It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinister Revelation about Jared Lee Loughner's Currency Video? You Decide.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Think about this:

Are this disturbed individual's thoughts regarding "I can make my own currency" so wrong? Who invented the system? Can we not remake the system?

Not too long ago, the world did not have cell phones, internet, or television. And the invention of these devices changed the world as we know it. Can we not also figure out a way to survive on this planet, in this reality without the construct of a monetary system? I believe that we can do it. And by doing so, in a way, we will be making our own type of currency. A world without it.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
What I see and intuit is that he grasped that the money system was controlled by someone and that currency COULD BE created. He grasped that everyone used language and that language was important as a type of mental framework we all had to use, but that someone controlled the laws of grammar and it wasn't him, so that meant that someone else had access to the grammar and the currency that he was stuck with.
He had the AHA but was too psychotic to express the sublime inspiration that he was filled with- that he was born into and dependant on very basic things that control the framework of reality.
He had, IMO, a clear view down the left hand path.
That said, he knew there was a logic and he was trying to come to terms with it. He was crazy as hades but trying to deal logically with the ahas that were flooding in his brain.

He had the realization that he made his own reality and that he was in control. I think that is why he killed, because he was psychotic and believed that it was ALL his reality and that all he had to do was change it. That was his coin- change- currency- control- grammar- thought control.
IE I will change things. I will make my own currency(change) I will control the grammar. I will control the logic. I will control my own mind. I will control my destiny. Oh heck I am so out of control, I must make my own currency, then I can change.

That is exactly what I got out of his ATS postings about language and currency.

The second part of your post makes complete sense. If your conscious life if but a waking dream, ala The Matrix, then you should be able to effect an outcome by changing it. That was the fatal flaw in his reasoning. He was wrong about all of us being a product of his mind. Or alternately, perhaps he spent too much time sleeping, obsessing about lucid dreaming that he became confused between dreaming and reality?

The obsession about lucid dreaming seems like a desperate attempt by him to have some sense of control over his life. This also meshes with his attempts to "clean up, eat healthy and stop partying," shortly before the attempted assassination.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Looking at his fascination with logic (i.e. numerous "if / then" statements and arguments), it seems to me that he was struggling to grasp some sense of a concrete reality.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Is not language also constantly being re-invented? Every day new words, new slang are introduced into daily life and our language is ever changing. People one-hundred years ago spoke in a vastly different manner. This individuals views about language are interesting. But, I should point out that I vehemently disagree with using violence to force your views and beliefs upon others. And tragically this is what happened with this individual. Though there are times where it is necessary, for example, when our founding fathers invented their revolution to overthrow the monarchy and establish a "free" world, and they went to war, and killed many people in order to establish their "order", that is viewed as right, and ok. But I do not believe that the killing of innocents is the way to go about getting people to hear your ideas, and it saddens me to think that there are people who think that it is the only way.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hmmm

If we are a year behind (2010 is really 2011) then the October 2011 predictioms might have some merit, as it would be on the precipice of December 2012.

Weirdness.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Is not language also constantly being re-invented? Every day new words, new slang are introduced into daily life and our language is ever changing. People one-hundred years ago spoke in a vastly different manner. This individuals views about language are interesting. But, I should point out that I vehemently disagree with using violence to force your views and beliefs upon others. And tragically this is what happened with this individual. Though there are times where it is necessary, for example, when our founding fathers invented their revolution to overthrow the monarchy and establish a "free" world, and they went to war, and killed many people in order to establish their "order", that is viewed as right, and ok. But I do not believe that the killing of innocents is the way to go about getting people to hear your ideas, and it saddens me to think that there are people who think that it is the only way.

I vaguely remember a movie, "The Wave", when I watched the videos about currency and grammar. It was so easy for one teacher to start a revolution.

The first sign of concern came when some students had taken it uponthemselves to report others who did not conform. After just four days, things got out of hand. Jones feared for the safety of a few students who refused to participate. To his dismay and alarm, the experiment was so blindly embraced by the students, that he cut the project short. "Initially I just wanted to show my students how powerful the pressure to belong can be, but the exercise got out of control. A momentum began to build that I couldn't slow, or even deter. I became frightened by the day-to-day happenings in class, and was forced to call it off," recalls Jones.

Overnight, Jones became the subject of national controversy, sparking discussion on the appropriateness of exposing young adults to life's realities. To some, he was an innovative hero and teacher; to others he was a Communist. Many people were shocked and embarrassed that the same mentality which led to the Holocaust could develop so quickly, in 1967, in a pristine all-American setting, and an academic town no less, home to the well-known Stanford University

Source: www.thewave.tk...

The rest of the story is worth reading, and the summary is clear and brief. It is basically demonstrating the power of the individual to move mountains. When we look at society today, how many words are merely created out of thin air? They are at first, trend, then common.

I am also reminded of the language in 1984 "Newspeak" which Winston, the protagonist, explains has the only dictionary that gets smaller each edition.

I actually did my own experiment back in my high school days. I wore lab goggles on my head, with flames drawn in sharpie all over them. I did this for about a month before others were doing it as well. After enough people were doing it, I promptly stopped and proclaimed how stupid it was for anyone to do that. Most people had forgotten that I, myself, started the trend. The human mind and spirit really can control trendsetting, and move mountains.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I just made my account to point this out to everybody here, but Mr. Loughner seems to be just a byproduct or Meme of Bernard Poolman, Leader of This south African cult called Destini Productions, that is very heavily into changing the way one speaks and different means of currency for "pseudo enlightenment" and world change. It was eerie when I noticed it today and did a little research and there was a line he used that a cult used here used in one of his youtube rants "ad hominem", I've heard him use before regard control through jargon. Also they shave their heads and do generaly crazy things...I know I'm kinda making a freaking shot in the dark here but I guarantee this is gonna hit...Check it out for yourself Destini Productions on youtube and heres a snippet from another site reguarding the cultists movement.
forum.rickross.com...,62042,83733 (Have to copy and paste)
Thanks for reading and Hullo my favorite site which I've finally decide to join!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What he said... ^^^

It's all here;

www.desteni.co.za...

Clearly the use of the 'new currency' references and 'dreamstate' and whatever else.

What happens when a psychopathic schizophrenic is influenced by an insane cult. I think we just found out.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Strikingly similar, no?! I remembered seeing the baldies do their channeling/trance thing and doing the backwards speak and having a good laugh, but cults like that are dangerous for those who have already have a loose grasp on reality. Hell, they're poisonous to most people to begin with. I cant even imagine what someone who "has all the answers" could suggest, not necessarily to him personally, but in general. I vaguely remember hearing a few posts about them fighting back or opposing the system. (something to that effect)
Thanks again for your post. Glad to know I was the only one who saw that connection

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deusma12
reply to post by the.lights

Strikingly similar, no?! I remembered seeing the baldies do their channeling/trance thing and doing the backwards speak and having a good laugh, but cults like that are dangerous for those who have already have a loose grasp on reality. Hell, they're poisonous to most people to begin with. I cant even imagine what someone who "has all the answers" could suggest, not necessarily to him personally, but in general. I vaguely remember hearing a few posts about them fighting back or opposing the system. (something to that effect)
Thanks again for your post. Glad to know I was the only one who saw that connection

It's intriguing to say the least. I bet once the FBI do a trawl of Laughner's computer they'll find a connection to Destini. The fact that he spoke in their 'speak', used their questioning form of logic to a ridiculously heightened degree, and then shaved his head before he did what he did. Can't be just coincidence.

Also, is it just me, or does his reference to the strange new bird look an awful lot like the weird Destini amalgam bird creature they use?

And yes, only one or two others on ATS are mentioning this connection. It seems as though the rest on here aren't interested or something. Odd for a site full of people wanting to get to the truth of a matter that they would ignore this.
edit on 11-1-2011 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes, well spotted guys, the Destini connection seems to be a good fit. I've dealt with a few psychotics over the years and Jareds stylised jargon instantly made me suspect that he's been influenced by some specific literature. I think part of the reason for him being in such an unhealthy state is his reported nihilism. It's like he's mixed the destini stuff with pure nihilism (and whatever else) and created a horrible hybrid. I think maybe that if he was using the destini philosophies in their native form he would have been able to explain himself slightly better but the nihilism tore everything up. Instead of restructuring his thoughts he decided to "destruct" them. Horrible mixture of belief in meaning and lack of meaning.

Whatever, but he is a typical psychotic. 100% lost the ability to construct ideas in any healthy manner.

I really like hadriana's analysis too. He was obviously having insights which then bounced around in his broken mental framework. Like he realised the importance of words and grammar in moulding perception but due to his nihilistic bent came to the conclusion that words are meaningless...kind of the inverse of the truth or something like that.

edit on 11-1-2011 by mrwiffler because: 'cause

top topics

<< 1   >>

join