It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counter-apologetics 101

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Why should I be open-minded towards something that is demonstrably false? Can you explain the logic in that? Maybe I should just consider all other religions possibilities as well, such as Pastafarianism. It's a legitimate satire religion that sarcastically asserts the existence of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one true god. Don't tell me you can't prove it wrong if you think you can. Maybe I should also consider Hinduism to be possibly true and that all of the millions of gods they worship may possibly exist. Do you see any logic in that? Christianity does not deserve to be considered a possibility. After thousands of years, you'd think that they would finally realize that it's all a work of fiction, but they haven't even figured it out yet. How in the hell can I read the book of genesis with an open mind? Plants before the sun? A flat earth made of nothing but water in the beginning that somehow doesn't freeze from the absence of the sun? Humans formed entirely from dirt but are made of mostly water? I'd rather have sex with a corpse and disembowel myself with a rusty spoon than to believe such nonsense.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

your attention is required!!!

Please read the following:
MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

Further belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others will not be tolerated.

Such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
oh come on DTOM !

how was my last post off topic ?

I hit "respond" to the poster that I was not interested in answering any further questions in this particular topic.

I did it in a nice way too that was not insulting !

I demand it reinstated

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I can pick this topic apart from page 1 where Condemned0625 is violating the T&C and also not using decorum with insults to others.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I'm not violating anything, except maybe your feelings about what you believe. Other than that, my posts are completely justified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join