It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pleasure to be Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have read the site for awhile and have enjoyed seeing that people are keeping up with the news and investigating. I am not really sure how much I plan to post, probably very little. I have a blog but I will not post the address as I seem to think I read that we are not supposed to do that.

I am in my 50s and can tell you that something in the world is clearly wrong. I know people in their 20s and 30s see it; but, it may be hard to understand what those of us in our 50s were told about America and the world. We were told a whole bunch of lies. I have watched the middle class disappear just as I had achieved it. I have watched the United States give away our industry in order to live off of debt and consumerism. This is not the way this nation used to be.

I believe we are emotional beings capable of using words and thoughts to manage our emotions. I believe there is a God and I believe that all who wish may know him and they don't have to know the name Jesus, they have to know the emotion of Jesus, that would be love, forgiveness and tenderness. For those who think all "Christians" are haters, most people that call themselves Christians are not, in my opinion. For the past year I have had four homeless people living in my house for free including two occultists (wiccan and druidic).

I believe this life is about learning to define ourselves by our beliefs rather than urges and that this will result in us being able to have deeper and better relationships with one another. I hope this introduction is considered okay and send a hearty hello to all who may read it. On a personal note, I play tournament poker and really like it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh man what a great introduction, welcome to ATS!

hope you have a fungasm here!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

great intro .. and you seem like a very human person
earth need more people like you with a great heart and a big soul

feel free to choose a subject in my signature below
i recomend to read the age of light thread
it will suit you well

edit on 1/9/2011 by Ben81 because: flag

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hey there AQuestion, welcome to a front row seat for the end of the world (as we know it anyway).
Thank you for your forthrightness, you come across as considerate and respectful, and I think that is well appreciated here. We have a wide spectrum of ages and nationalities, so the comments come from all angles, which is part of what makes ats such a great hood, that and a little truth of course

Happy truth trekking....

spec
edit on 10-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Hi AQuestion, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I applaud your introduction, particularly the two main points you brought up.

First, your critique of consumerism and debt is spot-on. That is exactly what I have been saying on here for over a year now. We are losing our manufacturing and our agriculture, service sector economy cannot and will not last for long. It brings unnecessary moral corruption alongside debt and excessive consumerism. It’s like a disease and until we can purge ourselves of it we shall never know prosperity or freedom.

Second, your opinion about God is also spot-on in my opinion. I believe that religion was revealed to a particular group of people at a specific time so that it would be easiest for those people to understand and adapt to it. There is no Christian God or Muslim God or even Wiccan God(s), there is one being that is all and is separate from all. The God that encompasses all religions and cultures that have not been corrupted with materialist dogma, so to conclude there is no one religion that is right, all those who believe in god are right, in whatever form god might be.

So welcome to ATS, friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

easy there, Mis...

... it's an Introduction Thread, after all. :shk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to ATS!

Quite the nice Intro, too.
Very, even.

If ever a question or concern Please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best, and enjoy you time here on the boards.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It is good to meet you, it has been a real pleasure for me being here as well. Has helped in coming to terms with a lot of the problems going on. On the surface it can sent you nuts with some of the stories and issues going around, dig a little deeper and you start to understand why. Still that's life and for me that is getting to know god, the evil bastard, kind provider and all in between. Take care and just call it how you see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm glad you have some sort of vice, I was starting to think you were from a different planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

As for spiritual beliefs I can only recommend self-cultivation(mind and body) to be able to reach higher realms.

Personally I do Falun Dafa self-cultivation by trying to assimilate myself to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in my daily life´s actions. It can do wonders, in my humble opinion.

If you are interested in the supernormal, the third eye etc, please read the book in my signature below, it was printed in more than 100 million copies in China before the communists banned it.

I wish you well,

Gaussq

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%, and im 3x as young as you. My generation is the most ignorant,
through the influence of media, and education. I'm glad I awakened before it was to late.

Welcome.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech

I'm glad you have some sort of vice, I was starting to think you were from a different planet.

Dear QuietSpeech,

LOL. I have vices, I smoke and drink red wine regularly. Neither is prohibited by my spiritual beliefs even if smoking is bad for me. Other than that, I just attempt to live a quiet life, too old to enjoy drama and young enough to enjoy peace and my friends and family. Be well.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
I agree with you 100%, and im 3x as young as you. My generation is the most ignorant,
through the influence of media, and education. I'm glad I awakened before it was to late.

Welcome.

Dear BruceEFury,

I have to say that I do know some pretty special young men in their late 20s and early 30s, they even wished me a Happy Father's Day today. There are many young people who were calling out the globalist agenda before their elders even believed there was one. Awareness is a choice. While I do not believe in David Icke, I saw him speak twice and was pleased to see the number of young people in the audience. Young people are our future and our hope, as I get ready to retire I see that more and more. I attempt to teach them to get a better read on the world and pass on my knowledge of how the world is managed. Be well.

top topics

join