It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman Shot in Head... ATS Loses Mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I am actually a little bit surprised. You would think that the people who participate in ATS should know above all others the reality of the false left/right paradigm. But look at some of the most popular threads regarding the shooting of an American Congressman and 18 other people, so many seem to be jumping into the trap of blaming the other side that they're forgetting to keep watching what the puppet masters are doing - never let a crises go to waste right.

Right now the main thought is that it was a lone psycho gunman that did it - strange that it ALWAYS seems to end in that. Funny how the government seems to have shut down all of his social accounts too - except for the ONE that makes him look like a psycho. How do we know he really made those videos?

Do we really know why the shooter did what he did in Arizona? No. But can we see what the powers that be are doing because of it... YES WE CAN. We know that they stopped all of their big agenda votes for now. We know that the reinstatement of the police state Patriot Act is coming up very soon. How do you think they will spin that one now? There's already a bill attacking the Second Amendment that has been submitted - go figure? And who do you suppose benefits the most as the result of this shooter - drum role - BIG BROTHER DOES!

The main stream media mantra has become 'We need to tone down the rhetoric' - Do we? What do they mean that 'First Amendment' stuff rhetoric like free speech and an unregulated internet? I don't think we do, in fact it is my opinion that if 'Gabby' could talk today she would say full speed ahead with the peaceful political revolution whose beginning came to fruition in November, we shouldn't slow down on our efforts, we should double them! Very coincidental how they had just barely been sworn in when all this happened.

Then you have all of the totalitarian big government lovers on the left like the SPLC and the DHS all trying to blame the people who want small out of my face style government like the Tea Parties and Constitution supporters on the right. Taking any press opportunity either side can find to bash the other side when nobody really has any clue why the shooter did anything.

Perhaps the most ridicules posts here on ATS about this are the anti Palin posts. Sure some of the people in the Palin camp had posted ads and such targeting Congressman Giffords, but so did the Daily KOS (Images below). Either way the word 'target' is an acceptable word used in politics to indicate something to be defeated politically, not by the use of weapons. Think about it, with what you already know about the shooter, is there really anyone anywhere that truly believes that this guy is a Sarah Palin supporter? Do you really think he's in a jail somewhere saying he did it because of his Support for Sarah, when he volunteered at the book fair do you think he was walking around wearing a Sarah Palin for president T-shirt, how asinine is that.

Then there's a whole crew of finger pointers saying some poor unfortunate ATS member who went by the alias 'erad3' was really the shooter because supposedly his writing style was similar. I have already seen this one develop to the point where people unequivocally equate the shooter with this 'erad3' and there is absolutely no proof whatsoever. Try to imagine what a surprise it would be for you if in the future some fool shoots a bunch of people somewhere and the people at that time start equating your alias and writing style with that shooter. Then all of a sudden you have all of these people in the world thinking you are some psycho killer without a shred of evidence. The only thing you ever did was have an account on ATS that you stopped using. That's just sick.

And while everybody is taking a political position to use the shooting of a Congressman to bash the other side somehow the noose gets tighter in the real world and nobody seems to notice because they are all too occupied with trying to blame each other. Divide and conquer the peasants then laugh at how foolish they are, this is exactly what the powers that be want.

edit on 10-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: embed img

edit on 10-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: symantics

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

We know they will use this incident, whether planned or otherwise, to try and push through more laws..
That's normal as you say..

But this bit.

Then there's a whole crew of finger pointers saying some poor unfortunate ATS member who went by the alias 'erad3' was really the shooter because supposedly his writing style was similar.

It was not just their writing style but also the user name..
Do you not also think the FBI or whoever didn't check the IP and notify ATS.??

I'm pretty sure ATS knows more than they are saying, which is nothing..
But that's to be expected..I have no problem with that..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

yes there is no doubt that is his ATS profile. I cant believe anyone would even question it. Some people can have something right in their face and not recognize it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Maybe it is maybe it isn't - but I'm absolutely certain that the alphabet men could have created both the ATS and YouTube accounts if - they - wanted to.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
I am actually a little bit surprised. You would think that the people who participate in ATS should know above all others the reality of the false left/right paradigm.

Then you have all of the totalitarian big government lovers on the left like the SPLC and the DHS all trying to blame the people who want small out of my face style government like the Tea Parties and Constitution supporters on the right.

edit on 10-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: embed img

Well it is quite clear that you would be identified as a neocon simply because of your abovementioned comment about the SPLC. Still I suppose that I should be gratefull that you have correctly identified them to be to the left of centtre.

Anyway you are still part of the blame game and use the left right paradigm. I support your democratic right to be but must point out the pervasiveness of the left right paradigm. All sides make political capital to advance themselves. When the so called left was being bashed many chuckled and had a spring in their step. When the media correctly identified the rightwing connections most of ATS had a heartattack and slunk away from the embarassing implication. The phrase "Own goal comes to mind".

Still he was a nutcase and the whole thing is getting stranger.
edit on 10-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by tiger5 because: edit out images

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

Maybe it is maybe it isn't - but I'm absolutely certain that the alphabet men could have created both the ATS and YouTube accounts if - they - wanted to.

It was an old account and other members remember the members posts..
He was quite irratic...

The truth is sometimes what it seems..Nothing more..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

OP...um I would just like to point out that it was a Congresswoman, not a Congressman who was shot in the head. You might want to change the title of your thread, also there are about 3 existing threads concerning this topic already.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I definitely do not believe a word that is said by the MSM and I'm certainly not a NeoCon.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It wasn't just the name, the writing style and the same delusions, it was the same weird artwork.

Ok, say it wasn't. Someone better be finding that dude and making sure he doesn't buy a Glock and get him to a doctor.
Put it that way.

It will be used -politicians are like vampires feeding on emotionally charged events - and it wasn't just the politiicans, it was everyone with an agenda. I don't even think they got the woman to the hospital before the oh gun control, those tea partiers, Sara Palin did it, why wasn't there security there??????

Bleh.

Oh, by the way. I hate the mere thought of CPS. Did you know that guy listed CPS on one of his pages as his employer? Ohhhhh (He's a real buffet, something for everyone, gotta get mine.)
edit on 10-1-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Might want to read my above post before continuing discussion regarding this subject. Mods??? How many threads about this will we have???

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Actually she would say "See, I told you." and continue saying to tone down the violent rhetoric.
Yes we know politicians use incidences like these, but it doesn't strip away rights to say tone down the violent rhetoric, you will and should always have the right to it, but the intelligence and consideration to avoid it if it isn't necessary. Especially when spreading it to a sea of strangers many of which could be mentally ill.

edit on 10-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: youtube clip

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord has already confirmed he was a member of ATS...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The "Erad3" user account was banned primarily to prevent mischief. There's a great deal of information about Loughner becoming public, meaning it may be possible for someone with a desire for inappropriate mischievousness to guess his password and attempt to post via the account.

The threads remain in public so as to aid those who are attempting to understand who Loughner is and what drove his madness. The threads he started are closed to prevent potential confusion (caused by new replies) for those doing their research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
"ATS Loses Its Mind"

I find this statement highly offensive, I haven't lost my mind yet...but if any more threads concerning this same subject come up I just might

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staysay29

yes there is no doubt that is his ATS profile. I cant believe anyone would even question it. Some people can have something right in their face and not recognize it.

I have heard this and asked, however nobody has answered my questions (maybe you would?)
How did you figure out he was/is a member?

TY

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No need for violent rhetoric when peaceful rhetoric and revolution works just fine.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Actually she would say "See, I told you." and continue saying to tone down the violent rhetoric.
Yes we know politicians use incidences like these, but it doesn't strip away rights to say tone down the violent rhetoric, you will and should always have the right to it, but the intelligence and consideration to avoid it if it isn't necessary. Especially when spreading it to a sea of strangers many of which could be mentally ill.

edit on 10-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: youtube clip

Burn

I had no idea

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Apparently the OP hasn't read this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

All these threads concern the exact same thing as this thread. Can a Mod close this thread please????

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

To the best of my knowledge it was suggested around page 30 or so in the original thread about the shooting by another member and then it quickly became a witch hunt. I have no idea how the member that found it all of a sudden came up with it but it didn't start out with any official ATS position.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I totally agree to a degree. Back in the day there would be allowed 1 breaking news item and a couple of threads. But these days with so many people wanting to pour their tin foil hats onto the screen you would literally see a thread roll over 100 pages in a few hours and that becomes very hard to keep up with when finally, you decide to sleep.

Perhaps try and browse individual forums for subjectmatter rather than scrolling the Recent Posts page. You could also focus on your myATS page to keep up with the thread you have commented in originally.
edit on 10/1/11 by spearhead because: toadd

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Apparently the OP hasn't read this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

All these threads concern the exact same thing as this thread. Can a Mod close this thread please????

None of those threads are about how ATS has lost its mind as a result of the shooting like this thread is.

Mod... You can disregard that request.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join