It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

atlantean medallion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It looks brand new to me... So I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i'm going to agree with TheBandit, it looks too new, clean cut, and overall flawless. I know that atlantis was supposed to have superior technology at their time, but at 10's of thousands of years ago, I highly doubt it would be to laser precision.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
i'm going to agree with TheBandit, it looks too new, clean cut, and overall flawless. I know that atlantis was supposed to have superior technology at their time, but at 10's of thousands of years ago, I highly doubt it would be to laser precision.

Thats just the thing.
What if they indeed could make it "lazer precision" ... what would that mean.

Remember the crystal skulls? Noone is even close to understanding how the heck anyone pulled those of. Not even with current tech :@

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
yup i agree with matrix but they are pretty dang flawless. howzabout explaining what kinda writing that is.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
why is it that in pne picture (the one from the back) you see chain loops at the top but no hinge.

and in the other two you see a hing but no chain loops?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
maybe the hinge can onnly be seen on one side and also it is supposed to open up it says so that is probably the hinge for it too open.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
*ahem*
It's a publicity campaign for a book. A fiction book. As in "not true, and the author made it all up."
www.wakemanpublishing.com...

www.wakemanpublishing.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
dang byrd you just proved me wrong and shut me down. o well i guess that is another thing debunked by ats.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
*claps enthusiastically for Byrd's debunking*

If it weren't for Byrd I'd either be the neo-Atlantean priest-king of this forum, or I'd have stopped coming.
Three cheers.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hehe...yep, we've debunked this one before here...but it was some time ago, when it first surfaced....

Remember the crystal skulls? Noone is even close to understanding how the heck anyone pulled those of. Not even with current tech :@

Not so...also a hoax, normally I'm not a big proponent of skepdic.com, but often, they do do their homework, and I'm going with them in the case of the skulls... Check there for some fairly thorough debunking of the skulls...

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
just looking at the "item" a bit more, the writing looks like the sigils in Barret's "The Magus," in itself a cheap knock-off of Cornelius Agrippa's "Three books of occult philosophy."

I think I gave my first girlfriend a necklace that looked just like it, when we went to the 8th grade prom.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Have to forgive me...I'm just picturing Ming as an 8th grader going to the prom, hehe....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I looked like the other geeks in YOUR 8th grade yearbook, gazrok.

I took Dale to the 8th grad prom, but afterwards she ditched me for some guy from the junior varsity football team . . .

[edit on 9-7-2004 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Not so...also a hoax, normally I'm not a big proponent of skepdic.com, but often, they do do their homework, and I'm going with them in the case of the skulls... Check there for some fairly thorough debunking of the skulls...

Some of the skulls are fake and traced back to origin. Like the Hedges one bought in the UK at Sothaby, the load of german skulls that had clear machinery markings on them.

The 'magical properties' some people keep whining about are also just their emotions getting the upperhand on them when they see them, instead of an actual force from the skulls.

Saying "THE crystal skulls are fake and debunked" as in ALL of them, is a blatently wrong assumption though. Some of them are debunked and declared fake, but far from all.

Its like saying that all UFO sightings are fake and debunked, while maybe only 1% of them is debunked and the rest of all sightings is still undiscussed, reported or researched.

top topics

join