It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords shooting: Frightening, twisted shrine in Arizona killer Jared Lee Loughner's yar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I must be missing something.

Since when did a toy skull in a planter, with "shriveled oranges" = an "occult altar"?

Yeah, okay. You may all continue to grasp at straws now.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
I'm sorry, but I must be missing something.

Since when did a toy skull in a planter, with "shriveled oranges" = an "occult altar"?

Yeah, okay. You may all continue to grasp at straws now.

Yes you are certainly missing a whole lot about Old European Witchcraft and some of the African religions but don't worry. The guy was still a nut.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I was led to believe this would be a "frightening" and "twisted" shrine, and due to the replies, it was to be a open-and-shut case of an occult altar.

Neither of these ring true. Looks like something setup as a joke.
edit on 10-1-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would have guessed it was halloween deco they never bothered to take down.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hahaha this is great watching all the left wing satanist back track on *Don't point fingers at the occult* but they will point the finger at Palin.... You guys are killing me (NOT LITTERALY) (AS IN FUNNY HAHAHA)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by tiger5

I was led to believe this would be a "frightening" and "twisted" shrine, and due to the replies, it was to be a open-and-shut case of an occult altar.

Neither of these ring true. Looks like something setup as a joke.
edit on 10-1-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

The reason I posted this is exactly what you are stating. I, the OP, have already stated that it loos more like halloween decor, or a smoke hut than anything else. I think that stories presented like these by the MSM are not even loosely based on fact, and are irresponsible. Can please shift the discussion to that topic, then?

We are almost all in agreement on a few things.

1) This is a pathetic excuse for a shrine, and can hardly be called that.

2) Loughner was a pothead, and probably needed a place to smoke. Keep in mind this thing was covered with a cammo net.

3) The MSM is toting this around as proof of occult ritual, with no other supporting evidence.

Questions to the ATS Community.

Are they being grossly negligent and irresponsible in their reporting?

What is it called when something that isn't fact is reported as fact?

What are the legal repurcussions to reporting something that isn't fact, as fact?

Could this hurt the prosecutions case, that the MSM has been so grossly irresponsible in it's "reporting"?

Star to some of the more grounded replies.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Considering we know this guy was a pot smoker, I'd say it is more likely to be a smoke room (a place outside of the house, out of view, with scented candles to cover up the smell & some cheesy skull decor for a cool look) & less likely to be some half-assed Satanic alter.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

"3) The MSM is toting this around as proof of occult ritual, with no other supporting evidence."

Well that is plain irresponsible. This looks like things I have seen in Brazil and Cuba with real skulls. Many however this is a representation a bit like what the Goths do. Most Goths are perfectly charming but have lousy taste in music.

MSM will never prove this to be an occult ritual. The shooter is a complete nutjob. Nutjobs often mix everything up in a complete mess. Politics, Occultism and TV and Film.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterCrowley
Hahaha this is great watching all the left wing satanist back track on *Don't point fingers at the occult* but they will point the finger at Palin.... You guys are killing me (NOT LITTERALY) (AS IN FUNNY HAHAHA)

There is nothing Satanic in any of the pictures. Nothing he has said or done has anything to do with Satanism. No Satanists have been saying he should reload and look to second amendment remedies. If you see ANY link to Satanism at all, please point that out.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The condition of our news reporters is that they will report anything and we will accept or deny it at face value. When it comes to private citizens, it is not necessary to provide evidence anymore for any accusation. Whoever first wrote this story ought be charged with libel, as according to false light laws, this is a case of it.

Considering they will be charging him for murder, I doubt that the ridiculousness of this story will harm or hamper in any way the prosecution's case. When will he testify?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

There aren't occult religions... Because you say so?

Santeria is considered occult by many people, and yet has thousands (millions?) of followers. The same with Satanism and Voodoo. To say there are no occult religions is nothing but intellectual dishonesty.

I'm not saying he did this because he's practicing any form of religion. I was simply addressing your ignorance of the sacrifice of animals in today's society.

The only way to understand the occult is to study it for yourself. Then you might realize that once you start understanding it, that religions (which are organizations) are completely separate things. The religious organizations use occultic symbolism and knowledge, but they have their own agenda and promises.

The best way I learned to describe it is that religion is the right handed path (sheep lead in a herd) and those true to the occult are the left-handed path (goats). My point here is that religions are not occultic, regardless if they use occultic symbolism. There are definitely syndicates and orders of occult followers, but there is no religion for it because occult knowledge goes beyond petty religious set ups.

And I never said there wasn't animal sacrifices today. I said that to blame the occult for it is pure ignorance.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The fact is that every religion has an Esoteric (Occult) and an Exoteric (outward or public side) Most of the laity engages in mostly empty ritual as they have no natural feeling for the esoteric side. Why should they? TPTB do not want them to start having ANY revelations as these disrupt the power structure as it means anyone can therefore be their own priest. Of course some people who have natural intuition make tyheir own breakthroughs.

Rgds

T

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i heard on the radio tonight that his family was barricaded in the house and not allowing authorities inside. i would hope they would have gotten a search warrant but it makes me curious what the dynamic in the family was?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Are they being grossly negligent and irresponsible in their reporting?

I'd say more likely, they're going for the sensational. To the MSM, Satan worship is all spooky and scary. They don't understand Satanism any more than they understand Islam, but it isn't Christianity, so it's just as scary and they can push the fear level JUST a little higher (as if JLL being a mass murderer isn't frightening enough).

What is it called when something that isn't fact is reported as fact?

FOX News?
Seriously, almost all news on cable is just that. Rumor.

What are the legal repurcussions to reporting something that isn't fact, as fact?

For the News Networks? Nothing. The majority of people believe it. Some of us look further.

Could this hurt the prosecutions case, that the MSM has been so grossly irresponsible in it's "reporting"?

Not unless the prosecution is charging him with Satanism. It's pretty clear that he's guilty of what he's being charged with. Whether or not he had an altar is irrelevant. He killed people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join