It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin's Back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that every Iraqi rebel is one of Bins people? I think that many, if not most of the Iraqis who are fighting against us are either former Baathist who object to the loss of their priveleged position or plain old nationalists who do not like to see armed foriegners on their turf.
Certainly Bin Laden and others like him can play up the "west against Islam" line but Im not sure it motivates anyone but the Islamic extremists who hate the west anyhow.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
right, it's america's fault for enticing bin ladan and other terrorists! that's some serious anti-american bull#! bin laden wants all westerners dead, don't try to write that off as light. the war on terror is not just a bush thing, it's very real. now yes the warnings from above aren't needed, but you morons need to take a position when it comes to terrorists. i don't care if you don't like bush, for your own sake realize it actually IS us against them (westerners against middle eastern terrorists).

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A stable, independant Iraq along with a stable, independant Afghanistan are our best defense against the appearance of America simply striking out at Muslims. In the end the people of Iraq will be much better off for our having been there, just as the average Afghani is much better off now than they were four years ago.
The true fight is against the extremists and any regimes or organizations that support them. The American people did not choose Bin Laden as an enemy. He chose us. The American peple id not choose Saddam as an enemy. He chose us.
The sorry truth is that there are other countries that have funded and supported attacks against us and in time they will pay too.
Remember the Marine Barracks in Beriut? Iran and Syria bought and paid for the murder of those men. The clock is ticking.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I highly doubt Bin Laden is still alive, most likely he died months ago, however he is still a symbol to many Muslim's. When we attacked Afghanistan there was no turning back, we claimed Bin Laden was responsible without giving solid evidence. This made many Muslim's nervous because they now saw America as a threat to their very survival, not like the many years of bad foreign policy helped sway their compassion.

Attacking Iraq basically sealed our fate, not only did our imperialistic aggression's become evident but also our continued support of Israel's tactics against Palestine just pissed people off (not that terrorist bombing is much better, but on a whole Israel is no saint). Lets face it, these people want retribution in blood, and I dont know if peace is possible any more.

Now getting back to the topic, Its just my opinion, but it seems that our government is continuing to use fear as an ally. Just make the people believe there is immenent threat and they will agree to anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeldren
I highly doubt Bin Laden is still alive, most likely he died months ago, however he is still a symbol to many Muslim's.

I agree... I believed long ago that he was done in. I also felt that it would be pretty stupid of the US to admit to killing him... Just take him out and quielty push the dirt over the cave entrance.

Just like Hussein. I was thinking is would be a lot smarter to have a few agents sneak into Iraq (or help some of his Iraqi friends do it) and take him out while making it look like an inside job. Then he'd be gone and no one would hate the US for having done it.

Once you do it with a big invasion, all the [insert your favorite nationality/religion/race] will hate you and use that action as a recruiting tool.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
LOL....

no, I'm not suggesting every muslim extremist in Iraq is a follower of Bin;
I'm suggesting zillions more anti-US factions will spring to light because
our presence there substantiates the anti-western cause. (IE: America is after our oil/ America wants to dominate all muslims, etc...)

Common sense people.

You don't send ground troops into a hotbed of muslim extremists.
Asking our troops to "beat" bomb-hurling wingnuts seems a tad sadistic on our part.

But what do most Americans care? Lets face it - most Americans won't be volunteering at VA hospitals. Most Americans are too spoiled to sit amongst amputees. Right bummer that cuz if they weren't so darn spoiled and self absorbed they might get a realistic view of war.

We have over 7 thousands US casualties thus far. Look into Landstuhl
Germany, where many of our troops are sent when they are injured.

Extremists are throwing bombs at them, people. Bombs cause others to lost their limbs. We have TONS of young amputees because America
was dumb/selfish enuf to keep those soldiers over there.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
doesn't seem like Operation Iraqi Freedom stopped him.....

How true is that?! We won't be attacked by Iraq anymore, eh?

Wait a minute....we weren't attacked by them in the first place! I bet if we attack Iran, that'll show 'em!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Wait a minute....we weren't attacked by them in the first place! I bet if we attack Iran, that'll show 'em!

Damned, if you are referring to the Iran/Iraq war you are spot on.
It pretty much sums up Mid' East 'tribal' history to this very day.

Sanc'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join