. That was over 25 years ago
so the Statue of Limitations is up on that incident.
So I'm sharing the results.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Surely it is poisoning...accumulated over the last 6 months following the BP fiasco and the even worse response of using Corexit to "disperse" the oil.
It causes all the nasty poisons in crude oil to be absorbed fully into every living cell of every plant and animal with which it comes in contact.

There's no question in my mind what the cause of all this is.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In Klamath, California, around 20 years ago, there was an absolute invasion of caterpillars.

I mean, the ground was crawling with them, the school my uncle worked at had them all over the floors. The carpeting in my uncles house, the car, EVERYWHERE was covered in caterpillar guts. You literally couldn't step without hitting a few.

AND...the ground was covered in birds. Many were alive and just unable to fly because they weighed too much. The rest were dead--overate themselves.

So, through my observations, most birds who overeat can't even fly--I've seen it with my own eyes.
edit on 1/10/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Here's an experiment I did back when I was
a teenager and got similar results.

I was on the beach underneath a flock of Sea Gulls.
And my buddy told me to toss up an Antacid pill
into the air and the gulls would catch & swallow it and die.
And sure enough, they did. Birds do not have the
ability to burp. Their intestines exploded and
they had blue beaks. That was over 25 years ago
so the Statue of Limitations is up on that incident.
So I'm sharing the results.

I totally thought that was an urban legend...

join