It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash flood wreaks havoc through Toowoomba Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Queensland Police Service: (facebook)

All residents in low lying areas of Strathpine and Caboolture should evacuate immediately. Cars should be moved from low lying areas. The flood levels are expected to be greater than the 1974 floods. Do not stay in your homes please leave immediately

Road update, Oxley
Please be advised, Blunder and Oxley Roads near the Ipswich Motorway are currently inundated with water.

Flood waters rising - Pine River Bridge in Strathpine
Flood waters are rising and police are warning that the Pine River Bridge in Strathpine is about to go under.

Laidley Emergency Alert Notification
An Emergency Alert has been issued for flash flooding in Laidley. Laidley is likely to experience rapidly rising water levels and property inundation, posing an immediate danger to residents. ...

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING - South east district, Darling Downs & Granite Belt

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING - for heavy rainfall leading to flash flooding and worsening the existing river flood situation For people in the Southeast Coast District and the Darling Downs and Granite Belt District southeast of Dalby to Goondiwindi...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Police scanner saying all creeks/rivers in Caboolture Burpengary areas are rising quickly. Hubby in that area, he probably won't be able to get home tonight.

Fingers crossed for you zenius

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here's video of Toowoomba yesterday that shows how quickly everything flooded!
www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

My daughter is in Caboolture. Can't find a flood map for 1974. Cars stuck on hwy south bound lane are covered in water now.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11shaman11
www.youtube.com...#!

That is one quick-thinking, brave (?) dude.

Especially considering how fast that water was rising.

If it was my car I would have just left it cause I wouldn't have the nerve for that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11shaman11
www.youtube.com...#!

The guy saving his 4x4 is an absolutely idiot. His car could have been swept away and yet he was concerned with saving his car? I'm sure his family would have understood if he got swept into the flood waters saving the family 4x4... disgusting. It's people like him that should pay for their own rescues if they ever find themselves needing to be rescued.

My sister lives out at Wamuran which is Caboolture and apparently creeks are rising really fast out there, not to mention everywhere else in Caboolture. Surprising to see Strathpine is flooding as well I would have honestly never expected Strathpine to ever be susceptible to flood waters.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just heard evacuation notice over the Radio for Warwick (Gumbieville) although I checked the water levels a couple of hours ago it is rising very fast and our local dam now has 7 floodgates open to prevent it from reaching the 100% flood capacity it isn't designed for and won't be upgraded for until 2025.

Terrible effects from Toowoomba down to Brisbane with much more to come. All my relatives around the eastern part of the state are isolated with fast rising water making everyone plan for an evacuation contingency.

Stay safe everyone, please don't take chances with the speed this water is rising everywhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalSea

Can you still get to woodford from caboolture

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Woldn't think it possible now with evacuation warnings for Caboolture this morning. Many creeks and rivers between Caboolture and Woodford that are sure to be over the bridges by now.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I am guessing that you probably won't be able too. Bruce Highway has been closed both ways hasn't it? Morayfield near the shopping centre and surrounding areas is going under. Half of King Street in Caboolture has been closed apparently as well my sister said.

Aren't they evacuating Caboolture / Morayfield because the flood waters are going to be worse than the 1974 floods? Does anyone know what the peak height of the flood waters were in 1974?

Stay safe Zenius, are you in the Caboolture area?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The road reports say D'Aguilar still open to Woodford, but who knows for how long. there are no resources left to keep check on it.
No, I'm just north of Caboolture and should be ok.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The road reports say D'Aguilar still open to Woodford, but who knows for how long. there are no resources left to keep check on it.
No, I'm just north of Caboolture and should be ok.

Ah, okay. Probably best to avoid any highways at present. Seems nowhere is safe from flood waters in that region. There might be a possibility that my area will soon flood as I am only 2 suburbs away from Strathpine basically and there are a few creeks around here.

Typical. I go back to work next week in the City and it looks like I probably won't be able to get to work by the looks of it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great now they are saying there is a king tide tomorrow at 3pm .Don't think today is going to have anything over tomorrow ,this is getting worse by the minute . All we need now is a meteor for iceing on the cake .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just in Nine News another 5 bodies recovered .This is heartbreaking .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Daughter got to Woodford but can't get to friends house due to water over the road. At least she is safe. That was a stressful hour!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A friend on facebook just said the Brisbane CBD is being evacuated!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nine News , Brisbane river has just broken it's banks .Brisbane City CBD now being evacuated .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
All public transport in brisbane city is now stopping. flooding underway in brisbane city. the main worry with brisbane will aparently be this king tide expected tomorrow. water coming in and water trying to go out just doesnt add up to a good situation. This is getting very very bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Ha Denyer must have read that because he's on now crying crodile tears .The networks loves this pain , chance for a aria award for journalism .Parasites.

Haha I saw that and thought of my post too...

I don't know, he was smiling and grinning with the lady who's husband just had a heart attack and she can't get out to see him, just made me think this twit cannot feel it or something... Psychopath tendencies...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Flood in Ipswich
This is a street light !!!!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join