It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somalia's al-Shabab bans mixed-sex handshakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by TheWill
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I hadn't thought of that part of it but you're absolutely right. Why should any human beings body be governed.

In that case why has France banned muslim women wearing Burka and niqab (islamic clothes)?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Although I don't necessarily agree with that, I don't think it is on the same level. Banning certain items of clothing and jewellery is contravercial and may to an extent affect peoples human rights but at the end of the day, is banning burkhas any more intrusive to someones human rights than banning hoodies in shopping centers? I believe that you get slapped with a fine for breaking the Burkha law, not sentenced to death or mutilation.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Another example of the ridiculous laws imposed by extreme muslims... words fail me.

Your thought processes fail you. How about you fail yourself and read a book other than the bible or the New York Times

1. What are you on about?
2. I live in the UK and don't have access to the New York Times
3. Im agnostic and don't read the bible or any other 'holy book'

I am merely asking the question why?

I live in a society which is full of cultures from all over the world and I enjoy the diversity. However, here in the UK it is not the norm to ban normal social activities so find it hard to understand the thought process behind it. This is not about bashing muslims, it is about questioning the reasons behind extreme branches of certain religions.

I must admit I made an unfair ASSumption of your post and I apologize. Your response to my post proved to me that perhaps I could have used better judgment in the words I used. I must also admit that the rest of your response pertaining to the OP was very well worded and I agree 100%

I can be stubborn in my ways but I am able to admit when I am wrong.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As a somalian muslim i say wtf is wrong with you people! Are you serious!! with all the other current events going on you guys look at this as a problem??

What about the Europeans that ban the muslim woman from wearing hijab in there cities? and you guys are battering US muslims about who we give hand shakes to?? Get Serious . Duckilings

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lifer201

Its not only about this law, this is just last tip of the iceberg of absurd and cruel laws al-Shabab forced onto Somali people.

Are you really from Somalia? What can you tell us about al-Shabab and their strict sharia laws and activities in the region? Is this report accurate?: en.wikipedia.org...

We would really appreciate a first hand account.
edit on 11/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Good! It's about time someone stood up against this vile act of a greeting! Can you imagine a hand of a man touching that of a woman?! It makes me sick!

(Yes, that was sarcasm!)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I appreciate your honesty

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by Misterlondon
It's just a different religion and culture.. I don't know why people let it bother them so much

I agree, in fact as my neighbourhood is now FULL of somalis, your words are a shining example.

That they form gangs, segregate themselves, hate white people in general (not outright) and roam in gangs now here, golly What great times!

They are just different.

Thank you Misterlondon for understanding..

*whispers you idiot *

Idoiot!!! Who the hell do you think you are??

Bit upset are we?

Aww

If you had half a Brain you would realise,
I wasn't talking about somalians roaming around your neighbourhood..
I was talking about cultural differences in different countries!
Living in an area with a high Somali population myself, I'm fully aware of the problems they can cause.. But that is not what I'm talking about..
Before you get on your high horse and start offending people, make sure you at least have got the right point..
Nowhere in my posts or the op does it say anything about what you've mentioned..
Take your racism somewhere else!!!

There there, don't cry little one - it's all ok. Your friends still like you..

Now lets think for a moment, Culture in different countries.. right?

Well, the culture here is exactly as I stated it.. You don't like that much huh. Sure there are the minority who stick to themselves, hell, they even mostly brawl amongst themselves, I hear it's a cultural thing.

but then you live in your ivory tower and sneer down on us peons with your holier than thou rhetoric, and dare tell me whats what?

If your intention was to say "They're great people, in their own country!" well kudos.

but it wasn't. it did not have that last part,which implies All countries, and I stated my opinion on what I've lived with.

you cant handle it? Should I pickle this egg or boil it for you to suck on?

edit on 14/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join