It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Belated Introduction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I just realized that I never made an introduction, so here goes. I apologize if it's all muddled:

Hi - I'm Impaired (old band name from a while ago that just stuck).

I'm mostly here for the UFO and ET phenomenon. I've been interested in the stars and science since I was about 8 years old. Something about the entire universe just intrigues me.

Anyway, I've never seen a UFO or an alien - perhaps one day I'll really get to see a UFO. I really truly believe that we have been engaged in antiquity, as well as today.

I don't believe in the NWO or the One World Government. I don't believe in depopulation - I think all of that stuff is just fear mongering to be honest.

As far as religious beliefs, hehe, well - I'm sure quite a few of my fellow ATS'ers are aware of my position, but if not I will briefly get into it.

I consider myself an Agnostic/Pantheist/New Ager. I really dig the new age stuff because it encourages people to be selfless without having to subscribe to an archetypical god. I also believe that it shows a person to take responsibility and accountability for their own actions instead of just having a god forgive you and all is well.

With that in mind, I strongly dislike the Abrahamic religions (but I am starting to appreciate the fact that some folks find solace in it). That's the only thing I respect. Other than that, I believe that the Abrahamics are holding humanity back because they do NOT (seems to me, at least) encourage people to questioning things - to really try and learn the universe (this is one of the meanings of dogma - "Do not question"). I am trying to be as least offensive as possible on that one. That's just how I see it.

I also don't like the fact that if you refuse an Abrahamic religion, you are told (by some) that you will burn in hell. That's one thing that really gets me - sorry. How can a good person, according to some believers, still rot in hell for eternity even if they do everything right in their lives? But if they accept said god, they will be fine. The idea is way too flawed, in my honest opinion.

Not just that, but I see how the current conflicts in the world appear to be because of the Abrahamic religion complex (Judaism/Christianity and Catholics/Islamics). We have a holy war against Christians, Israel is against the Islamic nation and vice versa, and we back Israel, so it seems that the heart of the problem is the differences in beliefs and the fighting for these holy lands...

So because of how I see it, my perception of god (I like to use the word "creator") is simply infinity - or intelligent infinity.

We all came from a singularity. I believe we are ALL the creator - EVERYONE is equal - we're just at different stages of spiritual evolution.

Anyways, I have indeed learned quite a lot here. I have learned to use discernment and not to believe everything I hear - to cross check information down to the sources.

So there's my bottled up intro. Sorry for the mess. Interesting to be here!

edit on 1/10/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My belated welcoming begins in 3...2...1...GO!

WELCOME SIR!

I feel by now I have become accustomed to you posting here and that welcoming you is unnecessary. You seem like a very nice guy who posts positively and with a polite tone at all times.

I like that.

I also like your avatar. So here is a flag for that (sweet!)

I'd say "good luck" on starting your posting here, but we both know you have already gotten around the board and done your share of posts already.

Glad to have you here. Keep up the good work.

MM
edit on 10-1-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks, Mask. That avatar was actually drawn for me when I was a Christian some time ago. But the simple idea still remains and is relevant - a man who is blind in life - reaching out for the way, but is being influenced by good and evil - without being able to see the influences because he is blind. Awesome concept. I wish I still knew the artist.

I appreciate the kind words. I try to be as nice as I can be, but as you can see I get visibly frustrated sometimes. Oh... Being human is so challenging sometimes!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS hope you like it here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueAlien

Thanks bluealien. Grateful to be a part of this all.

new topics

top topics

join