It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was going on in the world on September 10th, 2001?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was wondering to myself why not check google to see what the news was on the day before 9/11

Army Study: Mossad Could Attack US and Blame Arabs

www.public-action.com...

U.S. troops would enforce peace under Army study

by Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times September 10, 2001

www.washtimes.com...

An elite U.S. Army study center has devised a plan for enforcing a major
Israeli-Palestinian peace accord that would require about 20,000 well-armed
troops stationed throughout Israel and a newly created Palestinian state.

There are no plans by the Bush administration to put American soldiers into
the Middle East to police an agreement forged by the longtime warring
parties. In fact, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld is searching for ways
to reduce U.S. peacekeeping efforts abroad, rather than increasing such
missions.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I also found a news article from the 10th saying that US troops were landing by the cargo plane full and media were being told it was for humanitarin purposes

I can't seem to find this link but I will keep trying

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

very cool. i never would have thought to look back like that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
hey everybody. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned but wasn't sept 10, 2001 the day that donald rumsfeld announced that 2.3 trillion dollars was unaccounted for at the pentagon? he said it completely disappeared. no trail. I got my fingers crossed that I'm not wrong but I recall hearing that was the day.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The planes were landing before 9/11? and they were military envoys? That's pretty sensational or extremely coincidental. I could not find any link to that story though.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good thinking,

Didn't Donald Rumsfeld announce the missing trillions at defense at the 10th as well ?

Edit: Omni beat me to it
edit on 10-1-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by onmiway

I think it was since 1998 that the DoD was unable to account for and lost track of much of what it spent on, and on Sep 10 2001 he admitted that it amounted to 2.3 tril, not that 2.3 tril had gone missing that day.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
yeah I'm surprised that wasn't the FIRST thing mentioned happening on this day considering we're on ATS but it's all good. that's the reason for being here to learn new and super exciting things. the whole 9/11 disaster sure made everybody forget the missing money but also the supposed plane that hit the pentagon went right into the accounting department. how interesting!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
www.514amw.afrc.af.mil...

thats the closest i could get. I think you might have mixed up numbers.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
is that so? I just knew he announced it that day but yeah I didn't think it all disappeared at once.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Pretty cool idea OP!

I have this Linky here;

I took your idea and ran it back to '93 when the first WTC attack occurred.

I haven't read my own link it in it's entirety to offer any endorsements on my part, and also, my endorsement doesn't mean squat anyway. To each his/her own research and findings.

There is however a peculiar semblance of the two attacks; that being previous warnings ahead of time that weren't heeded-----to my satisfaction. But I'm just a nobody -law abiding -tax-paying citizen...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by onmiway

In my signature, the "woops" link kinda describes what happened to the money, if you want to believe the source...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Found it!

American soldiers have been residing for a week now at a military base near Karshi, 300 kilometers from the capital Tashkent, towards the border with Turkmenistan. Their number is unknown. Journalists are not allowed to go near the military base, and Uzbekistan's television, which is under tight government control, does not report on the matter.

Hence, it is not exactly clear what the U.S. soldiers have been doing since they arrived in huge cargo planes. Their official purpose is to participate in "humanitarian and rescue missions," as it was defined last week in a meeting between Uzbeki President Karimov and U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

It is possible that the soldiers and planes are participating in the distribution of food parcels to refugees in Afghanistan via parachute. Some of the food supplies are stored in emergency warehouses in Turkmenistan, which has long borders with both Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.

I'm not sure if Uzbekistan is close to iraq and all that though but this was reporrted on the 10th of Sept, 2001

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

what the news was on the day before 9/11

some more(hundreds of) days before 9/11 may be nice addition to your question:
www.historycommons.org...
edit on 10-1-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
How did I not hear about the money or troops? Thanks for bringing this up. Crazy how that all got swept under the rug.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And none of you have noticed the current thread about the 2.3 trillion and how its a non-issue in regards to 9/11??? Seriously you all have missed it?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i think the military report claiming mossad can pull off an attack and make it appear to be arabs, should speak volumes. ding ding ding.. bells should be ringing.. especially when you throw in the story of the anti-hijacking israeli on flight11

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

You found it, but you don't provide a link or note the source author?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, well, well...

U.S. troops would enforce peace under Army study

Monday, September 10, 2001

The SAMS paper attempts to predict events in the first year of a peace-enforcement operation, and sees possible dangers for U.S. troops from both sides.
It calls Israel's armed forces a "500-pound gorilla in Israel. Well armed and trained. Operates in both Gaza . Known to disregard international law to accomplish mission. Very unlikely to fire on American forces. Fratricide a concern especially in air space management."
Of the Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service, the SAMS officers say: "Wildcard. Ruthless and cunning. Has capability to target U.S. forces and make it look like a Palestinian/Arab act."

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

U.S. forces in Uzbekistan directing bombings at targets

By Yossi Melman and Ha'aretz Correspondent
Published 00:00 09.10.01

American soldiers have been residing for a week now at a military base near Karshi, 300 kilometers from the capital Tashkent, towards the border with Turkmenistan. Their number is unknown. Journalists are not allowed to go near the military base, and Uzbekistan's television, which is under tight government control, does not report on the matter.

Hence, it is not exactly clear what the U.S. soldiers have been doing since they arrived in huge cargo planes. Their official purpose is to participate in "humanitarian and rescue missions," as it was defined last week in a meeting between Uzbeki President Karimov and U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

It is possible that the soldiers and planes are participating in the distribution of food parcels to refugees in Afghanistan via parachute. Some of the food supplies are stored in emergency warehouses in Turkmenistan, which has long borders with both Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.

Sources have told Ha'aretz that the U.S forces in Uzebekistan are not engaged in humanitarian efforts only. The force is made up of special mountain combat units, and includes many intelligence officers. It is clear that they are there not only to drop off food parcels, or to engage in rescue operations if U.S. land forces go into action against targets in Afghanistan. According to the sources, the U.S. forces are already operating intelligence equipment to gather information on Taliban forces and to assist in directing the aerial assaults toward their targets.

edit on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:52:43 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Mod Edit - For Ex Tags. Shortened External Citation. Please contribute original thought to discussion in addendum to any external citation.

new topics

top topics

join